Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Using Claw weapons in a combo efficiently (HUnewearl).

Players mostly do not like to use Claw weapons because they cannot seem to finish a combo with them (they will attack twice, then get smacked by an enemy making them very frustrated).

The reason this happens is that most players do not have the correct timing for attack with a claw weapon.
    Since most Hunters online use God/Battle, the Claw combo will attack too fast.

When an enemy is attacked, it becomes momentarily stunned. If you attack while it is stunned, it will not be stunned again, and inevitably hit you right after the second hit.

What you need to do is perfect your timing, so that you will attack for the second time just as the first stun is ending.

Attack 1 : Any attack, just make sure you don't miss.
    Attack 2 : Wait until the very very end of the first attack animation, then use a Hard attack to stun the enemy and push him slighty back to buy you a few more fractions of a second.
    Attack 3 : If you have timed it correctly you will have enough time to perform one last Hard attack. Execute this attack immediately after the second attack.

This information is based off of the HUnewearl's attack animation with a Claw, and can be applied mostly to Booma type enemies (Merlans/Pal Sharks/Vulmers/etc).

Hmm, I need to try some of that. I can easily use a Claw weapon on the enemies of the Ult Forest with my FOmarl (who has the same animation of a HUnewearl) and a Devil/Battle, but I haven't been able to get them to work well with the enemies in Ult Caves (I haven't really tried anywhere else yet).

This applies to all melee weapon types, and is required to use Claw-type weapons effectively:

Don't attack enemies head-on, that's just stupid unless you have good timing and can do the two-inch dodge with your current weapon type. If the final attack on your combo is slow, and you know you can pull it off on the target, don't try it; with Claws, you'll be doing two-attack combos while in front of an enemy, so as to give you time to dodge its attack instead of getting smacked by it in the middle of your third attack, and from the sides ro behind, a full combo.

Also, don't even think about playing offensively, as keeping alive always takes precedence. Learn to avoide enemy attacks, do the two-inch dodge, and plan out your attacks efficiently. Playing defensively is the key to defeating enemies in any case, so you might as well start practicing.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

On 2003-10-18 23:43, Kent wrote:
    Playing defensively is the key to defeating enemies in any case, so you might as well start practicing.
    Unless you know Resta

Claws seem nice weopons with good Atp but never really been a fan. The best way to fight close up with a Rifle though is to hit twice step back an inch and watch the Booma swipe air before firing twice again. Heres 2 more easy tips

Tip 1: When confused a Pan Arm cannot split

Tip 2: Slimes will always split on the 3rd hit of a combo.

KENT!!! Nice speech! *applaud* not kidding....
    WOW... God battle is mostly useful for MAny hit weps like the double saber... Furthermore, In a boss fight, the boss does not get stunned. With a god/battle in a boss fight, combined with a dagger or double-saber or sword, you will be able to do a much greater amount of damage to the boss, thus avoiding early damage, and mainly only taking damage from the bosses so called unavoidable attacks,
    Ie: most of falz's attacks.
    .the heaven spear.
    .rafoie
    .rabarta
    .grants
    .ect.
    Having more quickly moved the boss to its desperate stage, it had less time to damage you, thus saving you most of your monomates for when things get really tough.

On a similar note: A God/BAttle is EXTREMELY useful in Gallon's Treachery combined with a Mechagun
    in the "Lava Hot Room". You can pull off 9 hits to a rock in a matter of moments, thus the fire wall is much further than without a god/battle.

Reference to the slime splitting:
    version 1(not mine): If you ever find a ??? weapon, keep it. You might want to keep it unktekked because the extra hit always misses. So, if you want to spit a slime, use a ??? weapon with the attack pattern of: Xtra, Xtra, normal.

Version 2(my way): I have discovered that if you press R in the course of an attack, if timed right, you will continue your attack without hitting anything. How can you tell if you timed it correctly?

guns: you shot, no bullet was fired
    Other: the photon buzz will not be heard.

so to split split a slime with this trick takes some experience.
    here is the combo:

hard*,R,hard*,R,normal

*the hard hit gives you more time to press R

About the pan arms, sadly, I have not looked into it yet, try J/Z perhaps?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerris on 2003-10-19 09:27 ]</font>

*update*
    I figured out about the pan arms!
    Leave the room, wait, come back.

On 2003-10-19 05:01, Armok wrote:
    Tip 1: When confused a Pan Arm cannot split
    I need to try that. I know they also won't split if they're paralyzed.

On 2003-10-19 09:32, Cerris wrote:
    Then watch them split again the instant you enter the room again. I did that with my Skyly to get a P-Arm's Blade, so I know how they are.

On 2003-10-19 12:22, Sounomi wrote:
    On 2003-10-19 09:32, Cerris wrote:
    Then watch them split again the instant you enter the room again. I did that with my Skyly to get a P-Arm's Blade, so I know how they are.
    All you can do to have a PanArms rejoin and stay that way is stay in range of their "vision" (where they will try to attack you) and keep running around until they merge.

just for the text books, these were my first actully useful posts, would you mind giving me some, feedback?
    (aka critizm)