Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm gonna make this rant short.

I changed my playing style with my FO, from spell casting/tping for 10 TRIFLUIDS to, spell casting to using my 25% Soul Raygun, with 3 God Arms(purplenum finds, thanks Sil!), and an elf arm, thus maxing ATA at 267([color=yellow]186[/color]) still RARELY steals. So this FOmarl, by the name of Lashings, I'm sure some of you may know her. Gave me this Mind Slicer with 50%. So now it's 274(186). Still miss miss miss miss miss.

Really, I'm getting tired of piping for fliuds all the time. Cause if I'm NOT careful, I could spend anywhere between 90 to 120k on fluids, almost consecutivily. Unless I'm with players that kill REALLY fast, thus cutting down on my casting amounts.

Is this some FOnewearl curse or what? Or maybe it's just badluck. Heh.

And to FOmarl users, having 186 ata is nice an all but we have no ATP compared to you, so it's only useful for stealing. Whats the point in even having it when you still don't steal. The way I see it, FOmarls should have 186.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-12 01:57 ]</font>
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

If trifluids are too expensive, you can pipe up to P2 (for 10 TP) and go to the medical center and fully restore your HP and TP for 10 meseta.
    Yes, it's a time killer and annoying, but hey! it works.

Or, you can just get a common Double Saber. Yes, the basic green one. It steals TP and is equippable by all classes.

Edit: P.S. the color BBConde doesn't work here *note* [color=yellow]186[/yelloy]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2003-10-12 03:14 ]</font>

It would be MUCH too time consuming for me. IT doesn't take long to empty my TP bar after just refilling. Usually about 4 minutes after. It's that short cause I *really* bust my ass to support. In a game with 3 low levels(ult), I must have bought like 35 trifliuds!!

I've tried meleeing, with minor support(just SD/JZ/anti/resta. No attack techs). But the damage I do is pathetic!(548ATP)(Thank you ST. )

And...maybe I do need a double saber.(gonna use sexy sil to go find one...somehow)

Anyhow, this made me really mad. $$ So I'm gonna use another character for now, til I feel like going at it with my fo again.

P.S ._.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-12 03:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-12 03:26 ]</font>
    ~Past Characters~

On the bright side, 186 ATA is enough to recobox

EGA Warrior
    In the loney shadows of Oakhurst, California.

Heh.. I know Lashings. I'm supposed to be tracking down a copy of Wizardry VII: Crusaders of the Dark Savant for her.. but I've been unsuccessful lately. It's one of the few games that have plauged me to find since I got into the ABware scene - and I think I bit off more than I could chew this time.

Anyhow - I don't see a problem with FOnewearl ATA. They actually have the highest max ATA for FO's in the game, so that's something to be commended for. I've recently maxed out my FOnewearl's ATA with the help of her mag and a few units, and I find I don't miss all that often. Then again, I almost NEVER use special attacks. That slot is much better served with RAbarta to freeze enemies which are closing in on me.

Fluid consumption has always been a problem with FO's, but expecially FOnewearl and FOnewmn as they don't have strong melee skills to back them up. I've melee'd with my FOnewearl for a long time - and since I cheated with her on the Dreamcast versions (always within game boundries though) I knew exactly how to raise her effeciently in Ep I & II. There are ways to overcome her ATP shortcommings - such as multi-hit weapons, %'s on weps, and maxing your LUCK.

My weapon of choice is the P-arm blades - and with S/D my ATP hovers at about 1,200. Then toss in bonuses for %'s I've put on it and Jellen/Zelure and she can actually melee quite well. Maxed ATA ensures that most all Normal/Heavy/Heavy combos strike reliably. Her normal damage output in a combo looks something like (192,280/450,550/524,480. That's with six strikes per combo on her daggers. Around 2,500 total damage per combo.)

That kind of damage is sufficent to take down just about anything offline. Online, you have HU's and RA's to back you up - so just take care of them as a support character and add in any damage you can to help them out when you have time.

In an average game - I go through only 10 Trifluids from Forest to Vol-Opt. Ruins takes about 4 Trifluids.. and 2 additional Tri's for Dark Falz.

Descendent of Darkness

my FOnewearl has no problem with fluids..thanks to megid

Megid will forever be the spell that I WILL avoid until I get alteast lv26. I have 24, and it's no help in seabed...(it barely kills). Jeez, anything that is required to actually HIT has no guarantee to me it seems. Anyhow, after learning a few stuff from Sinue(thanks!) I have four ways I can use my fo effectivly now(with the added incentive that my mahu is actually stealing on almost every hit O_O).

~Past Characters~

Dude. You think it's bad not being able to TP steal with a -FOnewearl-. Ever try to melee with a FOmar in Ult? You've got boatloads of ATP because, well, that's what you -do-, you've got your high-level S/D/J/Z, you've got your max-grinded Red Saber and your Double Saber and your 30% Hit Charge Gatlings and your 20% Hit Bravace... And you have the worst ATA in the game.
    Well. No. FOnewm's base ATA growth is actually -worse- than the FOmar's, but still. 163 max ATA? For what's intended to be a mixed spell-caster/melee fighter? WTF was ST thinking? -Were- they thinking? At least I have that 50% Hit Charge Repeater I bought last night...(Yeah, it's a Repeater. So? It's the same as a 44% Hit Charge Vulcan, so it's still pretty damned good)

It pisses me off that ST wastes all that ATA on the FOnewearl, who will never be a truly effective melee fighter(Even at L86, with L24 Shifta, 5/145/50/0 Rati and a max-grinded Red Saber, my FOmar's ATP approached my L112 -HUmar's-. When said HUmar has a Lavis Cannon equipped), and then gives the FOs intended to be mixed shit ATA. FOmarl? 170. Sad. FOmar? 163. Disgusting. >_< They should switch the Humans' and Newmans' ATA. -_- FOmarl should have 186, FOmar should have 180, FOnewearl should have 170, FOnewm should have 163. -_-;

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

They should switch the Humans' and Newmans' ATA. -_- FOmarl should have 186, FOmar should have 180, FOnewearl should have 170, FOnewm should have 163. -_-;
    Damn straight, about time someone said that.

SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

On 2003-10-12 14:29, Uncle_bob wrote:
    They should switch the Humans' and Newmans' ATA. -_- FOmarl should have 186, FOmar should have 180, FOnewearl should have 170, FOnewm should have 163. -_-;
    Damn straight, about time someone said that.
    Yeah. ST decided to balance out HP/DFP and ATP/ATA between all the classes, but it's so pointless. The newman FOs aren't meant for meleeing, so they won't need as much ATA as the human FOs that are intended for melee. Then we got the RAs, with the higher HP or EVP to make up for their lack of DFP, but why would they need it? They're supposed to be shooting things down with guns from a distance, where they won't need such high stats in those areas.