Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blue Harmony

Very interesting thread.
    I just wondered if other people were like me, that is playing in a rather uncorrupt PSO environment.
    I mean, God/battle, Pan Arm blades, etc .. don't grow on Ragol trees ..
    Even if people here have REALLY found their own, these items are so rare that it makes recommending them moot since the chance of getting them is rather .. very low.

So how about talking about less wealthy solutions too ?

Example:
    Saffaya FOmarl lvl 126 (Xbox Jp)
    Sato Mag 10/140/50
    general/battle
    Elf/arm++
    Elf/arm++
    Elf/arm
    --------> = ATA maxed : 170
    EP I :
    Primary weap: Diska of Braveman +30% Hit.
    Sec weap: charge gladius +45% hit.

thx to the hit% bonus, using the diska as light/strong/SP attack allows successful Special atack hits.
    NB: if your partner can freeze a group of enemies (fellow force,or even better : droid trap), switch to :
    light/SP/SP
    frozen enemies have lower EVP and you have a better chance to score a special attack !!
    It can drive you down to 30hp, but the monsters will really, really be in bad shape after that. Even more if your luck is high and you roll some criticals in.
    You can't believe how fast and clean (and FUN !!) we can wipe endless or winback caves this way, my HUcaseal buddy and I.

EP II temple/spaceship : same as EP I
    gladius becomes more used when diska's ata becomes inefficient to SP hit monters.

EP II Island and beyond :
    Primary weap : charge gladius 45% hit
    sec weap : Caduceus

using gladius on island plants is ok, but those monkeys are really hard to hit.
    Switching to caduceus to inflict maximum grants damage (+20%).

Barriers :
    using Suzaku shield for color (suits my hair) and good DEF. Switching to divinity barrier for much needed elemental protection (combined with units then) : Thunder, Cold, Fire.
    Example : Griffon. If I'm shorted, I can't resta partners, d'oh.
    Would like to use resta merge, but that thing is soooo weak ..

Nice guide! Though i have some objections(?) to what your proposing.

Meleeing with a force in the beginning(!) is like FO:ing with a HUcast.. That is of course an exaggeration, but u get my point... I had a FOmar (lvl162) up untill it got corrupted. In the end he impressed most Hunters with his damage... But i wouldnt go meleeing with a FOmar or FOmarl with a lvl 60 or so chara, thats just a waste of time. Your much better of using your spells at that point. But once u reach, say lvl 120, and have a decent equipment, then u could do quite good against single enemies.. IMO no AE weapon could ever replace your spells so, the only thing you will melee effectivly is single monsters. Thats my experience anyways. The best way to do that is with a high hit Mechgun.. Its quite astonishing what Shifta and Zalure lvl 30 can do. I dont know how many FOnewearls ive made jealous.. While they brag about doing 700 or 800 in damage with a foie or any other Simple tech spell, what i did then is stand next to them with my 55% hit vulcan and mustered 2000+ in damage to the poor Govulmer how was just passing by. And using DEF mats on any character id consider a waste of materials. Once u find a Rare armor, u will regret not using them on LCK och POW instead. Jellen and Deband lvl 30 is more than enough. MST is also an overrated Stat. However, if u find TP usage to be a problem for you,(though i never had that problem) MST i the way to go.. Other than that, it doesnt do much Damage increase... If u want to do more damage with your spells, then its the High Discs lvls, Chara bonuses, mergers and wands and such that matters. If your a FOmar, its arguably better to have no weapon at all when using spells as u will cast much faster without it. On the other hand, dont neglect MST alltogether, u still need it, but think twice before u go berserk on the Mind Materials. Im getting off topic here... O well, just remember that your still a force, and thats what you do best

Just a little something.

EGA Warrior
    In the loney shadows of Oakhurst, California.

Saffaya, by telling people what the ideal equiptment they should have for a melee FO is, we're inviting them to look up who drops it, on what difficulty, and for what ID.

No these units and items don't just grown on trees. However they ARE very finable if you know where to look and are tenacious. It greatly helps to have other characters who are more adapet in fighting to go out looking for these items for you Melee FO. I knew exactly what to look for off the bat, having transfered the character over from the DC version. It's taken awhile.. but I have found each and every item I was looking for by the time she was only lvl 80.

Pan-Arm Blades - Skyly Ult Pan Arms
    Guard Wave - Redria Ult Poufilly Slimes (My HUmar has the set I found.. currently looking for a second set while my FOnewearl uses a Custom Frame)
    -Metal/Body - (Very easily findable, non-rare)
    -Metal/Body
    -Wizard/Tech - (Again, easily findable)
    -God/Battle - Redria Ult Hildet (I only have one which I switch in and out)
    Custom Barrier - Redria Vhard Temple Mil Lilly
    Kumara/Savitri Mag - Raisable

No, you're not going to be able go out and gain all that equiptment in just a few runs.. but it gives players a goal to strive for.

Hey, excellent guide! I'd just like to offer my two cents since I've been a melee'ing FOmarl for quite some time (lvl 155 on GC and now lvl 129 on Xbx). ATA is a FOmelee'ers best friend. At early levels, an FO has to equip way too many God/Arm's to be able to use the better weps (I prefer the Red Handgun & the Inferno Bazooka which need 140+ ATA), so I found it was best to be a normal Foie-shooting FO until you break that 140 ata barrier.

My FOmarl's mag is 50/50/50/50 and I equip a God/Mind, God/Power, God/Battle and a God/Ability (though lately I've been using that Al Rappy unit in place of the Power... so sue me!). My material usage was about 40 Minds, 20 Power, 35 Luck, a few Evade's and the rest in HPs.

Beyond this, I'd say acquiring a weapon with very high hit %'s is crucial, especially if you enjoy playing CCA in Ep2. If you're lucky enough to find an L&K with Hit%>40, then you'll be styling!

But the best, for me personally, is being a cute little FOmarl carrying around this enormously huge Inferno Bazooka. Many people don't realize that FO's can equip them, and I've even been accused of being a hacker for using one! (For the record, FO's can also equip the Bringers Rifle, Holy Ray, Angel Harp, and Twin Sabers).

Blue Harmony

On 2003-08-07 03:27, _Sinue_ wrote:
    However they ARE very finable if you know where to look and are tenacious.
    I understand your point very well.
    However, due to the totally randomness of findings in PSO, there is absolutely no guarantee to find a specific very rare object.
    And Pan Arms and God/battle qualify as very rare.
    (never saw anyone with on Xbox jp)
    It's taken awhile.. but I have found each and every item I was looking for by the time she was only lvl 80.
    please do realize that you were lucky, and that not everyone can get the same.

Examples.
    Xbox : I am looking for a Flight Fan since I play Xbox PSO. My main char is Saffaya, a whitill FOmarl.
    My buddy and I have been doing Caves quest in search of it. We've still never found any. (that's like 5 month, doing it every play, ie twice/thrice a week). I have found 2 caduceus, 2 PB/Create, but NO flight fan.
    DC : I remember when v2 came out. First time a guy plays ulti forest, dragon gives sacred cloth.
    I myself never, ever got ANYTHING valuable from ulti dragon in more than a thousand hours of play.

In PSO, you cannot target a very rare and get it. You can only hope. And sometimes waste thousand of hours searching for it. That's why trading was designed. so to trade what you found for what you wanted.

Gonna have to disagree with Elfin, I found it was easier to kill stuff with melee with my FOmar untill around lvl 50, then techs started to get powerful enough to make it worth using them a lot.
    But then I did pass him a mainly pow mag, and a double saber. Shifta/deband are your friends, equip as many /mind units as you can and any weapons that raise MST, and a mind mag if you have one(if not, raise one!), and get S/D as high as you can, get disks from a higher character if you have to, helps a shitload. Then swap back to the pow/hp/battle/whatever units and go kill stuff.
    And it's been said before, and will be again, but guns are not melee.

Yeah, I suppose the Milky dude is right, guns aren't melee... but it's a damn foolish force who'd want to be standing a foot away from a <insert big nasty Ult monster here> hacking at it, as opposed to standing twenty feet away shooting at it.

Forces don't, and won't anytime soon, have the dfp to be fighting while standing so close. Even Jellen level 30 in the Ult Ruins won't negate the damage you're taking.

I guess, personally, I consider a FOmelee'er to be any FO who isn't donning a wand or cane.

Owner of the almighty n00b bat

Nice guide.

But, you say not to raise def on your mag at all... Well, if you're going to melee, you need def for when you get hit. My FOmar's mag's stats are as follows: 30/70/28/70 Now that I think about it, def and dex should have been swapped, but oh well. Also, I still believe in boosting my MST (via a mag, not by mats though) because, after all, he is a FOrce. But the mag suggestions were pretty good, I might make another mag for my FOmar...