Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good times

I just had one of the most enjoyable times online that I've had in a really long while. In a Sea full of duped items, maxed stats and multi-equipping, it is possible to still find descent people to play with. I was playing one of my legit chars and started a game in V Hard and in fact the name of the game was simply "V Hard". I was going to do maybe a Forest run and a Mines run and I usually password protect it, but I didn't this time. I figured if too many cheaters entered and starting ruining my game I could just leave and remake. Well....to my surprise the first person that entered asked for a tp, so I put one up and low and behold, they seemed pretty legit to me. It was a Humar named Luke and he had a Double Saber and was doing moderate damage. The cool thing was that we really worked together as a team and were chatting about different things. Then another person joined and at first i was a little offput by it (I didn't want them throwing off the energy of the game) but to my surprise they seemed equally legit and just as cool to play with. The other char was a Fonewn who wielded a Hildebears cane for most of the time (and no Pink Sato..can you believe it lol) Normally I'm used to people jumping in and out of my games, but this time they stayed and we bested Falz. Anyway, even though I am starting to really get bored with the game I had a blast!! We exchanged cards and hopefully we can play again soon. If PSO could always be like that, maybe I wouldn't lose interest quite as fast but alas I suppose those days of innocence are gone. Too bad I started playing too late to get in on those times. Anyway, it renewed my faith in the online aspect of PSO.

Congrats on the fun you had lol i wish the same would happen to me. lol every time i start an open game (i swear i'm cursed)their is a lvl15-70 humar using like 10-12 TJswords takin all the fun out of my game. I remeber the first time i seen the mult equip lol and, once again a humar in my game i made using just as i said before 10-12 tj's doing big dmg.
    I just left i didn't ask any questions i just left a bunch of games saying dam shame. Then going to my fav empty ship denab 2 man i love that ship so empty so quiet and play alone more fun that way i guess. *sigh* Good luck on meeting those ppl again lol and have a happy hunt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dgo on 2003-08-27 00:29 ]</font>

Despite all the noise about more cheating, multi equip and duping, I'm actually finding that MORE legits join my game of late. A lot of people scoff when I say this, but I manage to find at least one legit in nearly every game, and I never even SEE multi equip. I don't know if the cheaters are just getting bored, or if my character class factors in, or the fact I am now a much higher level (141). I just don't know.

- Shimarisu

We'z legits been preachin it for years!

Seriously, though. When PSO first came out (DC) PaStE and I duped about every HU weapon and leveled with them from 40-90...after I reached 100 I made a new character and played cheat free again.

From that day on I have never accepted a dupe...and playing legit (especially with other legits) makes the game way more enjoyable.

I'd just like to say, Shim, your sig is the best thing ever

Skilled Fighter

heh, yeah apart from my Hucast can survive without S/D J/Z..lol.

Rappy Hunter

Just to add to what Violet had to state/say. I play legit and am in a 100% league/guild (PSU). There are times when there aren't any of my guild members to play so I venture out of D/10 (our homebase) and have found more and more legit people playing in the other ships. Heck I even found a couple of legit people playing in ships that aren't really known for legit players (the "A" ship). LOL Maybe the people with the hacked items are just getting bored and are quitting or moving on to other games online? I personally don't have anything bad to say about dupers or hackers as I play legit simply because this is my way of enjoying PSO.

I think that there is a ring of truth to the theory that cheaters are getting bored and moving on. Ya know, I started a topic about that awhile back and everyone convinced me that I was crazy to think that LOL.
    http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...=61710&forum=4

Anyway, what Ace13 was saying about finding more legits reminded me that another friend of mine ONI, recently started playing 100% legit now. I'll be honest, there are times when the temptation to load a god power or at least 1 better weapon infects my thoughts, but in the end I'm always glad that I didn't. I think something thats helpful (as those who already play legit already know) is to play with others who are legit. Last night I NEVER thought about cheating because we had such a great group dynamic, and for cheaters looking to go legit, it helps to have other legits around so you get a sense of teamwork. It really does take your mind of cheating. For those cheaters that are not able to get online for whatever reason, it seems to me that it could be a harder transition to make but its still posible. Anyway, I hope the trend continues.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-08-27 09:09 ]</font>

RAPPY FECES!!!

The one time i played I was with all legits and we beat ult falz and they were very helpful of me since i was only level 109 at the time

i got all their card cept one guy who was like going through a mid life crisis and talking about commiting

On 2003-09-07 18:44, CGoodness wrote:
    The one time i played I was with all legits and we beat ult falz and they were very helpful of me since i was only level 109 at the time

i got all their card cept one guy who was like going through a mid life crisis and talking about commiting
    Yikes, I think I'd avoid him as well. I wouldn't care to listen to someone spouting off about how bad their life sux either. Compassion can be a good thing, but PSO is not the place to be counceling others lol.