Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Offline Only Veteran

I did not know Beat Time is this important... It's called Internet Time at my place though

I'll just say, the beat time does NOT matter one little bit offline or online, but for some people, knowing the beat time seems to give them hope ;P.

Yes, I know quite a bit about how the game works for someone who has never hacked into the code itself There are only 8 levels of rarity in the entire game. 8. These levels never fluctuate or change, at all. Beat time does not ever affect them. How do I know? First of all, Sonic Team wouldn't release drop rate charts with percentages down to the millionth of a % if they were to be changing due to beat time every beat. Second, don't you think it would be an advertising perk? "Some items may be more easily found at night!" or something to that effect. If the beat time theory were real, I would think that ST wouldn't be trying so hard to keep it under wraps and never discuss it. Beats were put into the game for the sole purpose of meeting people who are bad with time zones

sega released the drop percentage on all the rares? I don't think the beat time really affects rare items, but I do think it affects rare enemys. Last night after 10 telepipes at 664 I found one, it wasn't even FOS it was just one hildebear alone. Many people have found hildetorrs at or around 666 beat time how could you even explain that number of people finding so many at that specific time.

On 2003-08-19 12:42, Newbie100 wrote:
    sega released the drop percentage on all the rares? I don't think the beat time really affects rare items, but I do think it affects rare enemys. Last night after 10 telepipes at 664 I found one, it wasn't even FOS it was just one hildebear alone. Many people have found hildetorrs at or around 666 beat time how could you even explain that number of people finding so many at that specific time.
    Because alot of people think that the 666 beat time is best for piping, hence a large percentage of people try to find Hildetorrs at that time. So, because of this, alot of people find them at 666 and claim its some sort of trick to getting them to spawn, but it's just because its what most people do =P.

Again, I would imagine that if they had specifically programmed into the game Hildetorr's rarity to go way down around the beat time of 666, they would have at least confirmed the existance of beat time affecting gameplay. It's an advertising perk, they wouldn't just make that and then not say anything about it, especially when asked (and you know countless people have emailed them asking about beat times).

And I just found my first Syncesta after 16 Hildetorrs *and* a Star Amplifier from a Pal Rappy on the same run.

*decides to play with his Lavis Blades for the time being instead of immediately going for the final step*

that's wierd i've found three love rapies around that beat time and i don't believe that's luck, but you be the gudge!

It could all come back to the "random number being generated from the time" idea. Curiously though, I have seen 2 Mils at @314 recently. Maybe it was a coincidence, maybe they just like pie.

Offline Only Veteran

That has to be luck or I'll eat my hat