Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rappy Hunter

I've got a few ideas. One thing i hated about this game is the one-tracked repetitive levels.
    Like many have mentioned before there is a whole world to explore, so why not incoorporate that into the game. The levels could be made bigger and more vast, with alternate routes to explore, instead of the same old rooms and the same old path you must take. Perhaps even splits in the path, where the team can choose to split up or stick together. If they split up, then the challenges would be greater, but so would the rewards.

Also, there could be more intelligent badguys, that attack in more than one or two ways. Even the standard Booma has a huge mouth on it. There is no way that it wouldn't attempt to bite you or tackle you to the ground.
    Also, Chaos Bringers are pathetic. There is one hell of cheap way to kill them quickly and easily. Perhaps they could unleash a flurry of blows, or kick you with their front legs. Stuff like that!

Phantom of Inferno

Hmmm... yeah, I'd like to see some things added (and changed) as well.

Do any of you old PS players remember the original "insta-kill" technique, Vol (and its multi-target counterpart, SaVol)? I'd like to see Vol take the place of Fart Cloud... err, I mean Megid.

On a related note, I'd like to see Megid return to its "anger-based EXPLOSION OF DOOM" origins. I mean, comparing this Megid to the old ones (did PS1 have something related to Megid? I haven't played the first one), well...

Phantasy Star II: Megid is an series of four explosions that go off at the same time, next to each other. It deals big damage, but sucks up TP like crazy AND it deals damage to your party.

Phantasy Star III: Megid (or Megido, as it was called), was a story-only technique that (Insert last hero's name here) used to destroy Dark Force's floating city in a fit of DBZ Rage. Kinda went like this:

Hero: This place is too evil to exist! NOW YOU DIERAGHARGARGHRAGH *insert explosion here*

... or something like that.

Phantasy Star IV: Megid is a series of explosions that deal a lot of damage... say, 400+ to every enemy. It's a "hidden" technique, and the way hte Profound Darkness uses it is even cooler (it inhales, then spits out the Megid explosions).

Phantasy Star Online: Megid is a purple cloud that kills instantly, instead of BIG EXPLOSION OF DOOM (Rafoie covers that). Insert immature fart jokes here (I know I have).

I dunno. That's my only real beef with the Megid technique.

Other stuff I'd like to see, after reading a few of the other threads, would be larger areas, as well as some vehicles as well. Like throwbacks to the Landmaster (Land Rover), Ice Digger, Hydrofoil, and hte "Jet Scooter" from Phantasy Star II. Or at least motorcycles or something like that.

... but please, PLEASE no Segway-inspired vehicles. I just can't see anyone riding a Segway into battle, much less at all.

Some alternate attacks for the "swarming" monsters would be nice as well. Hell, for ALL monsters. Boomas can bite and tackle, Sharks can... I guess bite and tackle as well, Gillchics... well, they're already covered with alternate attacks, but maybe they can rip their own arms off and beat you down with it for added range (hey, THERE'S an idea for an impromptu weapon!), and Dimenians... eh. I don't think they have faces.

Some other alternate attacks I'd like to see would be from the Locusta-class and Centaur-class enemies (the Assassin and Bringer enemies, respectively). Like, the Assassin could "shed" its bladed arms by throwing htem at you, then regrowing the bladed portion. Or the Bringer could throw a quick beam of light, instead of that telltale "drain TP then fire Smoke Bullet of Death(tm)" attack. Or maybe alongside said attack, who knows?

I want the return of the Boomerang-style Slicer / Slasher weapons. I'm sorry, but the way they protrayed Slicers in this just doesn't cut it for me (plus, the attack animation is kinda bleh). I want something that I can throw, watch it hit something, then have it come back to me, possibly striking other monsters as well.

AXES! I'd like to see some REAL axes, with AXE animations, and not be limited to the Victor Axe and that other one... the one that's classified as a Partisan. I don't care if it's even ONE swing period, it'd kick ass. But maybe that's 'cause I like axes a lot, but who knows?

Built-in Android weapons (other than Traps), to compensate for lack of techniques. Kinda like in PSIV, these'd also have limited uses, and others would be unlocked as you find parts to install them. You'd have to install higher-level parts to gain access to more uses, though. But maybe this is 'cause I'd love to see a RAcast open its chest, then let loose with a Positron Bolt. Or HUcaseal crouch down, open up some panels on its shoulders, then assault any enemy within range with a Phononmaser. Or hell, even a Flare Shot from any of the droids.

... yeah, these are kinda idiotic for ideas, but I dunno. I seem to like 'em.

here are some good, but really old PSO4 topics:
    http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...=60030&forum=1 http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...=60135&forum=1You can get some really good ideas from them!

On 2003-09-27 10:38, Cabel wrote:
    Firstly, the whole battle system. Its good for what it is, and represents a broad range of abilities within a simple control scheme. Its basically making a turn-based game real-time. The problem with this is it loses things from both sides. Its too slow and simplistic to be considered an action game (in the way other games are), while the techniques have been severely reduced from the previous Phantasy Star plenitude.

The solution I think would be to provide a far more sophisticated battling system, perhaps almost along the lines of Soul Calibur for Hunters.
    Actually, I think a Zelda-style battle system would be more suited to this type of game.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

If kept, PB should NOT replace your alternate set of buttons !!!!! Always casting Estlla when you mean Resta, geez... programmers nowadays...

On 2003-09-24 08:54, Kefka wrote:
    Separate the ATTACK button from the PICK UP button, even a 5 year old child wouldn't have made such a mistake !!!!!!!!!!!!!

No automatic camera when being hit.

More customize options on you characters (i.e. as good as RICO, FLOWEN, ELLY in EP2).

Controller FULLY customizable, not only 3 buttons.

More stuff to perform with your char, hit --> hit --> hit becomes annoying.

Characters run FASTER !

A LOT more monsters offline especially in Forest, Cave, Temple, Spaceship and CCA.

Monsters giving experience according to your Lv.

Lv 200 at 30 000 000, get real, this is enormous enough, already !!!!

New armors, especially for androids.

Use of weapons differ from EACH character.

Revamp the HUmar, RAmar & FOnewm, they're ugly.

PDs in different colour box

I should stop here for now.
    whoa..dont stop there! keep going. i would love pso ALOT more with those ideas and a few from the posts above. two swings with the agito and a foie attack would be nice. or atleast make combos like normal, hard, and magic/special attack stronger as you go on so you can thwart those all hard attacks. magic combos would kick ass but of course it doenst miss and you can already combo magic here anyway :/

On 2003-09-29 07:04, Kefka wrote:
    If kept, PB should NOT replace your alternate set of buttons !!!!! Always casting Estlla when you mean Resta, geez... programmers nowadays...
    Yep, many a cheap deaths due to that. (300 hp left on ULT. and 2 Delsabers attacking you, go for trimate, get twins... )

PSO Assassin

thanx for keeping my post bumped, these ideas are great =)

i deffinatelly agree about the boomerang/slicer =)

and i like the idea to replace (you said add, but im changing it slightly sorry) mines, androids shopuld have somesort of level based "disk" system, like the other classes mst "disk" system, maybe a new stat =

like "android intelligence" where you have to get disks to improve your mine vision sight, poison resistance (that might be a bit far-fetched but =P ) and amount/type of mines.

i like the gravity type spells idea too (i read all ideas lol =) )

basically i love the pso 4 style of things, the zelda combat system would be great if it was adapted (who doesnt button-bash hoping for the best =) ) and there would need to be a ranger/force sort of thing too =

ooooooo, news just in.... what if there was a new CLASS like HU/RA/FO dunno what it would be, maybe somsort of beast thing, like a primative newman, before they became more human, they would be like semi-intelligent at type things, id have to work on skills tho, maybe they would have an "evolve" move =) to shift around stuff, and youcould collect dna's like flow =))))

anyway, keep em comin, when this post starts to come together ill write it up maybe do some illustrations or summet

Newmans are evolved humans, how can they be primitive ???

Phantom of Inferno

Not quite.

Numans / Newmans / However the hell you wanna spell it aren't "evolved" humans; they're more or less originated from a genetic construct. Nei and Neifirst in Phantasy Star II and Rika / Fal in Phantasy Star IV are both Numans (though PSII says that Nei is a creation of human and Biomonster DNA), and both were pretty much... well, "test tube babies," for lack of a better phrase.

Which leads me to believe that Newmans in PSO stem from two origins:

1) All Newmans were created through the "test tube" process; thus, there would be a small chance for a "failed" Newman to emerge from the process. This "failed" Newman would be your brute force Newman... and incredibly stupid, too.

2) All Newmans are not 100% "Newman," per se; they're more or less "hybrids" after mating with normal humans. If you look at Rika / Fal, you can notice that her ears have a little black at the tips, and are a bit more concave (as normal ears are). Whereas PSO Newmans look like elves and/or half-elves, without those black tips. It's possible that some of these offspring may not have been brought up in the city prior to the evacuation of Coral, and have had a hard time trying to fit into society while in Pioneer 2; thus, another possibility for a "primitive" brute Newman.

I'm still sticking by my first theory, as it makes the most sense and doesn't attempt to cling to the old games (I believe ST said they didn't want to really connect PSO to the old games), but yeah. It can be possible, but just... y'know. I kinda feel that a Motavian-like humanoid would be better as a "brute."

Once again, I apologize if I sound like an idiot in this post (which isn't very hard, if you think about it). I got worked up again.