View Poll Results: How do you feel about the creation of a 3rd party PSO server outside of Sega? Should this be done?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 88.17%
  • No

5 5.38%
  • Don't care

6 6.45%
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Well this is a suprize. You people really want to hold on to PSODC huh? As much I want to FORGET the monstrosity of memories I've had from that game, I can't help but admire you peoples devotion to that version.

Hey, hell go for it *votes*. Get yourselves on that private server. I'm sure Sonic Team wont say anything either(or even sue), as they allowed the version itself to stay alive on thier servers for the length of time that it was.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

well, I'll agree that it was cracked, heck I saw millenium a few times, and it was funny when I saw people try to talk to her,not to mention I saw when she reported something once, and from what I saw the user got disconnected or something, because after reporting it, the game that she mentioned suddenly disappeared from the list of games to join, twas quite interesting indeed, also if you recall barubary mentioned that her server is compatible with every version of pso right now, excluding xbox pso

Rappy Hunter

Anyway back on topic.
    And Is it possible to bring millenium to the GC and Xbox? That would be great!

On 2003-10-10 13:20, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
    Here is widely-witnessed evidence that the encryption has been cracked, and the protocols documented.
    I remember this. I also remember:

1. Only one person "knows" about the bot and it's maker. That person.. is responsible for this multi-page thread too!

2. According to them, it only knows Japanese. How convenient. So even if you saw a "L200 black RAcaseal sitting in the lobby" you can't make it do anything unless you know the specific JAPANESE commands.

3. Evidence of the "bot" actually doing anything is very suspect and vague. I'm sure since it could join multiple lobbies at once, someone must have various screenshots of it performing it's tasks. Where are those shots? Maybe I missed them.

Again, something only one person really knows anything about.

Let the server commence... Man i really didnt notice how much i would miss pso dc untill I actually cant play online anymore... Ahh those memories...

On 2003-10-11 16:52, Android8968 wrote:
    Anyway back on topic.
    And Is it possible to bring millenium to the GC and Xbox? That would be great!
    If that were the case, barubary6 would have a lawsuit on her hands. SEGA and Sonic Team are still making money from both systems. Dreamcast is good enough.

On 2003-10-11 21:59, SuperSubZero wrote:

I remember this. I also remember:

1. Only one person "knows" about the bot and it's maker. That person.. is responsible for this multi-page thread too!

2. According to them, it only knows Japanese. How convenient. So even if you saw a "L200 black RAcaseal sitting in the lobby" you can't make it do anything unless you know the specific JAPANESE commands.

3. Evidence of the "bot" actually doing anything is very suspect and vague. I'm sure since it could join multiple lobbies at once, someone must have various screenshots of it performing it's tasks. Where are those shots? Maybe I missed them.

Again, something only one person really knows anything about.
    The specific abilities of the bot are beside the point. The point is that A.) Someone has been able to run a program using Sonic Team's encryption and protocols, and B.) A great number of people have witnessed this program in action.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Lets see tis server go up I really miss Ver.1 and .2 (mostly 1) but I still think it would be awesome.

Millennium I seen that thing before it was just a Promotion Millennium G200 was a computer componet.

On 2003-10-12 11:28, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
    B.) A great number of people have witnessed this program in action.
    A great number of people have seen UFO's too.

I have witnessed santa in my youngen days... but they the pillows came out and it was only grandpa... umm well its like only 4 or 6 people who dont belive that this server is going to go threw...and the rest do. Pretty good more then i would imagian