Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boss Guides

Hi, we're currently planning to develop boss guides for all the bosses. We have in depth guides for Dragon - VolOpt, but we can use more of your player input.

This is an example of the dragon boss guide.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=789

We can use your playing strategies if they would help other players out. We'll be adding it to the walkthrough portion of the guide.

Important: We are also looking for these information:

Suggested minimum HP/Level/Resistances for each boss

This is an example for DF

Normal...
    Offline: 131+ HP, EFR and EIC 15+
    Online/Offline multi-player: 141+ HP, EFR and EIC 20+

Hard...
    Offline: 251+ HP, EFR and EIC 10+, ELT 15+
    Online/Offline multi-player: 291+ HP, EFR and EIC 15+, ELT 20+

Very-Hard...
    Offline: 391+ HP, EFR and EIC 5+, ELT 10+
    Online/Offline multi-player: 451+ HP, EFR and EIC 10+, ELT 15+

Ultimate...
    Offline: roughly 700 HP, EFR EIC and ELT 5+
    Online/Offline multi-player: roughly 800 HP, EFR EIC and ELT 5+

Let's take this one boss at a time. So come on people, post your thoughts and tips here, and we'll compile it and make it or add it to the guides. We'll appreciate any help and input.

Let's start with Dragon boss!!

Thank you everyone!!!

Alright but I notice a problem. In the part where it says sil dragon, it says fire attack when its really an ice attack (near the bottom). I take on De Rol Le but I could use some help from anyone. We should PM to verify stuff about him.

Edit: Ah, more specifically in the Patterns section

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoda86 on 2003-04-05 19:59 ]</font>

Like I said in my first post, we're doing this one boss at a time. So we're doing the Dragon only now. Del Rol Le will come later, and btw here's the link for his guide:
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=793

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-04-05 19:59 ]</font>

Ok, sorry for my incompitence, I'll work on Dragon

Friend To Rappies
    Trapped Somewhere in the Inner Circle of Fault

The absolute best strategy for dragon is of course go for the feet. I like to go and face him directly so then my lvl 30 Barta can hit most parts (Norm-Vhrd) but for sill I say pure RaFoie. THen when he gets up and fly I ALWAYS use Grants 500+ dmg almost all the time. RaFoie for sil then he will usually come back down before digging and then Viola few more hits and he is dead. For people who can't use Grants or techs at all Shoot with varista or super long range wep cause any help the forces can get will help. Soon the dragon will be wishing he was still an egg

Sil Dragon Hunter tips:
    Stay away when he is walking around. When he stops to breath ice, run up to his feet and start attacking.

Vol Opt 1st Form Force tips:
    When Vol Opt goes around the screens, hit him with Gizonde. It should only take a few to destroy the 3 small screens and the big screen.

I've gotta disagree with this:

Hunter: A Slicer would be best when the Dragon is walking around. Once he has fallen, Mech Guns, Knives, or Double Saber type weapons are best for attacking his head, which is his weakest area.

The Slicer should be used until he dives into the ground.

This is with my level 116 HUmar.

Using a Flight Cutter with no %s (shifta and zalure) my HUmar does 500-600 damage 4 parts (or is it 5) for each attack. So that is 2000-2400 damage for 1 hit, totalling 6000-7200 damage per combo. Now that I have a Diska of Braveman, with hit %s, I do even more damage. For those who write this off as a crappy 9* should think again. The Berserk special rocks, allowing you to do extra (double I think) damage. Just hotkey di/trimates to heal after each combo, resta takes too long.

My SRank Twin (fully ground as well as shifta and zalure) does approximately 650 damage for each hard attack. So that's about 2100 damage for the entire combo. Mechguns do less but hit 9 times so the damage is about equal, but they do hit faster. Daggers hit 6 times aswell, but do less damage.

So, my strat is as follows (sorry about grammar and spelling, it's 3am and I didn't sleep much last night --):

At the start, immediately run to the right/left of the Dragon. Doing so will allow you to avoid his breath attack. Standing to his side, use a normal-hard-hard combo, aiming the slicer at his feet or body. It shouldn't take much to make him fall.

Once he puts his head to the ground run infront of him. If your ATA is high enough then go for hard-hard-hard, if not stick with normal-hard-hard. After a few combos the Dragon will spread its wings and cry out in pain (woot). Try to get another combo in before he takes off.

Avoid all the attacks (shouldn't be too tough) and wait for him to land again. Either continue with the Slicer or switch to any other weapon, he won't have much HP left at this point.

Here is my favorite strategy for Dragon/Sil Dragon for any Rangers who have Guilty Light or Red Scorpio.

No matter if he is on the ground or in the air, the Photon launched from these guns ALWAYS go through the dragon, to his torso, wings, and the feet. The only problem is you need to get at a good angle to get all the hits to account.

Sil Dragon strategy for HUcast:

You'll want to bring with you the following weapons:

1) High hit Charge Vulcans.
    2) Handgun, preferably a RED HANDGUN, or something better.
    3) Twin swords, preferably an ASUKA, but a YAMATO would suffice. Or, a twin saber such as a STAG CUTLERY.

Now, when the fight begins, the Dragon would charge toward you. What you want to do is pull out your handgun, and start pecking at it until it collapses to the ground. With a HUcast's insanely high ATP, it'll be brought down with a mere weak-strong-strong combo attack. The next thing you want to do is pull out your ASUKA and stand right beside its head. Start pummelling away with a strong-strong-strong combo. Depending on your ATP, you should be doing 2000-2700+ worth of damage in one combo. Keep doing this until the Dragon gets up on its feet.

Before it gets up in the air, it'll give out a loud roar. If you time this carefully, and are beside one of its feet, you can pull out another 1500-2000 damage. Furthermore, if you have your handgun out, you can peck it with a couple of shots -- not enough to kill it, but more damage nonetheless. Most likely, you won't be able to kill the Dragon in one go. The Dragon will dig underground and try to freeze you several times. This should be no problem if you can dodge it or are able to wiggle out of it quickly. Once the Dragon comes out, a few more handgun shots should kill it outright.

The same strategy could also be applied with a High hit Charge Vulcan instead of using twin swords. Just keep doing weak-special-special combos on its head, and you can bring it down with relative ease. If you prefer to use double sabers, you want to use strong-strong-strong combos on its head. In any of these preferences, the chances are, you won't be able to bring the Dragon down in one swoop. But, that's okay, since it'd have relatively low HP at this point.

Sil Dragon strategy for RAmar:

With a RAmar, all you'd really need are either:

1) High hit Charge Vulcan.
    2) Photon launcher, preferably the RED SCORPIO. A GUILTY LIGHT would also suffice.

When the fight begins, you want your Photon launcher equipped, and, of course, have Shifta and Deband casted. Begin using strong-strong-strong combos on the dragon to bring it down. Next, you want to stand right near its head, but be at an angle where you can target its other body parts. If done correctly, you should be hitting its:

- head
    - upper and lower body
    - one of its feet

That should get you four quick hits with a mere shot. In one combo, you should be pulling off 12 hits with a strong-strong-strong combo. With your high ATA, starting off with a strong combo's no problem. You should be dishing out pain worth 2000-2500 damage, if you're only averaging 200+ per hit on a body part. You'll certainly do more damage with a higher ATP. Once the Dragon gets up in the air, just peck it off with a weak-strong-strong combo. And, if it's still not brought down to the ground, just do weak-weak-weak attacks. If done correctly, the Dragon wouldn't even have had a chance to burrow underground.

The same strategy could be pulled off with High hit Charge Vulcans, but, instead you want to do strong-special-special combos on the Dragon's head.

- dys

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dys0r on 2003-04-06 08:13 ]</font>

There are a couple things I'm sorta iffy about.

The first, assuming that you're fighting the boss at an appropriate lv (say 20 for Hard Dragon) you're not going to do all that well with a slicer. (around 0 damge) The slicer is a definetely no-no when you're taking on Sil Dragon, as it's way too slow. You really shouldn't be attacking the Sil Dragon when its moving. (This assumes solo play)

I also don't agree with the tech useage. Foie's range is close (if not equal to) zonde's. So, I don't see why you should switch to Rafoie since it has a shorter range and does less damage.

Other comments...

The boss pattern doesn't have the tail attack.

I disagree with the photon launcher comments made, as a shot weapon is 5 hits per attack.

It may be obvious, but it can't hurt to mention that you cannot take away that last 30% of HP until after the dragon roars.

All that said...

Overall, the guide is concise, so that's a good thing - It's not complicated, so there's no need to drag on.

Words are nice, but pictures are better. Pictures are nice, but a movie... If you have the capability, it would be the best thing.