Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Just to pay my respect to DC PSO.

Tonight I wandered into the old DC lobbies on PSOX; such a nostalgic feeling. I'll miss those days. Not much I can say now; feelings & memories speak for themselves.

(huggles Dreamcast & PSO v.1,2)

~~~~~PSO Forever~~~~~~

I never played PSODC... but I read several articles on it in different gaming magazines, and the context of what kind of game it was inspired me to get PSOGC, not knowing of the difference then.

But, I'm posting to say something about the cheating. All online games wherever you play, will have hackers, cheaters, whining 12 (even younger) year olds, etc. You can't get around it.

Furcadia has hackers who ping the server to go down.
    Runescape has multi-equips, max stats, (sounds like PSO) and dupes.
    Starcraft has hacks, helpers, etc.
    Diablo II has dupes, hacks, cheaters, etc.
    WC3 has hackers....

notice a pattern here? All the good online games have a bunch of people who can't play who cheat. And their excuse is "Oh after getting all the rares, level 200, I got bored and decided to hack."

And Kuai, to me, seems to be able to always PMS on something.

*bows his head in silent prayer for the PSODC*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SungKwon on 2003-10-03 08:45 ]</font>

On 2003-09-30 16:38, Kuai wrote:
    Dreamcast version sucked
    Newb, shut the **** up

Working on hacking my way to either the EU or JP servers ... shouldn`t be too hard.

*hacks hacks

Well well well, I guess it seems PSO DC has finally gone..

Man, its a shame. I remember the first time I loaded up PSO, November 2001, one month after I got my Dreamcast. I was astonished. I logged in, and was in heaven. Not playing many online games until PSO, (being mainly a console gamer) I just picked up my controller and leveled a bit. First time I seen forest, WOW! Hell, even the lobby the first time I seen it was astonishing.

Then I got Version 2 once month after Version 1 (Dec, 2001) and thats when my PSO legacy started. I had met a load of cool people by that time, I was about Level 40. I remember going online and seeing the christmas decorations. It was just...

Well, thats my story of PSO DC. I cant say I ever truly quit PSO DC, hell, I still played it even after getting Episode I&II. I guess unless a private server is made, I really am done with PSO DC forever.

R.I.P
    Phantasy Star Online Version 1 & Version 2
    2000-2003
    May the memories, and the legacy that was started, live on forever!

despite better judgement...

for those wanting to know what looks like to try to connect with US disc.

if you happened to be in JP setting.

yes, zimmk2vgc, celebrate. celebrate for some few with US disc in EU, if they still wanted to try to play.

this one has no lost feelings toward oberon. it is sad it was last thread keeping US discs attached to other servers. if it were not oberon, it would be another...

It's a shame that it finally had to come to this, the US DC servers going flatline as of 10/1/03. And I'm well aware that many people on here experienced PSO when the hackers/dupers/cheaters started to come on in full force. It wasn't always that bad though. I had signed on maybe 2 weeks after the US launch date, and there were no problems at all for a good few months before all the problems started
    I'd like to take this moment to personally thank all of the hackers/dupers/cheaters for consigning the DC servers to the bloody deep. Had to prove how bad-azz you were eh? Thanks, fellas, now you ruined it for all of us (go ahead and chalk this us as a whiney post if you wish, but we all know ST would have kept the servers running had people not gotten sick of the nonsense and moved on to greener fields)

On 2003-10-03 22:32, ahriakan wrote:
    It's a shame that it finally had to come to this, the US DC servers going flatline as of 10/1/03. And I'm well aware that many people on here experienced PSO when the hackers/dupers/cheaters started to come on in full force. It wasn't always that bad though. I had signed on maybe 2 weeks after the US launch date, and there were no problems at all for a good few months before all the problems started
    I'd like to take this moment to personally thank all of the hackers/dupers/cheaters for consigning the DC servers to the bloody deep. Had to prove how bad-azz you were eh? Thanks, fellas, now you ruined it for all of us (go ahead and chalk this us as a whiney post if you wish, but we all know ST would have kept the servers running had people not gotten sick of the nonsense and moved on to greener fields)
    word
    I bet ST never tried banning very many people. It was sad to know most people were afraid of going online with their favorite character.

"bury deep stasis sword!" payin my respects to PSODC... started the legacy for a great game with crappy security, but hey! its still addicting!!! may PSO LIVE ON FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

but it is about time the dam game was shutdown...

Pso was the first online game I ever played. I remember how much trouble it was to get online with version 2. But when the time came, (after 8 calls to SEGA..) and I finally got online, I was ecstatic. Just to be able to play such a great game with people all over the world, and finally beating Dark Falz in ultimate and hearing the ending song with the words displayed, "You are the hero!" on the top of the screen..Finding weapons you never even knew about and the dreaded challenge mode; fun, yet still angering when one player died and you had to start the whole challenge over again. Encountering my first hacked weapons, and eventually dropping all of them and quitting, staying legit.It was amazing. May the Dreamcast live on in our memories forever.