The weaklings I'm refering to are the ones that come with you an certain quests. Like MOME,MOTAGUE, and others. I hate these characters! They don't do sh!t! I have to heal them and take care of them. I've failed quests because these losers can't take a hit and they die. And why don't they use the weapons full combo, why do they attack one at a time, Idiots! Does anybody else feel this way about these characters who tag along with you.
    Unfortunately, strangers do have the best candy.

well, it definetly adds a certain atmosphere of CHALLENGE to the game ...

if every NPC was like KIREEK, killing everything FOR YOU, it would be no fun, there's a difficulty in protecting the NPCs, that's what they PAY YOU TO DO (meseta from quest)

now STFU and find a better resta disc (least L10)

yeah I know how ya feel. you'd think more the merrier, but no Mome does diddle squat and Montague being like level 80 some on vhard hardly ever uses techs.

I don't want them to be too strong like KIREEK (I agree with you, it would be no fun if they killed everything) but I just want them to be able to hold their own so that I can fight alongside them in battle, not have to constantly heal them.(w/resta 15 on Ul.)
    Like just a few hours ago I was playing Soul of Steel, I came to the hallway in the ruins where there is a row of Arlans and an Indi Belra at the end of the hall. I wanted to run down to the end of the hall and kill the Belra first (because those flying fists get kinda annoying while you're trying to fight something else and their pretty strong.) About half of the Arlans follow me and half keep fighting MONTAGUE and ELENORE and the Belra is shooting his arms at me. Now maybe I'm wrong but I think a Level 199 FOnewman and 199 RAcaseal should be able to handle a few Arlans, but no MONTAGUE got killed by a couple of Arlans. I undersand he's a FO and they have lower Def, but at 199 he shoulda been ok.
    Unfortunately, strangers do have the best candy.