Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am currently playing Soul Calibur 2 on all three systems with 2 of my gaming buddies (Nic, and Joe). I Downloaded the Xbox JP version, Nic bought the GC version (Imported), and Joe (who only likes ps2, bought the PS2 versione)

The Facts (Listed in order from best to worst with brief description):

Load Time: Xbox, GC (Very close to Xbox), PS2 - Significantly noticbly slower than both

Graphics: Xbox, GameCube (Darker Imaging, Lighting/Shadows a bit less detailed, not very notible), PS2 ...not even going to explain...just doens't compare to either.

Special Characters: GameCube - Link (Funnest of the three specially exsclusive characters, agreed between all three of us playing) Xbox - Spwan...(he just looks so cool and plays moves more fluidy than Heihachi) - PS2 (Heihachi...i mean come on they coulve done better+ he is so boring to play with)

--------

Debateable: We al thought PS2 had the easiest and best controls fo this game. More buttons, all used. We thoguht Xbox was runner up, and all thought GameCube was terrible because of the blocky feel it puts into the game. We all thought it put more of a smash the controller feel on the game which was annoying. It just didn't seem to flow.

Over all: 1st place Xbox - 2nd place GameCube - Third Place - PlayStation2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sedyne on 2003-08-08 08:23 ]</font>

Good thing I have a Gamecube.Thanks for the break down. Have a

Owner of the almighty n00b bat

Hahah! Gamecube Soul Calibur 2 all the way! Link'll be the best character to play as. I can't wait.

Bounty Hunter Extraordinaire

I just can't wait till i get SCII i'm most likely getting the GCN version first. Then when i have aenough money i'll get the PS2 version. I won't get the xbox version because i don't have an xbox.

I hope you were basing your breakdown on magazine reviews and game demos because the game ISN'T EVEN OUT YET. It doesn't come out until August 26. Don't try and tell me you have it.

I was wondering the same thing myself (I didn't know PS2 and X-Box had methods to play imports o_O. However, I HAVE played the GameCube version of Soul Calibur II, along with starlightknight. Despite what everyone says the GC controller works very well. The button placement actually seems like it'll work the best for those junkies who like the complex moves. Link plays well too, he's just annoying......

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

forget Link im going to use the spam powers of Maxi

Blue Harmony

Just wanted to add a bit of factual info to your nice review :

Soul Calibur 2 on Xbox can output HDTV 720p signal.
    It is one of the few to do that, and the best of them.
    The 720p signal is a bit strange because it is 4/3 format although 720p is supposed to be 16/9.
    So you have black bars left and right on your 16/9 HDTV.
    Else, 720p is reeeeaaaal purdy.
    I wish DOA online would use that mode too.

As for the game itself, I prefer Soul Calibur on DC.
    I found SC 2's character design a bit disturbing (face of familiar characters look different, not pretty or cute anymore : Xiang Hua, Seung Mina, ..)
    The game is way too easy, they recycled Inferno, added another inferno type boss, recycled the fighting demos of DC's SC, etc .....
    Still no tag mode, and no freedom for finding and improvising combos like you would a DOA2/3.

still! it's a bad-ass game! on all systems! no matteh what!!!