Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Like a Hobo on a Ham Sandwich

On 2003-09-27 13:27, Kuai wrote:
    PSO ep 3 will be on xbox but who cares really? this is the worst "mmorpg" game ever made (its not even a true mmorpg)
    Thats funny? you were just saying you wanted it on XBox. lol

On 2003-09-27 15:53, Reece wrote:
    On 2003-09-27 13:27, Kuai wrote:
    PSO ep 3 will be on xbox but who cares really? this is the worst "mmorpg" game ever made (its not even a true mmorpg)
    Thats funny? you were just saying you wanted it on XBox. lol
    oh really? i was just saying it was, not that i want it. i havent played pso since c9 came out on xbox. this game blows and im sure the card revolution will blow too

^ Lmao... then what the hell are you still doing here? See the banner at the top of the page?
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

All those sites got the news from that dutch Xbox site. There are no official announcements.

Battle Fiend

On 2003-09-27 17:41, LINX wrote:
    All those sites got the news from that dutch Xbox site. There are no official announcements.
    It is fool, it will be out for xbox.
    Gamertag: NoobBlenjar

It's not official until word comes straight out of Sonic Team about it. While I'd certainly like to see it, personally, I'm not holding my breath.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

It is fool, it will be out for xbox.
    OK, then. Give me a link that says it's OFFICIALLY announced for the Xbox.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LINX on 2003-09-28 07:36 ]</font>

I posted this in the other thread so I might as well post it in here:

There's a lot of mis-information in this thread.

First of all, don't believe everything you read. This site is pretty unreliable when it comes to rumors, being a vet at Gaming Age Forums I see rumors come and go every day, some from this site, almost always false.

Second of all, as of July PSO GC has sold 147,647 units, with 5,882 units that month in the US. PSO Xbox has sold 42,165 with 2,577 units that month. Kuai, you really have no room to get one other people's cases when you're very mis-informed. From a business stand point, making a PSO just for CG is a much better idea. Sure, in the US 150,000 to 200,000 units doesn't seem like that big of a difference. This is an online game though, user base is crucial. Resources to port = costs, and possibly in the long run it would be best not to port.

Xbox PSO did terrible, especially for a console so online friendly. The only people that have really bought it were former PSO vets. Sega didn't even publish the game, Microsoft did and delayed it so many times dispite the game being completed months before. You have to have an XBL account to even play offline. This traps you in a corner, and no wallet can save you from this type of commercial suicide with consumers.

Money isn't everything, especially when Sega wants to sell software to the consumers, not to companies. That's what Sega's business is. Money can only go so far, and we've learned that as Sega has pulled support from Xbox with quirky titles, with the exception of sports games.

The PSO III Hunter License is supposed to pull in more user for the GC version and get some back. It lets you play both PSO I/II and III. With over 350,000 units sold worldwide, PSO CG is a much better business decision. PSO CG has a strong base in the US and Japan. PSO Xbox has neither. You make the call, the facts are there, it's time to throw out the fanboyism and bias.

Until further notice, from SEGA, PSO III is exclusive to Gamecube

There's already a topic about this:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...26&forum=18&37

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."