Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

On 2003-08-20 18:58, SpyroDi wrote:
    Hey,this is a video game here,not real life. I hate it when people compare unrealistic things to reality,since it'd probably never happen.
    And I hate it when people treat other players on PSO as NPCs. If you don't realize that it becomes much more than "just a game" when you add in the element of real people, then you're either blind or stupid.

On 2003-08-20 00:31, Aurra wrote:
    -_- I'm sorry but selling a J-Sword someone offers you is just plain rude. Someone tries to give you something they think you might like and you spit in their face? Real mature.
    I usually accept it with a thank you, and sell it after they leave, to keep the legitimacy of my items

but for the record, a funny story

*corrupted (FSOD-X)
    3 friends of mine were in a game, trying to help me back, and one was a duper
    dropped a 195 pow ChuChu, 2x god/HP, 2x God/Pow, Frame (4Slot), and a Demolition Comet

one of them was walking through the stuff and took a nice long look and wanted some of it for himself

I took them, walked to my bank and deposited them in, and thanked him.
    later, we were talking and he told me those were dupes (they knew I was legit)
    and I spoke nothing ".....", and took 50 meseta from my bank, walked to the shop and pretended to sell them. after, I dropped 5 crystals of 10 meseta and apologized.

the second guy (that wanted the stuff) went all out flaming like insanity
    I sent SM to the others (duper and friend 3) and told them the stuff was in bank and didn't sell....
    we were laughing our asses off
    I quickly took the stuff out of bank and trade windowed it back to duper
    after the second guy threatened to delete guld and block us, we didn't want to lose a friend so I told him what happened...

good times ... good times .....

Hey,this is a video game here,not real life. I hate it when people compare unrealistic things to reality,since it'd probably never happen.
    If it's only a video game, then you shouldn't be trying to apply real-life morals to it.

The man with 1337 in his serial number.

Besides,if it was a hacked item as a gift,I'd sell it right there,but if it was a normal item I'd probably decline.
    it becomes part of real life when other [/b]real[/b] people are involved. Itd be the same as if you did that to someone you met randomly on the street.

John 3:16

On 2003-08-21 16:42, ginko990 wrote:

it becomes part of real life when other [/b]real[/b] people are involved. Itd be the same as if you did that to someone you met randomly on the street.
    Oh, that's the rule eh?

One person playing a video game is still unreal, but two people playing a game makes it real life.

We're talking about a video game, nothing more, nothing less. All you people complaining about me selling the dupes can go somewhere else and cry someone else a river. I don't care about the opinion of a duper or cheater especially when they show their intelligence with the above quote.

old school fanatic

NKOTB, have you ever seen the Matrix? We can debate what is real til the end of time. The fact of matter is that there is another real person(s) on the other side of your game cube. That person is real & has real feelings. I don't dupe or use cheats but I also don't go out of my way to be a dick to people that do.

The man with 1337 in his serial number.

On 2003-08-21 18:13, NKOTB wrote:
    On 2003-08-21 16:42, ginko990 wrote:

Oh, that's the rule eh?

One person playing a video game is still unreal, but two people playing a game makes it real life.

We're talking about a video game, nothing more, nothing less. All you people complaining about me selling the dupes can go somewhere else and cry someone else a river. I don't care about the opinion of a duper or cheater especially when they show their intelligence with the above quote.
    Especially since neither me or aurracom are cheaters or dupers, we both play legit. And no one is complaining, were saying its a mean senseless thing to do to someone whos trying to lend you a hand.

I had the feeling as if I was being approached by a fence.

"Wanna Buy a watch?"

I guess I felt rude about just leaving the game.

On 2003-08-20 05:42, ginko990 wrote:
    Doing that is rude and selfish.
    So is disobeying the rules of contract that gave him that item in the first place.

Everyone wants to be judge and jury.

This has gone waaaaaaaay too serious guys... at the end of the day the duper aint gonna mind because they have another 30 in their locker or they can just dupe a new one anyway...

The duper doesn't lose out, the legit player isn't corrupted so the satus quo remains...

The commical situation of taking it and replacing it with 10 messeta is just hilarious...

Yes the guy might of been trying to "help out" but if Spudman refused the dupe and they continued to play then Mr J Sword would have hogged the majority of the exp with his duped piece of crap... [er I mean weapon]... So Spudman did right to leave the room and well done for doing so

So everyone who is getting on their high horse defending the duper, spare a thought for someone trying to play the game legit and EARNING their rares
    and experience