Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Lone Ranger

I promise you that if those altered mags (you know the mag tails and the mags that are altered by the mag cells) are banned until holloween (that when the Mags cells are supposed to be released),I can promise you that most of hacked weapons and others will not be used anymore.

This would happen like this...if ST bans them, when the user logs in, their banned mags will reset. so when they log back in,they will have to feed their mags. And you won't see those hacked weapons again.

Any thoughts?

Doesn't anyone ever tire of these threads (which all seem to be alike)? Every other thread is one someone started about how to stop people from using this item or that item or mags etc. I realize it must be annoying to a legit player to have their games intruded upon by "cheaters", but try not to let it overrun your every thought.

BTW, I'm sure ST is well aware of the feeling shared by the legit players. I think I can safely say they are no strangers to PSOW or its forums.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-09-19 12:17 ]</font>

The Lone Ranger

On 2003-09-19 12:12, VioletSkye wrote:
    Doesn't anyone ever tire of these threads (which all seem to be alike)? Every other thread is one someone started about how to stop people from using this item or that item or mags etc. I realize it must be annoying to a legit player to have their games intruded upon by "cheaters", but try not to let it overrun your every thought.

BTW, I'm sure ST is well aware of the feeling shared by the legit players. I think I can safely say they are no strangers to PSOW or its forums.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-09-19 12:17 ]</font>
    What do you mean by they're no strangers to PSOW?

And if they're well aware of this, how come they're not doing anything to stop it. Take of look at Blizzard and it's ways to curb cheating. If Sonic Team USA hired some people from there, we wouldn't have this kind of problem.

On 2003-09-19 13:45, Jkid wrote:

And if they're well aware of this, how come they're not doing anything to stop it. Take of look at Blizzard and it's ways to curb cheating. If Sonic Team USA hired some people from there, we wouldn't have this kind of problem.
    IIRC, your characters are saved server side on Blizzard's server. Your characters are saved on your HDD with PSO.

I'm quite sure members of ST visit/have visited these forums on occassion. Also, have you ever stopped to think about all the emails they must get constantly from people complaining about the various glitches? I'm sure anyone with any degree of intelligence can surmise that ST is well aware of the complaints. Also as Civx stated, if you play on the closed battlenet servers, all your info is stored server side. PSO's info is stored client side. Not sure if you understand what a huge difference that makes. Also things like D2Hackit and Maphack work just fine on closed Bnet as well as packet editting. So definitely do not look to Blizzard as a role model for stopping cheaters online. Even Blizzard has admitted in interviews with Bill Roper that some hacks won't likely ever be stopped because the technology does not exist to stop them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-09-19 14:31 ]</font>

On 2003-09-19 14:31, VioletSkye wrote:

I'm quite sure members of ST visit/have visited these forums on occassion. Also, have you ever stopped to think about all the emails they must get constantly from people complaining about the various glitches? I'm sure anyone with any degree of intelligence can surmise that ST is well aware of the complaints. Also as Civx stated, if you play on the closed battlenet servers, all your info is stored server side. PSO's info is stored client side. Not sure if you understand what a huge difference that makes. Also things like D2Hackit and Maphack work just fine on closed Bnet as well as packet editting. So definitely do not look to Blizzard as a role model for stopping cheaters online. Even Blizzard has admitted in interviews with Bill Roper that some hacks won't likely ever be stopped because the technology does not exist to stop them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-09-19 14:31 ]</font>
    And the GC still has the doublesave patch! XD

On 2003-09-19 15:12, Nohra wrote:
    And the GC still has the doublesave patch! XD

let's call it the "too ,any-fucking-saves" thingy
    not just the DOUBLE save

*takes deep breath*

Bank, Ragol Teleport, Telepipe, Shops, drop rare weapon, Tekker, Enter Game, Exit Game, Start Quest, Exit Quest, Change Ship, Change Lobby , Change Block

Mind that now. For the double save is the reason why the game has yet to crash. For the server conflict caused by the coding for the patch - if ever removed, the game(servers) will crash.

Anyway, Jkid, I can assure you there will be some kind of action taken if those become premature.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

The Lone Ranger

So,the only way to prevent that from hapening is to fix the server patching system. Unless it's impossible to do so.

Also let me clarify that my post concerning the patch was the GC. I was explaining that in general. There is nothing wrong with the PSOX patching system that I know of.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)