Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    old school fanatic

On 2003-09-18 09:38, Dragon_Knight wrote:
    gallaugher- Red Sword, easy to find....lol right. I'm the guy with a Skylye almost up to Ultimate now and I have a hard time finding Flowen's Swords, on a side note I finaly found my 2nd DB Saber just last week. While I'll agree we don't NEED uber rares in online play, if your a hunter offline you kinda do to hit things in Ultimate and not take hours to do it.

As far as the whole trading thing goes, I really don't know why people think it was ruined. The only things anyone would ever trade anyway were the things everthing else dropped (i.e. Stag Cutlery, Varius guns, or section ID rares) heaven forbid someone trade one of their five sealed J-swords. That last inciedent happened to a friend three weeks after GC PSO came online.
    Now I have to say lol. First, I didn't say easy to find (like a monomate), I said 'relatively' easy to find. That means MUCH easier to find than a Lavis Cannon. Besides, you're not even in Ultimate so your chances of finding a Red Sword are zero. When you do get to Ultimate try running the Ice Spinner quest with some friends. It's great for experience & there are tons of Melqueeks. Just have a Redria create the team. Keep in mind the drops in V Hard aren't very good. When you get to Ultimate mode the Flowens Swords will drop like meseta. Every ID has easy drops.

And being offline only makes killing easier. There's less enemies & they're not as strong.

Your argument about trading holds no water. Why do you think people drop those items? Why would someone want a Stag Cutlery when they already have a Double Cannon? The fact is you might get lucky & find an uber item that you don't want or can't use. Someone else might be in the same boat & offer to trade with you. That is the basis of trading, both parties benefit from the trade. Maybe you didn't play this game when it was first released. My character wasn't created with a Final Impact in his bank. Maybe my character can't find one but another guy has 3 of them. He can trade me the Final Impact for an item that I can find easily but he can't (like a Justy). It makes sense to me.

Judging by the responses that this post seems to have caused, it is quite abundant that a lot of the co-existance does have to with the maturity level of a person as opposed to whether or not they use dupes

CivX, I appreciate your will to fight your corner without resorting to flaming people, but I do think your comments are flawed. A legit would have great difficulty going into a game and hogging all the experince, it's highly unlikely that this could happen. Also, yes a dupe holds the same Hex code, but NO it isnt legit at all because it was created by YOU and not generated by the game as intended

But, having said that, it is how you chose to play the game and as long as you dont hogg exp, etc... then o massive harm is done, except to the trading forum... or "swap a dupe" as it's being renamed...lol

If we look at who appears to come off better in this debate look at the way AppieDPC and Sounoni answer this question [who openly use dupes] as opposed to JT and Pancakebunny [great name though][who are legits]

Is the duping debate now merely an excuse to be abusive to people, because it's an easy way out and co operating is too much trouble???

On 2003-09-18 09:15, Guntz348 wrote:
    JT what did I just get through saying? Seriously if you have nothing constructive to add then don't say anything at all. I don't care if you and civx don't get along what did I just say a few posts ago? Obviously you don't get it, quit trolling around looking for a fight and if you really want to argue your point, try using facts and well thought out insights.
    my bad guntz

but on a constructive note,

like Civx said, if a cheater joins a legit game, then yes they are "assholes" ima just use Civx as an example. He seems to have respect for other players in the game, most likely if he saw a "Legit Only" game he wouldnt join cause its just not right... the problem with the game is that cheaters do LIKE to join legit games (or about 40% of cheaters do)

i dont know if they wanna feel special or something but its just dum to me...

and if the game doesnt say "legits only" then its usually filled with cheaters... so we legits really do have a limited gameplay, u may not think ur ruining game for us, or u dont want to, but indirectly... you are

On 2003-09-19 01:47, AngelAlys wrote:
    Judging by the responses that this post seems to have caused, it is quite abundant that a lot of the co-existance does have to with the maturity level of a person as opposed to whether or not they use dupes

CivX, I appreciate your will to fight your corner without resorting to flaming people, but I do think your comments are flawed. A legit would have great difficulty going into a game and hogging all the experince, it's highly unlikely that this could happen. Also, yes a dupe holds the same Hex code, but NO it isnt legit at all because it was created by YOU and not generated by the game as intended

But, having said that, it is how you chose to play the game and as long as you dont hogg exp, etc... then o massive harm is done, except to the trading forum... or "swap a dupe" as it's being renamed...lol

If we look at who appears to come off better in this debate look at the way AppieDPC and Sounoni answer this question [who openly use dupes] as opposed to JT and Pancakebunny [great name though][who are legits]

Is the duping debate now merely an excuse to be abusive to people, because it's an easy way out and co operating is too much trouble???
    if u read some of the other posts about legits and cheaters u would see that i have already made some interesting facts. One thing that id otn like about Civx is that he called my posts stupid but gave me no answer... anyway it is hard for a legit to "hog" all the exp, its relatively impossible to do.

If u hack a item, then its not legit thats just common sense... hex code just decides wat the weapon is and looks like and all that kind of mess...

On 2003-09-19 01:47, AngelAlys wrote:

I'll agree with you on the legits not hogging XP, but not on the legit items thing. If I were to mix in a so called "dupe" (let's say a god/battle) with a bunch of "legit" god/battles would you be able to tell the difference? The game certainly can't and that's good enough for me.

And as one last note, I deleted PSO from my HDD last night

Hey Nei3rd, thanks a lot! That's very interesting.

Soz jt, I don't have the history channel - I guess that would have been interesting seeing that prog' about gang culture in the US. Not that it's really essential info' or anything. All I've got are bbc1, bbc2, itv and channel 4, and of those only bbc2 isn't total rubbish. But I can happily go without - I wouldn't want cable/satellite neway, I just don't have much interest in watching TV - most of it is crud. Besides, I'd much rather make videogames my timewaster of choice. Wouldn't you?

seeya!

Tiny D

Rappy Hunter

I agree with everyone that says that we should all really try to coexist. I do however find it a real pain in the butt when I'm in a game with a low level character that is doing more damage than I am. Also along with that is the character that pulls out the Branz Launcher (for example) with 100% this and 100% that and destroys everything and their mother before anyone can get off a shot! Get along is a distinct possiblity if people would respect the way the game they're getting into is being played. If the game says legit, a certain level or trade or whatever, then be prepared to play that kind of game or stay out and find a game more suited to how you play. ACE

Through the Fire and Flames

On 2003-09-18 02:57, TinyD wrote:

So, zane online, u think that u should try real life to be a legit, eh? So when some drunken, low-life, wife-beating scum wins ten million dollars on the lottery, is he a legit? Or is it true that you feel just as cheated in real life when people circumvent the rules and get things they've not 'earned' (in quotes cos' its down to perception, that one) according to your view of life? One to think about, hmm?
    erm? i was being kinda sarcastic. i was more along the lines of "use magical powers to turn pso into real life!!!" which would be impossible because nobody has magic powers...........obviously.

And someone mentioned somthing about joining legit games, if there were games clearly marked legit i wouldnt join them, and if i joined a legit game which wasant labeled, provided they asked me to leave, i would. cos last time that happened they all ran away, i would have left but they were all german and wouldnt let me say that i would leave willingly, so much for democracy.

...Yannow, the only real problem that I can see in the Legit/Cheater issue is this. People are sheep. O.o

I've known a lot of really cool cheaters. Hell, I'd like to think of myself as one of them. X) Yes, I dupe, yes, I've multied on occasion. So what? I have fun playing the game, and the people I was playing with at the time had no objection.

I've also known a lot of really cool legits. Some legits can even amaze me from time to time by blatantly not following the 'cool crowd' and using Rayguns, Caliburs, and Poles.

One of my best friends is a legit. Another of my best friends is a duper. So. What.

Guys, the thing that we have to keep in mind is this. We are all human. We all play PSO. PSO is just a game.

And the third is the most important one. Games are made so people can have fun. People play games to have fun. So loosen up and have some fun already.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nohra on 2003-09-19 10:41 ]</font>

now u use dupe,use the multi equip which i dont care about cause im on xbox, and u own everything... now if a person saw u doin that, then they would like to know how u did it... u might not tell them but someoen else will... most likely they will get it, tell their friends about it, some of them will want the same power...

hmmm are u arent ruining the game in anyway for legits... its a game yes,we should have fun and live happy, yes... but when the game gets corrupted beyond revival and the creators of the game dont want to do anything about it... its not fun anymore