Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been playing offline for awhile now and started playing online a weeks ago. In light of the Nei's scandal I wonder if anyone knows if it's possible to tell if a item has been duped?

Memphis
    HUmar
    LV 77
    BLUEFULL

On 2003-10-08 00:26, Typhoon wrote:
    I've been playing offline for awhile now and started playing online a weeks ago. In light of the Nei's scandal I wonder if anyone knows if it's possible to tell if a item has been duped?

Memphis
    HUmar
    LV 77
    BLUEFULL

um, only if its a weapon that has major percentages, like 100 on 3 different things, other than that it can be hard, especially if its just crappy rares, like varistas

There is no surefire way to tell an item is duped or legit. It takes a bit of faith and a lot of common sense. If someone is trading you a valuable item with some rediculous stats, it's a pretty good chance that item is duped and/or modded (especially if they want little or nothing in exchange). Most people wouldn't part with an item of great value unless they're getting an even more valuable item or combination of items in exchange. Just basically use common sense.

well, also maybe not something thats got major stats, but something that multiples of the item with certain percentages have been seen, like the lavis weapons with 20%, I don't think that they have a list here, but over at another forum that I visit, we have a list compiled by about 3 or 4 people of things that are considered known dupes (I'm one of those people who have helped add to the list also), but if you know what percentages are common for dupes, you can get an idea of what to look out for, go here to see the list that we've compiled so far http://pub156.ezboard.com/fpsoallian...picID=93.topic

edit: it is quite a large list though

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CrimsonII2 on 2003-10-08 02:57 ]</font>

Snow Queen King & a Veritable Buffet of Manliness

if u want to avoid dupes only trade with friends apart from that just look out for ridiculous percentages.

if it is a TJS

The Lone Ranger

If ST or MS have the time to create a patch saying that players that have already have those items must dispose of them in order to continue playing online, I would be happy. But alas, it might trigger a big subscriber loss from the game. But this will bring more legit gamers to the game.

On 2003-10-09 16:12, Jkid wrote:
    If ST or MS have the time to create a patch saying that players that have already have those items must dispose of them in order to continue playing online, I would be happy. But alas, it might trigger a big subscriber loss from the game. But this will bring more legit gamers to the game.
    Not everyone wnats to play legit. The sooner that realization sinks into your skull the sooner you can move on with your life.

Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Ummmm....why do people care soooo much how others play, play in locked games with friends if it bothers so much. Plus it might not be fair to the people who traded for the items not knowing that they are duped.

Co-Founder of {JSS}

On 2003-10-09 18:16, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:
    Ummmm....why do people care soooo much how others play, play in locked games with friends if it bothers so much. Plus it might not be fair to the people who traded for the items not knowing that they are duped.
    OMG!! THANK YOU..these so-called "legits" make me sick. I get hell for a double cannon but i see the same people that dish it out, using the same things i have..down to the same %'s.