View Poll Results: My anwser...
NO!
Too many people are doing this and calling it legit. Getting FSODed or Corrupted

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 61.11%
  • No

21 38.89%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

...spending hours to find an item only to lose it to a glitch is very, very pointless. Hell, when I get a Nei's claw, I'm making three backups of it. O.o

old school fanatic

If you spend hours & hours to find a weapon then make sure it's equipped when you're at a save point. There are ways of coping with FSOD. You just can't have 4 uber weapons on you at all times.

I think if you dupe items that makes you a duper. If you accept duped items that makes you someone who accepts duped items.

It boils down to what do you consider legit? What do you consider cheating?

Hmmm well the one thing I dont like is people selling this stuff on ebay:

You can see it all the time now:

760 Rares for $5.99 and a whole shed load of stuff on offer.
    I mailed one of the 'people' and they admitted they are duped but that MS will NOT kick you off their servers for using them and your account will not get banned! - yeah right.........
    But what do I know - I haven't duped anything and never bought anything from ebay knowing it was duped just to get the 'rares'.
    I rather find them myself - but easy come, easy go - ive already had FSOD online and lost a cool mag and weapon but ill find them again.

On 2003-09-24 08:32, gallaugher wrote:
    If you spend hours & hours to find a weapon then make sure it's equipped when you're at a save point. There are ways of coping with FSOD. You just can't have 4 uber weapons on you at all times.
    Why can't I have 4 uber weapons on me at all times? I shouldn't have to worry about losing them because the game wants to be an asshole and freeze on me.

old school fanatic

On 2003-09-24 08:45, CivX wrote:
    Why can't I have 4 uber weapons on me at all times? I shouldn't have to worry about losing them because the game wants to be an asshole and freeze on me.
    Obviously you can since you have backups in the bank, right? True, you shouldn't have to worry about FSOD but guess what, you do. BTW, you really don't NEED 4 uber weapons unless you're playing solo. When playing online in a group the bad guys will die fast enough. My RAmarl uses:
    S-Rank shot (always equipped at save points)
    Snow Queen (don't care if I lose it)
    Charge Gatlings (don't care if I lose it)
    That is plenty of firepower. Normal (non-uber) weapons are horribly under-rated.

OK I have made some backup rares on my characters. I make a backup and put it on another char on my other memory card. My personal belief is that its not cheating. You are taking extra precautions to protecting your items. I mean i dont wanna spend 2 hours pipng a Love Rappy to get a heart of Poumn and go online, say get killed, forget to reequip before i try to go down(as i often do) and get fsoded. Do you realize how much that would suck? Whether you consider it cheating or not i'm going to do it. You be careful with your items and i'll be extra careful with mine.

gallaugher:

Your logic doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I want to have 4 uber weapons on me at all times and I don't want to worry about losing them because of a shitty game. So you know what I'll do? I'll make backup copies so if my game freezes up I don't have to worry about losing my items.

FSOD/FSODX is NOT a gameplay feature, it is not listen on the box nor is it ever mentioned in the game. It is a stupid glitch and I will do whatever it takes not to lose my items that I worked hard for. So how am I not legit again..?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CivX on 2003-09-24 10:06 ]</font>

old school fanatic

CivX:

I actually never said you weren't legit. However, I don't consider duping of any kind to be legit. That's just my opinion. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

I'm not sure what didn't make sense about my logic. I just said there are ways of coping with fsod that don't involve duping. How is that logic flawed? I deal with fsod by having 1 weapon equipped that I don't want to lose. I can handle losing the others to fsod if it comes to that. You cope with fsod by duping backups of your weapons. That's your choice. You might still consider yourself to be legit. That's your opinion.

What I'm saying is, you SHOULD be able to have as many items/weapons on you as you want WITHOUT worrying about the game freezing on you.

old school fanatic

I agree with you.