Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is the sequel to "Why do bad things happen to good people?" written by...of course me. If you haven't read that one you might want to to understand. Plz let me know what you think.

--------------------------------
    Chapter 1

LJ walked from the Hunter's Guild to his apartment. It had been a tough training day filled with Bartles and El rappies. He arrived and unlocked his door. He threw his keys on the counter and turned on the television. He watched for about an hour before he began to get sleepy. He was watching another commercial for some furniture when he couldn't hold out any longer and dozed off....

"NOOOO!" screamed LJ. Ant was lying on the ground again in a pool of blood. His last words echoed through the area. ' Thank you for being my friend...' All of a sudden the room swirled and truned back into the city. Black Hound and Donoph Baz faced off once again. The fight was the same as it always was. Donoph finished off the android and it used its self destruct mechanism as always. When LJ got up again Donoph was gone. LJ walked along the same path he had so many times and heard the phrase that haunted him for so long... May the great Donoph Baz rest in peace.....

LJ heard an explosion and the words, " LJ! Im here to destroy you!"

Wait a second....that wasnt in my dream before, thought LJ. He opened his eyes to see his door smoldering and a Ramar standing in front of him. He jumped up to his feet and equipped his Angry Fist.

"Damnit! What do you want?" LJ demanded to know.

"I was hired by Black Paper to kill you. Hahahaha and unlike those before me i will triumph!" said the Ramar

"Not that i'm complaining, but why didnt you just kill me while i was sleeping?" asked LJ.

"I have honor despite what you may think. I dont kill those while sleeping or turned around. Now enough questions! Take this!" yelled the Ramar. He whipped out an Inferno Bazooka and shot at LJ. LJ backflipped over the couch kicking and going out the window as he spun. The missle flew over him as he plummeted to the ground, and hit a building behind him destroyin the rows of window directly around it.

LJ grabbed onto a flag pole sticking out the side of his apartment building, swung around it and flipped over to the ground. People began to gather around and wonder what was going on. LJ turned and looked at them and yelled at them to run away. One person looked up at the window LJ jumped out of and saw the Ramar aiming for LJ with a Laser.

"Look out!" yelled the man. The ramar heard him aimed at the man and shot him in the chest killing him. This sent the crowd into chaos. Everyone ran around LJ who stood in the middle of the crowd keeping eye contact with the Ramar. The Ramar jumped out of the window doing the exact same move LJ used to get to the ground and stood in front of him.

At this point the crowd has cleared out. The ramar pulls out a Stag Cutlery and puts away his Inferno Bazooka. LJ looks at him strangely and pulls out his Yamatos. They begin swinging at each other. The ramar begins to swing at opposite downwar angles with the double bladed sword keeping LJ on the defense. The Ramar makes a Powerful swing and knocks LJ off balance. He immediately grabs a Handgun out of his Holster and shoots at LJ's chest from almost point blank range. But LJ jumps over enough so that the bullet doesnt kill him, but it still tore through his left side just under his ribs.

"ARGHHHHHHH!" screamed LJ. The ramar stood over him and prepared to shoot him in the head.

"I'll kill you just like your father died," said the Ramar.

"Who are you?!" yelled LJ. The Ramar chuckled and began to squeeze the trigger. Suddenly, LJ felt the air around him get warmer and a Rafoie explosion knocked the Ramar off his feet.

"Arghh!" screamed the Ramar. He got up and looked at LJ. " My name is Descarado. Remember that name. You'll be hearing it again!" He ran and turned down an alley. LJ used his last remaining strentgh to look around to see where the Rafoie had come from. the last thing he saw a small Fomar running towards him as he blacked out.

-------------------------------
    That's all for now. Let me know what you think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LJ on 2003-09-24 08:30 ]</font>

Its good, keep going. I'll be waiting for more chapters!=]

Pretty good start. I liked how LJ taunted the RAmar at the beginning. LOL! Although, I gotta say one bad thing. When the RAmar pulled the handgun on him while they were dueling, you said he leaned back to make sure it didn't kill him (I'm thinking like Neo in The Matrix?), but you said it was a bullet. It is, of course, Photon, not lead. Might I suggest calling it a "coruscanting bolt of light"? It'd sound REALLY cool!

NO NO NO NO!! I didnt mean it like that. I meant when he saw the gun he jumped over to the right not leaned backwards lol. He jumped to the right but wasnt fast enough to dodge the Photon entirely. But i'll be writing again soon. You know i gotta feel it.

Awww, no Matrix? LOL, ah well.

Chapter 2

There he was again. Back on that faithful day. His sister on the news dead. His training with his best friend, Ant. The mission with the two traitors of Black Paper. His master's death. It all flashed in front of him. This time though, the dream had a new end. His near brush with death was fresh on his mind. Descarado was his name. A Ramar with the abilities of a hunter and the accuracy of a ranger. He was certainly a powerful opponent. What to do next?

LJ woke up with a searing pain in his side. He looked down and saw it was bandaged up. He looked around to see where he was. He seemed to be in some huge looking room. He moved over to the side of the bed and attempted to get up. When he did a pain roared through his body.

"ARGHHHHH!" screamed LJ. He fell back onto the pillow panting. Suddenly, the small Fomar that had saved LJ came into the room.

"Oh! You're finally awake. I figured you were too strong to let one shot get you down. Hi. My name's Zandor." said Zandor.

"Yeah, thanks for saving my life. My name's LJ," said LJ, " So, by the way, where exactly am I?"

"This is my house."

"But this is like some kind of mansion!" exclaimed LJ, " You look like you're only a kid!"

"HEY! I happen to be 14 years old! I'm not a kid," said Zandor.

"Where are your parents?" asked LJ.

"Oh they're on their boat cruising around the world," said Zandor plainly.

"They left you here all alone? They arent worried about someone breaking into the house, and trying to hurt you?"

"Let's just say i can take care of myself, ok?"

"Touchy, touchy! OK so mind giving me a tour of the house?" asked LJ.

"Well, you look like you can barely get up let alone walk around the house!" said Zandor. LJ again tried to stand up, ignoring the pain. He managed to get on his feet. Zandor looked at him in suprose, but immediately shook it off. "Well then, let's go." said Zandor. Zandor showed him around the third floor, the second floor, the first floor, and ended in the basement where a huge machine was sitting there. "This is my own personal training machine," said Zandor, " I can program more settings on this than the one owned by the Hunter's guild.

"Pretty cool," said LJ. "Let's try it out."

"Dont forget that you're hurt," said Zandor.

"It's only a flesh wound and it feels better already after walking around. Come on. I'll have a battle with you to test out your strength," replied LJ. He stepped into the virtual reality chamber and waited while Zandor set up a normal battle scenario. Zandor stepped into the chamber and said, " Begin."

The machine came to life and immediately transported them into the Spaceship. LJ equipped his Varista, knowing that he would need the extra strength because Zandor had long range force techniques. He cautiously stepped around the corner till he got to a long open hallway. He was suprised to see Zandor standing in the middle of it with his eyes closed. LJ took aim and fired at Zandor. He was suprised to see Zandor stood there and took the bullet head on. Zandor immediately opened his eyes and cast resta. He shot a foie ball at LJ, who jumped to the side dodging it. He landed hard because of his injury which flared up again. Zandor took advantage of this and shot a bolt of zonde at LJ which knocked him straight to the ground. LJ struggled to get up while Zandor slwoyl walked over to him. LJ cast resta. This healed his side injury more and allowed him to stand up quickly and ran to the side. Zandor immediately shot a Gibarta blast at him firing shards of ice at LJ. LJ rolled under them and ran out the door.

"Man, he wasn't playing when he said he could take care of himself," LJ thought to himself. "His only weakness is his speed, from what I've analyzed. I need to use this to my advantage." LJ ran back into the room and saw Zandor facing him, waiting.

"Well, you're pretty good," said LJ, "But I'm no amatuer myself. Ready to go at it again?"

"Whenever you are," replied Zandor. LJ took out his Stag Cutlery. Zandor countered by taking out his Double Saber. LJ ran at him, and attempted to suprise him by shooting a foie blast at him. Zandor quickly countered by shooting rabarta out and instead of making it go outwards he brought it up around him. The foie shattered the sheild which suprised LJ allowing Zandor to get some good swings in on LJ. LJ barely blocked the swings and backflipped over a low sweep to his legs. LJ backed off while Zandor stepped into a ready position and again closed his eyes. But this time something was different about Zandor. LJ sensed some heat begin to swirl around his body. It suddenly dawned on him what was going on. He saw the Gifoie come swirling out of Zandor's body. He immediately began twirling his Stag Cutlery and blew the fire blast away from him. He used the opening to jump in and do a twirling attack on Zandor. Zandor blocked the first of the strikes but being weaker and less experienced than LJ with a blade, he was quickly overwhelmed. The blades knocked his away and LJ switched to his Angry Fist and threw 5 quick punches at Zandor. Three in his gut, one at his head and the final one to his chest. Zandor staggered back hurt badly and cast grants on LJ. LJ was thrown back into the wall where he slumped down. Zandor began to cast resta when a Varista shot hit him in the head killing him. LJ stood up, with his Varista still pointed at Zandor's body.

The world disappeared around them. Xandor stood up and they stepped out of the chamber. "Wow! That was a good match. You almost had me, Zandor. You are good." said LJ.

"Thanks but I guess I'm not good enough this time. But next time watch out." said Zandor. " I guess we had better get some rest."

"Well let me tell you what's going on in my life right now before you get too attached." said LJ. LJ told Zandor his life's story. Zandor listened patiently and said, "Dont worry. I'll help you in your mission. I'm not worried about Black Paper," Zandor said boldly.

"Thanks, but i dont want to put you in danger," began LJ, but Zandor cut him off.

"I wont accept no for an answer. I will help you." said Zandor. " Now let's get some rest so we can get some answers tomorrow." LJ wnet back to the room he had slept in previously and Zandor went to his own room.

They got up early the next morning and went into the Hunter's guild. They went to see if there were any quests open. As they scanned, one caught LJ's eye.

"Hey! Stop! Let's do that one," LJ said pointing at the quest called 'Waterfall Tears'. "Missing Hunter? Sounds like Black Paper to me." They signed up for it and were told a Hunewearl had already signed up as well and had left 15 minutes earlier. They stepped into the Teleporter and pressed start. As the teleporter began, LJ noticed a strange girl looking at him with bright eyes. He started to say tosay someting but by then, they were gone.

----------------------------------
    Sorry it's a lil long, just couldnt stop writing.

Dude, that fight scene was awesome! Keep it up!

I get the feeling you like to fight alot, not like u have much of a choice =]

But great so far! you could've broken the really big part when they where fighting into more paragraphs, but its continuing good! A LOT faster than mine is, I seem to take the long way about getting to something...

Creator Of Worlds

Mmmm quite good.
    How necessary is it to read the previous story? Will you be referring to events in it?