Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast

Well, I promised a lot of readers from my debut fic (The 6 Ghosts) that I would keep up my writing. I took quite a break from it and I've decided to start up a new fic once I get everything set how I want to.

Cheers fellow fan-works...ers!

EDIT:

I decided to make an INDEX so you don't have to dig through all the pages to find the writing material (useful for new readers).

This is only useful if you have your account set to the default 15 posts per page...otherwise I'll just screw you up even more!

Mitigate

Prologue___Page 3

Chapter 1: The Coffin and the Cure___Page 3

Chapter 2: Finite___Page 4

Chapter 3: Ill____Page 6

Chapter 4: Cold Blooded_____Page 7

Chapter 5: Wait and Fate_____Page 9

Chapter 6: Backs of Mirrors______Page 9

Chapter 7: "Neat"______Page 10

Chapter 8: Bloodbase_____Page 11

Chapter 9: Seeing Ghosts____Page 12

Chapter 10: Saving Death_____Page 14

Chapter 11: Erased_____Page 16

Chapter 12: Lost Fairytale_____Page 17

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AUTO_ on 2004-02-16 00:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AUTO_ on 2005-06-23 17:43 ]</font>

I need to go back and finish reading your 6 Ghosts fic. What I read was rather good, but you know how it works-- if you're working on a full-length fanfic (we're talking publishable, book-sized), then you'll inevitably neglect your reading. Actually, I'd probably be benefitted to print it out.

In any case, a few tips to consider for introducing characters in several fics, then coming in for a grand finale fic--
    Keep the grand finale in mind from early on. Foreshadowing is the best method to keep a continuity on track, and when the reader comes across a vague mention of something, then finally encounters the whole thing, it'll really give them something to remember.

One fun form of foreshadowing is to give the results of an event that happened before your characters got there, and explain the event in detail later on. Or have something occur in passing. One example of this in my own fics, would be when Meira mentioned a FOnewmn by the cafe, who got run into by another FOnewmn. This event then occured in the first chapter of Crankshaft.

So, yeah, think ahead. If you know what your villain is doing in the background, then you'll know what your protagonists are going to find when they get there.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Creator Of Worlds

Ok, you piqued my curiosity, so if i have time this weekend I'll read your stories in the name of "research".

Thanks for the tips M.

I would say this differs a lot from T6G because I basically have all of the chapters planned out--with The 6 Ghosts it was kind of a flying-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of deal.

Even though this isn't a direct sequel/prequel to T6G, I am throwing in many references that relate to T6G...you'll see

Creator Of Worlds

[snip]
    PS I think you should be careful PMing people and asking them to read your story, even if it is sincere.
    There is potential for misunderstanding (like the massive argument me and Auto_ had ).

All of us have to deal with the constant danger that people just choose not to read our works. Its a fact of life, remember you don't want to alienate potential readers.
    [/snip]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mr_rubbish on 2003-10-17 15:27 ]</font>

[paste]
    PS I think you should be careful PMing people and asking them to read your story, even if it is sincere.
    There is potential for misunderstanding (like the massive argument me and Auto_ had ).

All of us have to deal with the constant danger that people just choose not to read our works. Its a fact of life, remember you don't want to alienate potential readers.
    [/paste]
    Exactly, kids. And remember, if you see candy wrapped in suspicous wrappers, call the police or just say, "No".

With mr_rubbishes' and my brain combined, we can bring you important lessons everyday!

Note: I want nobody to feel obligated to read my story, if I PM you and say "hey check this out if you got the time"...run away. I'm simply leading you down a dark alley with no exits. You've been warned.

This post brought to you by Rubbish & Auto_ INC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AUTO_ on 2003-10-17 15:49 ]</font>

Heh... My brother-in-laws' roommate and their brother got them to start reading my Recollection fics. Now they're constantly quoting Crankshaft. With this latest chapter, I fear I may be in for a weekend of, "Yay! I can hurt myself!"

On 2003-10-17 11:49, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

Heh... My brother-in-laws' roommate and their brother got them to start reading my Recollection fics. Now they're constantly quoting Crankshaft. With this latest chapter, I fear I may be in for a weekend of, "Yay! I can hurt myself!"
    LOL...

Crankshaft was a very goofy character O_O

Crankshaft is teh wtf, quite frankly.

Oh BTW...

If any of you have characters you want added in the fic, just list some general info about them here.

If I ever come across a spot in the fic where I need to fill in a character I'll use the names/characters of whoever puts them (character bank to big of a hassle).

Thanks, MmMMmkk