Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fate binds us, destroys us.

Warning! Another long and drawn out rant is approaching!
    [Rant]
    Ok, so I went onto Antares 8 last night with the Meet User trick, and waited about 30 minutes for an Ultimate game to open. I then decided to create a legit game.

So I do so. And guess what happens. A HUmar comes in with a Asuka (Hurrah not some uber duped over powered thing) and a rati. I figure he's pinkal later.

So we get to about the 3rd room. I rafoie em, then shootem.

Then this HUnewearl joins. Guess what? NO DEMELITION COMET! A TWIN BRAND AND A SAVIRTI! And a CUSTOM BARRIER. Legit... sense... tingling! Lol.

Then this FO joins in with a psycho wand, but he leaves. Then a FO with 2 chaos (a stick and a mag) joins. not great weapons or mags. but certainly not dupes I bet.
    Then the HUmar leaves, and so does the HUnewearl later. another FO enters. I think he had a Psycho wand, but it was weak. And then a RA named... well he might be a member here so I won't say his name... comes in with a Guld Milla. I give him abit of a hard time, but then he yanks out a Frozen Shooter, then a Heavens Punisher. Says he traded for them, and therefore their legit. Ya right.
    When we get to Mines when the HUnewearl leaves and a HUmar with a Yamato enters. I tell the HU that the RAmar isn't legit.
    He starts yelling at me cuz he got them from trades.

I say "Heaven's Punisher IS NOT LEGIT on a level 90 player. And if you cared about stats you wouldn't even have it. Its weaker then the Red Handgun for cryin out loud. And you can't find Guld Milla on your ID."

He calls me a n00b who is jealous (I'm only one level behind him but he does more damage) and leaves.

All I can think about is how he was then one who was the n00b, whatwith walking in with 99% duped weapons and all, and the game being called LEGITS.

Oh yeah, a HUcast with a sange entered too but I forget when.

[/rant]

*inhales after a complete rant without breathing*

EGA Warrior
    In the loney shadows of Oakhurst, California.

Normally, I'd say chill out on the accusations.. because who cares if it's a dupe or not? I just don't like the A-holes who beef themselves out to the point where Ult Ruins is about as effortless as Forest 1 Normal. Once there's no challenge left, what's really the point of playing? It's pretty sad when a team can clear a room in Ult Seabed before I'm even done casting J/Z.

However.. you were in a game called "Legits", and that RA should have known better. That's part of why I don't trade.

Just try to be a bit more cautious who you accuse.. I mean.. what if you had seen my HUmar in the room? He sports an Oriagito, Demolition Comet, Red Handgun, an Opa Opa Mag, DF Feild, God/Battle, and Delsaber's Sheild. Those are some pretty nice finds.. and they are all completely legit. Just because his ID doesn't find either the Guild or the Milla, doesn't mean he couldn't have found either item in someone else's game - or with other characters who are well into Ultimate. Just by looking at my ID, I shouldn't have most of the stuff my HUmar does. However my Redria found the God/Battle, DemoComet, and DF Feild.. while my Greenill earned the Opa Opa Cell last Halloween and found the Red Handgun. The Oriagito is the only thing he SHOULD technically have per his ID.. and even then, the 1975 Agito is an increadibly rare drop which I'm very lucky to have gotten so early on.

yea, i agree with Sinue. just because someone has good equpiment, doesn't mean they're dupey.

i mean, since november i personally have run ALL ids in the game up to at least level 110. ALL of them. (my oran and blue are currently dead (my old FOmar and marl bore those ids) but i still have holy rays (yes, plural), an imperial pick, and twin chaks left as their legacy.) i don't even want to THINK about what my cumulative hour total is. my mat bank char alone has 30 freaking hours logged on it... i'm probably well on my way toward 3k hours with gc alone.

i do share items between my chars, as, well, i fucking found them they're mine to do with what i see fit. hell, i really don't understand this new breed of "legit" who thinks that sharing items between chars isn't legit... that's even more anal than Phlanax was (i met him while he was doing purple temple runs with his HUne in order to find yas 9ks for his RAmarl).

so, yea. don't judge right off the bat. i know several legit people who have legit uber rares such as sange and yashas, yas 9ks, double cannons, black king bars, x-mas cell mags, etc. do you really think that only dupers find good stuff? few things in this version are hacked, most of the common dupes were FOUND by someone at some time or another. just as an idiot duper who then proceeds to mass dupe an item that he finds, so can a legit find good items too. all it takes to accrue an impressive inventory or red boxes is time, luck, and good legit freinds with whom you share the wealth.

i do agree with you that there are a lot of morons who pose as legit. these are easy to distinguish from real legits as they usually don't know how to play the damn game or much about it. like the idiot funboys who claim they "found" their tj sword in ruins, or that their guld milla is legit because they traded for it, or that they found their pwnad off of one mil and they accidentally tekked it and it just happend to have all 0s.

i guess i can understand you being paranoid. when i was newer to the game and hadn't found any good rares of my own, i used to suspect almost everyone i ran accross of being a duper/dupe user. it's hard to belive that others can find things you haven't, perhaps. and if you only run one or two ids, then you might not have as good of an understanding that while an item may be impossible for, say, pinkal to find [god/power], viridia finds it fairly easily.

i think it's funny that if i were to go into a legit game with my RAcasel who uses a spread (one of 4 i have found in total (one is dead to FSODX, the other two were given to freinds), a frozen shooter (one of three i've found, two given to freinds), red mechs (one of, gosh, prolly 6 or7 i've found), an electro frame that was given to me by a freind in exchange for one of the fses, and occasionally a yas 3r i recently found with my new green RAcast, i would be suspected of being a "dupey". oh well, i guess. my real freinds know what i'm about. the only thing that sucks is that my real freinds aren't ALWAYS on like in the morning or late at night, then i end up in public. i HATE pso public. i hate it i hate it i hate it.

so, yea, poser legits suck. they give real legits a bad name. but try not to judge someone until you've seen their play style.

You may ask the Guru three questions.

On 2003-09-10 12:30, Logical2u wrote:

I say "Heaven's Punisher IS NOT LEGIT on a level 90 player. And if you cared about stats you wouldn't even have it. Its weaker then the Red Handgun for cryin out loud. And you can't find Guld Milla on your ID."

Pfft. My FOmarl could have piped a Heavens Punisher easily at level 90.

On 2003-09-11 08:32, Valleo wrote:
    On 2003-09-10 12:30, Logical2u wrote:

Pfft. My FOmarl could have piped a Heavens Punisher easily at level 90.
    Amen. My PINKAL FOnewm piped my HUmar a 1975 Agito by L60, and the HUmar was about what, L85 or something then? Took a little longer for me to lose enough sanity to pipe for a Lavis with my REDRIA FOmar, but I still had that around L100. Had my Red Handgun and Demo Comet even earlier than that. God/Battle, too. Do you think said FOmar really found his L29 Gizonde by himself? Nope, that came from my HUmar's first run into Ult Seabed. Of course, being offline only helps with not being accused of using dupes, since I don't ever get to play with anyone but myself. Heh. But yeah, if I ever got online, if I played with people who didn't know me, they'd probably think I used dupes, since I have relatively uber equip, especially for my level, since I look for things with my different characters and trade stuff among them.
    And then I have an uber-anally legit char who's never received anything from my other chars at all, and a couple of chars that are glitched to hell and back.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Fate binds us, destroys us.

Ok, I might have overreacted a bit. Just a bit weird to see a ramar only 4 levels higher then you doing 150 more damage an attack, with a mechgun.

i might know that ra. sent you a pm

found a chain sawd yesterday.. woo... oh well i always wanted one...

im tired of the dupers who think they are better than legits. not to start a flame war here, but having to cheat on a game that is just heavy,heavy,heavy or light,heavy,heavy is kind of sad. (but thats a different thread)

On 2003-09-10 22:47, bordering wrote:

so, yea, poser legits suck.
    "I found my DC mag and this Tsukimiri J in teh ru1ns on my Viridia !!!"
    "The g0d sl0ts were g0++en in teh Seabed w1th my skyLy,"
    "my l3g1t fr13nd gave me t3h Fl4m3 G4m3n+"
    "and I 1$ +3h leg1t"

they can be quite funny sometimes ....
    found my DC mag