Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a very simple question. I know that luck only influences critical hits. What I want to know is how frequent does one get criticals when luck is 100?

What about at 50, it the rate about half as often?

I'm assuming that 100 luck does not mean 100% critical hits, but some other number.

Can we get some estimates, or even better someone with 100 luck can actually measure it (take 50 swings and count how many were critical hits).

This would be very useful to be able to assign a value to the luck stat. For instance, since a critical is +50% damage, and if at 100 luck 1 in every 3 hits were a critical, 100 luck would be equivalent to 16% extra damage, or turning a 6 hit kill into a 5 hit kill.

100 LCK means half of your attacks will be critical hits.

Basically, half of your current LCK is the chance percentage of a critical hit occurring.

You Fat Pie.

Im sorry old chap ONE does not know

I'm pretty sure that you get criticals for around 1/3 of your luck stat, basically 1 out of every 3 or there abouts is a critical with 100 luck.

So we have a vote for 1/2, and a vote for 1/3.

Is there anyONE with 100, or even 50 luck to try it out? Just count the criticals through some number of tries. 20 attacks is proabably enough to get a rough estimate.

My characters all have between 12 and 18 luck. Those materials are so rare. I guess I could count the criticals over a much larger number of tries... 150 tries or so, with my lower stats. It would also only tell me what my current rate is. I'm not even sure that a stat of 100 is 5 times the criticals as a stat of 20.
    Someone with a very high stat willing to try would make this a lot easier.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Its most likely between 1/3 and 1/2 of your hits at 100 luck.

Descendent of Darkness

about 1/2 the time you'll critical..i have 100 luck..and i seem to get a lot of criticals...thats the point of having 100 luck...

My HUmar has 100 luck, I get Critical hits in a Row sometimes.

I'll be happy to try it out, do a few runs, and record what happens for you.
    Ship 2 - Sayrah - Level 54 Hunter/45 Fighter

Thanks.

I'll share my analysis of it, and provide info on say, how much damage a god/luck is worth compared to a god/power. Once I know what the approximate rate of criticals are, I can use that to figure out how much it is worth, compared to other damage affecting stats.

When my HUmar has his Red Sword equipped, he does a normal of around 400 with a Hard attack, and 600 Critical hits(This being on Ultimate.)

So with that scenario, it's around a 200 damage increase. This is equipped with two God/Luck, his base only being 44 when I maxed out Materials.

Edit: Ah, His ATP is a little over 1900 with the Sword equipped, should have mentioned that if it matters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bit on 2003-08-07 18:49 ]</font>
    Ship 2 - Sayrah - Level 54 Hunter/45 Fighter

Descendent of Darkness

i got less ATP like 100 less, and i do 300 each hit, hard hit 600 and criticals of about 900-1000