I've never intentionally duped a weapon, or traded for a weapon that I knew was duped. I just choose not to play with those items.

However, the other week, I was being kind to some newbies, (giving them the guns I had outgrown) and the high level player they were with gave me a c-bringer's rifle. I asked the guy if it was duped and he said no, so I took it.

I used it for the first time the other day, and although it was nice to have a gun that WASN'T a rifle or shotgun, I couldn't shake the suspicion that it might be duped.

I haven't played PSO in about 2 weeks, and haven't been keeping up with the board chatter, so I'm not sure what the truth is on all the server changes.

Can I log on and somehow find out if it's duped?

If I log on with a duped gun, what happens?

Will it affect my character or file if I'm found to have duped items?

I want to test this gun to see if it's legit. If it isn't, I'll just cash it out. If it is, I'd like to start using it.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

If I've been reading correctly (I don't trade so will never have a prob with dupes..) when you try to join a game it'll say you have "malicious data" or some funny description like that, and tell you to discard it offline.

You worry too much...

Though I've only recently been made awear of the new "dupe detection system" sega has put in place, I have a few bits to say that might be helpful.

First off, given the rarity of the C-Bringer, you can't almost garentee it was duped by some one. Probably not by the person you got it from, but perhaps by the person HE got it from. The person you took it from is either naive or just telling you want you want to hear.

Anyway. You have nothing to worry about from "checking". Go ahead and log on. If the item is a known dupe, the game will tell you. It wont delete your character, it wont even delete the item. It will just keep you frm playing on-line. You can them play off-line and rid yourself of the dupe as you wish.

Don't think though that just because the game does NOT tell you the item is a dupe, that it is authentic. From what I've seen so far, the system for identifying dupes has NOT been perfected.

It seems that Sega has begun building a list of duped items, and once it identifies a praticular dupe begins blocking it's use. It's an item by item process though. It will take SOME TIME before all of them are sniffed out. And chances are there will always be a few loop holes. (ex: dupe the C-bringer arm and not the gun, then make the gun separately).

Just say NO! ...to dupes!

thanks for the info. I logged on last night with the c-bringer equipped, and it let me in, so it might be a legitamate item.

I just read that PSO now labels player as having duped items, and the other players can see it by your name. Can you see the label on yourself? I wonder how many honest players will find that they have duped items in their inventory without knowing about them.

I've heard that dupes aren't detected in your deposit. Is that true?
    Not like it matters to me though.
    Now that I've rid my ENTIRE inventory of it's contents! It was to make sure I didn't have any dupes. And if I suspect an item is duped,
    I log in with the item equipped or take it out of the bank.
    I ask the other players if they see any messages around.
    And I havent had a dupe since.
    My advice is to test it for yourself.
    But I've heard that not all duped items are detected....which sux by the way......
    But , oh well! It's happens to all of us!

PSO Assassin

<blockquote>
    Maybe now that Sega's going to some good lengths to cure the duplicate/hacking circles we can get back to doing what we're supposed to be doing. Stalking Darkfalz down to take his lunch money and see who can find the niftiest toys.
    </blockquote>

that new server detection system only detects if you got hacked items.(lvl 999 mag,eggblaster+99,etc.)

it does not detect dupes,atleast to my knowledge

it works like this:

if you got a eggblaster in the bank, and you try to get it out of the bank in online mode,the server will say that it found a illigal item by *enter name here*

it doesn't delete it or anything,but i sold my egg at the store after that.