Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    PSO Assassin

cool cool, i like the extend ragol idea =)

it doesnt have to be ragol tho, weve had this story line for quite a while now, can be a whole new planet,im just playing through ps 4 now, and that story seems pretty cool (im right at the begining after getting rika, cant find thingies fortress lol, i think ill have to do a guild mission or summet)

but if say it was a pso ep 1+2 remake it would be cool to get an extended story, such as finding some sort of other government ship in the mines or something, and have the areas full with more monsters so u can have 10 or so people in a team =) but this is all sounding asthough its gonna be a pc style game, im assuming most people that post here have a pc (j/k) but still, i like the pop up speach bubbles and cartoony style, if there was 10 on screen at a time u wouldnt be able to see,and thhus be fo0ked =/

ill start writing up my ideas in full and maybe adding drawings, when i fully develop the idea ill see if sonic team have a uk based place, or if not ill send it via post, but i think it would be soooo cool, with fully customisable combos, scope aiming, and being able to poison enemies =))

ps: also, an idea ive had for a while:

FOcast/caseal =)

well techs do come on disks =) what if robots were built so that they were fully optomised for elemental attacks, the dont necisarily(sp?) have to be human in shape, but this would lead to - "but i want some form of melee" i think it could be the ultimate force! no real need for weapons, (maybe cards, but not in the throwing style, more a boosting tech dmg style) so instead of sticks etc, you get circuit boards, that allow you to get a mst boost.

pps: how about special units that take up more than 1 slot in armours, such as ANDROID/RESTA - a unit that takes up 4 slots that allows cast's to use there pb bar as a tp bar and use like lvl 5 resta or summin
    or a 4 slot unit/implant sorta thing where i can give my RAmar the strengths of a droid (obviously disabling spells while its in) such as seing mines, no poison/para

anyway keep up the good work peeps

(by the way all of my chars that got fsodx'd have been remade, and my HUcast is a mighty level 7 = RAmar is 4)

Each class should have some kind of special ability instead of a photon blast. Like Hunters have super speed and can attack really fast, Rangers get a super boost of power and can never miss, Forces turn invisible to all enemies incuding bosses and get an MST boost(these are all only for a short time like if you become invulnerable from mag)
    They should have some new characters like a FOcast or FOcaseal and he has like 5x the amount of traps than a regular android and they have like resta traps, S&D traps, super damage traps, megid traps, J&Z traps, and be able to use them on bosses and have decent attack power(kinda like a FOmar).
    They should also have new classes like Beast or Monster or something like that where they can only use certain weapons,are really really strong, have no mst, randomly gets confused, cant use guns, have decent accuracy, and have some kind of special ability like Psycho Power where they can kill anything in one hit.
    Another class is God or Goddess. They cannot use any weapons or shields or armors, but they are pretty good in everything(God having more ATP and DEF than Goddess but Goddess having more ACC and MST), and they have a special ability to fly around for a short time and can shoot down special lighting bolts while flying that hurts enemys a lot and automatically shocks the enemies.
    Another idea I have is instead of raising mags, you raise a pet or something like that. You raise it and it follows you and the higher level it gets the more it can do for you. Like if you raise a bird it can fly and pick you up for a short while and drop you where you want to, or if you raise a horse you can ride it and then you have extra speed, power and defense, or you can raise a bull and it can attack enemies for you and even attack the boss, and a special thing a God or Goddess can raise is a Golden Chariot where they get to ride around and are invulnerable(these are all if they are fully grown.) And if you don't feed you pet enough it can die and then you will have to start a new pet. This will help stop dupers from duping mags since most dupers or dupe users don't feed their mag.
    These are just some ideas i have.

OMG I just read the name "Rika". what character class is she? Ironically I just made a character with that name not knowing it was already in existence....

GO TO HELL C:

yeah im kinda sick of teleporting they could have 'zone lines' like in som MMORPG's so once u hit the line it would load u into a new area and monsters couldn't follow u

On 2003-09-24 16:41, StrongBad wrote:
    Each class should have some kind of special ability instead of a photon blast. Like Hunters have super speed and can attack really fast, Rangers get a super boost of power and can never miss, Forces turn invisible to all enemies incuding bosses and get an MST boost(these are all only for a short time like if you become invulnerable from mag)
    Well, how about this: When your Mag evolves for the first time, instead of giving a Photon Blast, enables your character to use a "weapon skill" instead, the effects of this depend on the weapon, like a Saber-type weapon would do one attack that has much more power than normal, or a Handgun would do a series of never-missing critical hits. Of course, different rare weapons could have unique special attacks.

Then, after the next evolution, it would allow a Summon, which forms a companion determined by the player, and follows the character around for a certain amount of time. During the summon's time with you, the PB guage would gradually deplete, and when it hits zero, the summon fades away, but you can still hit enemies and take hits to extend the summon's time a little while.

The last one, by the Mag's third evolution, could be a class-specific ability, that has a great effect on the character that uses it, and a smaller or different effect to the rest of the party. For example, a HUcast's ability could give a power and accuracy boost to himself, and constant massive HP regeneration for himself and all party members. Or, say, a FOmar could boost his stats some, then boost the attack speed of all party members.

That would be fun.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

PSO Assassin

hehe cool

rika is the numan in phantasy star 4, she was cxreated in a lab from a lot of experiments done by a computer from outer space (its hard to believe but =P ) to compare her to a psO character she is a HUnewearl, she used claw weapons, and magic

the ability to feed your mag materials to automatically increase the stat. like using a power mat on a mag with a pow rating of 99, would automatically take it up to 100 instead of like 4 or 5 trimates

eBiL eMuChOw

Four words:

Phantasy.
    Star.
    Online.
    Tactics.

n.n That'd be cool.

-Mixing up combos: I like... I've always thought about this myself.

-The options with existing techniques are great, however, nature and water really wouldn't fit as well into the context of Phantasy Star. Wind and gravity-related techniques, however, would.

-Summoning? Eh... well, maybe it could be extension of the Photon Blast system. Of course with C.A.R.D. Revolution coming out the concept really doesn't seem that far-fetched for a PS game anymore.

-Sniping would be great, but, with the auto-targeting system in place already it would seem rather pointless, wouldn't it? The instant kill thing for hunters might make the game too unbalanced, as would the "inpenetrable Force shield"... what about techniques that raise and lower elemental defenses? Ultimate desparate attack? Again... Photon Blasts are already there, and while it isn't exactly the same as what you said it could kinda cover that

-I'm all for speed enhancement as you level up. In the original Phantasy Star games, actually, there were two techniques--Saner and Doran--which would raise your party's agility and lower the enemies', respectively.

"Use of weapons differ from EACH character."
    -I think all weapons should be available to everyone... however, a player should be required to gain skill at using certain types of weapons in order to actually use it effectively.

"Revamp the HUmar, RAmar & FOnewm, they're ugly."
    -No they are not, f00! But... they could give more variety in the options for attire. Like, for example, a HUnewearl could put on a dress instead if she preferred...

"Create a fully customizable charector...like "You start with 10 pts. in each section, and here are 100 allocation points." And people could customize their ATP, EVP, MST, ATA, DFP and maybe their Elemental Resistances"
    --w00t! Yes!

"Idea: Sacrifice a slot and your barrier to do two-fisted melee attack! Make a mechgun out of two handguns! (Imagine Mechgun Hpun... O.O)"
    --W00t! Er, kinda. They should restore the whole "weapon in each hand if possible" thing from the old games. Like, for example, a Sword would take two hands, but, a handgun or a saber would take only one. Actually, a system kind of like KOTOR's (with a penalty in the "off" hand if you equip two weapons) would be cool. Oh! Being able to select whether you are left- or right-handed would be great too.

"If there comes out another PSOPC, make it so that you can make SKINS and MODELS! Make them so that you can easily convert your Quake, UT99, UT2003, or HL skins/models to PSO. And combine that with the Chara customizer...HUdrag or FOdragal anyone? I'd love that.

HUfurre, HUfurreal, RAfurre, RAfurreal, FOfurre, FOfurreal, HUmarl, HUnewm, RAnewm, RAnewmarl...Any more class ideas?"
    --...No. Three or four or five races is enough without all of that going on.

"FOcast/caseal =)"
    -Eh, I don't know... I don't think I could get used to something like that. It doesn't seem... right.

"In my opinion, they should make everything more fluid. Take a look at forest 1, after finishing it you warp to forest 2 which is kind of ill-planned in my opinion. The gaming world has evolved for the most part, simply out-dating those stage based games. So why does PSO use it? Let's get into some logic for a second."
    -Eh, while your 'dark pathway' idea is nice it wouldn't actually change the basic structure of the game...
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Perfection at its best

Improve PSO? As I've said in another thread somewhere, make it into an MMORPG. I'm sick of these tiny little areas that just randomly go to another when you finish it. I want a whole world to run around and mess with.