The Lone Ranger

Multi-Equip:If the server system detects one or more weapons resulting in illegal data,it'll not allow the user to log in.
    Max Stats:Allow for a penalty system;If the stats of the user doesn't match the current level of the character,his level will go down by 10 levels and his stats will reset by that level.
    Hacking banned weapons:Implement a banned weapons list that if a weapon isn't released officially by Sonic Team and if the weapons is detected by the server,the user will recive 2 warnings with a 24 hour ban with the provision that if he logs on without the weapon the ban will be lifted with the warning,but if he's he recives a third notice,the user will be banned from using PSO.
    And another separate list will be used for items and weapons that are PERMANMENTLY banned. If the user logs on with the weapon,he'll be given his first and last warning after that if he logs on with the weapon,he's banned from the game.
    Duping:It's impossible to stop duping but Sonic Team can hire voluteer game masters to go undercoveer in order to find ways that users can dupe items,and they'll contact ST with the info and they'll get to it.

So that's my suggetions on how to not destroy cheating but to curb it to a percentage to 90%.

--Jkid

Fly, you fool, for you know not your peril.

Everything but max stats sounds good. Remember that we can get slots and frames and all that, and those do raise our natural stats. On top of giving a maxed MAG to a Level 1 character, which is what I do when I delete a character. So they'd have to find ways around that. But max stats aren't that bad, at least not as bad as hacked weapons or multi-equipment.

Preaching to the choir.

Mail ST.

Multi-Equip:If the server system detects one or more weapons resulting in illegal data,it'll not allow the user to log in.
    Wont work, character saves are NOT server side but on your memory card. The server doesnt know what you have equipped and isnt able to be modified to do so.

Max Stats:Allow for a penalty system;If the stats of the user doesn't match the current level of the character,his level will go down by 10 levels and his stats will reset by that level.
    First of all, you cant have illegal max stats. If you have max stats at any level they will be legal. Also, the server cant overwrite your character. 100% Impossible.

Hacking banned weapons:Implement a banned weapons list that if a weapon isn't released officially by Sonic Team and if the weapons is detected by the server,the user will recive 2 warnings with a 24 hour ban with the provision that if he logs on without the weapon the ban will be lifted with the warning,but if he's he recives a third notice,the user will be banned from using PSO.
    That could be done.

And another separate list will be used for items and weapons that are PERMANMENTLY banned. If the user logs on with the weapon,he'll be given his first and last warning after that if he logs on with the weapon,he's banned from the game.
    Possible also.

Duping:It's impossible to stop duping but Sonic Team can hire voluteer game masters to go undercoveer in order to find ways that users can dupe items,and they'll contact ST with the info and they'll get to it.
    LMAO You think ST would hire people to do that?

So that's my suggetions on how to not destroy cheating but to curb it to a percentage to 90%.
    Well your out of luck.

L:200 Purplenum RAmarl extraordinaire

One thing you're all forgetting about multi-equip is that you *already* can't log on with 15 weapons. The game resets your weapons back to normal whenever you quit a game or enter a Lobby, so naturally the ideal way to fix multi-equip would be to have it do the same thing when you entered an area.

Ultima

i really don't think max stats is that bad, it's nothing somthing that a real problem, having max stats does not really make you invicible, and it's pretty much impossible for ST to fix that problem at all, only thing they would be able to do is halt the process not erase it, they could fix all if they took away the NPCS but i really doubt that is possible unless they release a brand new pso and ppl switch, but who the hell is going to go thru that crap.

I'm still lonely! Talk to me, please!
    California, in the land of milk and cigarettes

ST are never gonnas fix the hacks... Not unless they can get off their bums or hire someone else to do it for them. And being the cheap, lazy guys they are, it'll never happen.

I solved the problem of dealing with the hacks in my own way. I gave up and preordered Final Fantasy XI. (13 dollars a month plus an aditional 1 for eacher character after the first... *mumble* Atleast I got a job... Meh it's better than paying only 10 bucks for a game that less captures my interest.)

Ark of Winter and Loss

Personally I think Sonic Team has just plain given up on trying to stop hacks. I mean why waste their time on the glitches when shit like Action Replay comes out and just says "Fuck you Sonic Team, your gonna look like you can't stop shit". I mean even if they did somehow get to the point where they knew what the glitches were and knew how to stop them it really wouldn't matter because here comes Action Replay to let you dupe, get to lvl 200, GodEquip and other cheats simillar to the DC version. I mean with all these cheat device things why should Sonic Team even bother with trying to make PSO hack free? I mean its common knowledge that every PSO out to date is hacked up the ass, GC is the least hacked PSO out there...Sonic Team has simply stopped trying and will probably just try to improve gameplay, give us better online quests and other various gameplay related issues. So basically until someone finds a way to completly nulify the cheat devices...PSO will never be legit.

But hey thats just my opinion...maybe I need to get a room with padded walls. *bounce*