View Poll Results: Pretty much the topic but also feel to post your opions ^_^
also, be truthful. Alot of people say t

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • It is cool!

4 26.67%
  • They should never have been created...

9 60.00%
  • I don't use hacks but I have no opion about them..

1 6.67%
  • I only dupe! Thats all! I don't any other hacks!

1 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pretty much the topic but also feel to post your opions ^_^
    also, be truthful. Alot of people say they are wrong but they use them!

I play too much to post here much. Mman2000's Avatar

Hacking: It should have never happened

Duping: It should only be used to back up items you don't want to lose if you get corrupted.

I don't respect anyone who cheats, period.
    When the king acts like a badass the ace just sits back and lets him make a fool out of himself.

normally im legit, but, my dark side gets the bedda
    of meh sumtimes

These polls are lame. Have you not seen how many of these topics have been locked.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...6078&forum=4&3 LOCKED

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...453&forum=4&49 LOCKED

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...311&forum=4&18 LOCKED

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...261&forum=4&32 LOCKED

Do we really need another stupid poll like this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-09-21 16:19 ]</font>

I know the poll might be boring but still look at the world today. Every game made has cheats or someone makes hacks.... Some people live just to hack into games but my question is why would you want to? It is immpossible not to have a game (online or offline) without cheating...

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

us dupers will own you all

On 2003-09-21 18:26, Zysis wrote:
    I know the poll might be boring but still look at the world today. Every game made has cheats or someone makes hacks.... Some people live just to hack into games but my question is why would you want to? It is immpossible not to have a game (online or offline) without cheating...
    I suppose if people can behave and not flame each other, then the poll is ok, but often times it simply serves as a platform for people to start arguing back and forth (not that I haven't been guilty of that myself on certain topics lol) I think the cyberculture in which we live in has changed dramatically which I know is not an overly profound thought (I'm sure most of us realize that). When I was younger, I had the opportunity to play Atari 2600, Intellivision and Coleco. Then when I was in High school NES came out and I was addicted to that. Back then you pretty much had to play the game the way it was meant to be played. We didn't have all the cheat codes and cheat devices that you have now. But I remember that during my SNES years, I started reading alot of videogame magazines and often times they posted cheat codes for certain games. I was totally enthralled with cheats for along time. I would even rent games that had cheat codes posted just to check them out. I think over the years, people have come to expect those little extras in their games. Hell it seemed like almost every SNES or Playstation game had cheat codes. As for PC games, well, thats a no brainer, its alot easier to edit pc games and make programs for them. Look at how "cool" hacking seems these days. The word hacker is a household name and most kids find it fascinating. Also take into account that many, many more people are computer literate and have the knowledge to explore different programs. That mentality finds its way into the gaming scene also. The problem then becomes one of power vs. patience. For those that have the patience the game can be very rewarding when played legit. For those without as much patience, they may find it more fun to try and breeze through the game and see everything. BTW don't confuse patience with skill. There are some extremely skilled cheaters that play the game. I personally don't receive any satisfaction from finding items myself, so I duped to get most of the things I have. That doesn't mean that there are things in my life that I don't work hard at. I have worked very hard to accomplish personal goals. The reason I mention this is because for some reason, people can't seem to discern between the game and real life. They ignorantly assume that if I cheat in the game then I must be morally corrupt in real life. Its a stupid assumption, but unfortunately it happens alot. Some players forget that for other people the game is just a fun little way to waste some time, its not a way of life for us. Personally, when I play online I am very respectful of other people (especially legits) and I NEVER intrude into their games and take over. When I create a game and a legit enters, I invite them to adventure with me, and I'm careful to make sure they get their share of exp also.

Anyway to answer your question, I think there are many factors involved. The current state of technology, the fact that we have almost instant gratification and don't have to wait for things, and also the fact that many gamers grew up with having access to so many cheat codes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-09-21 23:43 ]</font>

how long did it take you write that?!?!
    it is incredible! or did you have it prewritten for just such an occasion? Google: long speeches about cheating in video games.

back in the DC days when hacking was very very easily done, i only hacked for the "benefit" of other players. i would use the duping code (not the duping TRICK) to give needy players some extra weps in place for those that they lost to NOL and BSOD. i would also give them money and recovery items, especially scape dolls. it really fealt good to protect legit lvl 1 players from really powerful enemies. i made lotsa buddies doing that. i know that now with Action Replay i probly wont be able to "hack" like i did in the DC days, but i hope i can at least back up my rare items incase the BSOD strikes again. maybe even it'll be time for the roles to be reversed and i might meet some hacker like me who will help me out on tough levels.

On 2003-09-22 04:58, Cerris wrote:
    how long did it take you write that?!?!
    it is incredible! or did you have it prewritten for just such an occasion? Google: long speeches about cheating in video games.
    Uhhhhh yeah I have an entire harddrive full of prewritten posts that I can spring forth for any occassion LOL. Actually it didn't really take that long to write.