I'm curious if any of the fan fic writers here go back and revise their work after "publishing" it on a website. If so, how successful was the revision and do you have any suggestions? The reason that I am asking is because I am considering revising my first fan fiction. I wrote it over a year ago and my writing has improved since then, so I want to go back and add some new scenes and make it better.

Can I get any feedback on this topic?

Call me a perfectionist, but I also want to give a good presentation if I ever repost my fic. Any tips on that? My main fear is that people will go back and read the original version of the fic before I finish posting the new one, or that if I do post all of the revised fic at once that people will freak out at how long it is and not read it.

Thanks for your help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChibiMyu on 2003-08-10 18:18 ]</font>

After a fanfic of mine is done, I usually leave it alone unless it has obvious typos. Occasionally i'll go back and reword something, but never any real revisions.

I like revisions, especially if it's a story that I liked to read. Cleaning it up/adding things/rewriting parts just adds to the enjoyment of the original.

Oh, and if the fic you're talking about is the one in the archive, just PM me when the revision is done, and I'll repost it.

I'll probably rewrite the first two chapters of my fic... it depends how work lets me handle the time I have to do so.

I Dream Of Sleep

I remember trying to revise my first ever fic. It was hell, i wanted to change so much, but keep it the same. When i got round to re reading stuff from the original, i found huge plot holes, so editing them but keeping everything still following right was pure evil.

When i did get around to reposting with all the edits and revisions, it bombed totally. People said it was too long, probably cause i posting about 3 Chapters in one go.

*sigh* I miss my 'Malice Project' fanfic, i should really do soemthign with it in the future.

Good luck with your revising though.