Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    eBiL eMuChOw

If any DC'ers wish to get their stuff back to convert to GC, speak with me and I'll see what I can do.

It is sad indeed but sometimes change can be a good thing. At least the are no player killers anfd the like on the newer versions on xbox and Gc.

Nicely done Reenee.

I meant to go online the last day...
    I couldn't. Not because of how sick I was, or anything like that, but because of al the memories from the game I had.

I'm glad with my decision. For some reason, it was hard to let go.

FSOD and BSOD Killer

I'm kinda glad that its finaly over this way all the freinds I had on the DC versions will finaly have to move onto either the GC or XB versions. It was fun while it lasted but I think the newer versions are better having one character per VMU was horible I must had like 10 characters and all on VMUs not the 4x cards but VMUs so it was hard to tell which was which. I like the newer versions better anyway the after using the DC controler for so long when I finaly moved to the GC version it was so much better the lack of keyboard in the begining was a drag but when I finaly got one I was so happy the one from the Japan is the better one and if you know where to get its not very expensive. Not to mention that its realy convinent haveing all both versions on the same disc and the graphics are much better at least I think so some people disagree with me but I used the VGA cable from the begining on the DC version so it was hi-res but so are the new systems with the right cables. I have played the XB version and its better because of the voice comunicator but there are some real jerks on the XB version that like to scream at you and other nasty things just because they can. Over all both versions are great and well worth the $$ especialy if you were addicted to the DC version.

Former PSOW 0ld sk00ler

*Sigh*

my life in PSO is now officially over..

I have no plans to get another version, nor do i have any other...

Eh, that was not nice. Actually the GC version is better if you take out all of the dupes. But it's more then that.

You have to respect DC, because it started everything. The memories on it. It's where it all began. Our game that we love so much, first started out there, in the Forest, with the biggest Dragon you have ever seen, getting whooped by it because you didn't know how to use your combos. The memories would be the reason most of us want to go back there, because the good memories far exceeds the want to play a newer version. Wanting to go back and relive the times you had on it...being bored and just watching the Phantasy Star Online logo move around on your VMU. Good times. R.I.P DC Phantasy Star Online.

About the server I hear that someone made for the DC. I think it's cool, but for me, I want to move on.

Uh..>> My HUnewearl is cuter.

On 2003-10-01 18:46, Android8968 wrote:
    The DC was gaming history, it was the first home console to go online. PSO was the best. Yea cheating may have screwed it up but you guys never looked at the good side. Many people were decent, they just wanted to play the right way. The DC brought back good memories, the first booma i killed, from when I got to level 200. How can you not foget about it? I think the people who said the DC sucked were people who said that based on what they have heard. You guys are complete f*** @$$ h01#$.
    Actually, I think Genesis was the first console to have online capabilities.

Rappy Hunter

yea but it didnt have online games, it just let you surf the internet and use email.

Grand High Minister of Irrationality

Though PSO's DC roots have been conviently discarded, they need not be forgotten. The fact that the lot of us can reminisce about the DC days is a testimony to PSO's longevity as a game...and our complete and utter addiction to it.

Yes, while Freylise, Deckard, Lykka, and Cybill (versions 1.0-2.0) are now relegated to strictly offline play whenever the mood strikes me to futz with that oversized controller, they can live on in "newer," more "forward-compatable" versions. They haven't changed - only the hardware has.

Even when ep.3 is released, wether or not character data will be transferrable (I haven't bothered to find out as of yet), we can always recreate them in the new medium with the same name, same looks, etc. that made playing them so damn addictive in the first place.

But enough of my waxing poetical grabage - I've got a Soul Banish w/ hit% to find, and I'm wasting valuable hunting time...

Long live Freylise/Deckard/Lykka/Cybill v.3...er, 4...er, 5! CURSE YOU, VEGA!!!

Andvaranaut: we can always recreate them in the new medium with the same name, same looks, etc. that made playing them so damn addictive in the first place.
    I have had my character Andrew since day 1 on DC. ^_^ He has always looked the exact same since then, even today on GC he does. And I am gonna be making him on Ep. 3 when it comes out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WootHinkInc on 2003-10-07 20:07 ]</font>