View Poll Results: My anwser...
NO!
Too many people are doing this and calling it legit. Getting FSODed or Corrupted

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 61.11%
  • No

21 38.89%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

On 2003-09-27 11:43, tank1 wrote:
    im 1 of the strictest legits there are be even i have spare (duped) items on another memory card for that dark day wen i get FSOD!!
    Are they duped copies of YOUR specific items, or dupes of other icons that are the same?

I.E. Having a copy of my Hildeblue's Cane, versus having a duped Hildeblue cane I traded for. I use the 1st.

I say, no, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it I'm just saying your fully one way or the other.

I don't trade just for that reason, you don't know if what they are tradind is duped, so if you want to be 100% legit make a new Character and never trade w/ ppl or just play offline.

A slave for Naru...

I'd have to say that duping an item, even if it's a super rare one, would be cheating... By duping the item, you're taking the easy way out. Yeah sure you want to protect your investment of time, but you could always go get another rare item. Duping is just a shortcut and it shows that you are not willing to work. If your item is lost in the FSOD, then tough... Go get another one, but don't dupe it. The majority of people are just lazy and duping is a great way out for them.

Sivar Cultist

I'd have to say that duping an item, even if it's a super rare one, would be cheating... By duping the item, you're taking the easy way out. Yeah sure you want to protect your investment of time, but you could always go get another rare item. Duping is just a shortcut and it shows that you are not willing to work. If your item is lost in the FSOD, then tough... Go get another one, but don't dupe it. The majority of people are just lazy and duping is a great way out for them.
    If you have already put in the time and work neccesary to find a specific rare which you subsequently wish to backup, then it doesn't make any sense to say that you are not willing to work. There's a difference between being lazy, and being unwilling to render hours of work, already accomplished, meaningless.

A slave for Naru...

On 2003-09-28 17:17, Rogue100 wrote:
    If you have already put in the time and work neccesary to find a specific rare which you subsequently wish to backup, then it doesn't make any sense to say that you are not willing to work. There's a difference between being lazy, and being unwilling to render hours of work, already accomplished, meaningless.
    You would be unwilling to work for another to replace it, hence you are lazy and take the easy way out which is to dupe it... If your kid gets shot and dies, are you gonna clone him? lol Sh*t happens, so make the best of it. Ya know?

You would be unwilling to work for another to replace it, hence you are lazy and take the easy way out which is to dupe it... If your kid gets shot and dies, are you gonna clone him? lol Sh*t happens, so make the best of it. Ya know?
    What? I think there's a difference between a person and an item in a video game.

Personally I don't see a problem with it. I'm not going to do it personally because I'm against duping, but if you want to protect your items against FSOD then go for it.

Some people say FSOD is part of the game. Well the dupe glitch is just as much a part of the game as FSOD is. They're both bugs that aren't supposed to happen.

But maybe 2 wrongs don't make a right. But heck, it's a video game. What's the big deal?

Like a Hobo on a Ham Sandwich

If you back up somthing you are duping. Congratulations! by backing up that Real Nei's Claw you have made the original copy a dupe as well resulting in no Legit Claw! My point is once you dupe an item the original isn't legit anymore. Two of the same item's exist!

the real question is, because its a game, does duplicating really matter?

On 2003-09-28 22:09, Reece wrote:
    If you back up somthing you are duping. Congratulations! by backing up that Real Nei's Claw you have made the original copy a dupe as well resulting in no Legit Claw! My point is once you dupe an item the original isn't legit anymore. Two of the same item's exist!
    No... One set of zeros and ones you chanced upon when accomplishing a goal in the game, one you made the game output by switching re-writable media.

If you're going to deny the "legit difference" between both items, then you contradict yourself. How can a duped item be inferior if it's of the same value as the original? Exactly, it can't. Because then you'd technically be a duper too, or the dupers would all be legits.