Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

What are some of your Favorite moments in gaming, where you just felt great, like you actually did something important?

Mine? One of them is Killing Piastol on Skies of Arcadia: Legends after being killed 23 times in a row.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

My first time playing Halo multiplayer with my nephew. We were in an ice/snow area, I nabbed the rocket launcher and a pistol and he immediately went for the warthog. I was across a frozen pond and as he tore after me, hit the ice and jack-knifed. As he was careening towards me, I flipped from popping shots at him with the pistol to the rocket launcher, aimed at where he was sliding and let off a rocket. The warthog immediately shot into the air, proceeded to fly over my characters left shoulder, and come to a crashing halt.

Was it an amazing accomplishment? No. It was just hellishly cool to have it happen in one of my first experiences in-game.

Something that I do remember though, is playing TMNT:Turtles in Time for the SNES when I was much younger, when it was just released. I had gone from the very beginning, and to the end, all by myself, and was fighting the very last boss. It was a school night, and my brother was trying to goto sleep, and just as I was about to kill the last boss, my brother shut off the system. I was greatly upset, BUT I realised that I could do it, even if I did'nt get the chance to.
    Look, he did it again.

One of mine has to be when PSO first came out on the GC.

Me and my (Now Ex) work Colleagues would frequently after work, go round one of our houses and have these huge multiplayer Fests of say Halo or whatever was big at the time.
    I'm personally not that great (but not that bad either) at say your average FPS (RPG's are my thing) So I was Cannon Fodder to them. And would constantly be given grief and was never seen as a real challenge.
    (Although of late I now kick ass with the best of them. But this is 'then' not now)

When PSO finally came out on the GC (I'd owned the DC version Prior) I managed to talk the rest of them into buying it.
    Oh how the tables had turned. I was now the King of a game they all loved and adored. It was kind of self satisfying listening to them ask for any spare rares and help they needed. But try as they may, they could never surpass me.

Sadly they don't play it any more (well not much) but it was nice while it lasted.

Other great personal game moments would be Playing FF7, Goldeneye, Donkey Kong Country and Mario Bros. (Nes) for the first time ever.
    Completing Sonic The Hedgehog
    (I think it was the first game I ever actually got round to completing.)
    and my personal fave is when my Uncle gave me his old Commodore 64 with a whole bundle of games.
    I miss the days of waiting an hour for Street fighter to load the character selection Screen to then wait another hour for it too load the fight. (Unless it crashed which was far too common.)
    Aaaah good times, good times...

Greatest moment??? hmmm... I have a vast number of those with fighting games and shooting games, but the BEST one has to be with Perfect Dark.... I kept killing all my cousins, so they teamed up against me, and all of a sudden, I'm behind everyone (60 minute game)... I grabbed my K7-Avenger and annihilated them all and won 25-30 kills ahead from second place player... Then they tried a 3 against 2 (I was with a Hard Bot) game afterward with kill count at 50... I won again.... hehehe... I didn't get all the kills, but I did get 38....

Beating the 10th best Quake player in the U.S. on a 56k while the dude hosted the server with broadband. Glorious.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2003-10-21 21:22 ]</font>

John 3:16

Beating Mother Brain on original Metroid.

Metroids (the actually monsters) used to f'ing piss me off!
    Speaking off Metroid, I used to waste my time seeing how high my character could go using bombs to blow me up.

The best gaming moment (I can remember) was the AWESOME GRAPHICS of Lylat Wars (Star fox 64) when your just going over the water and the other characters talking to you IN VOICE, it was like the coolest thing I had ever seen, plus I was a major fan of the Snes starwing (star fox).

Mine was when I beat Descent Freespace. I did it in the nick of time, just seconds before the mother ship was scheduled to blow up the earth. And thus...

*SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111*

I see the cutscene of the mother ship hopping out of hyperspace. I'm going "Ah crap!" And then all of a sudden, the opening collapses and the ship gets torn to pieces! W00T!!!
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Halo, Sidewinder level (ice level). One of my friends was camped out on a low ledge with a gun while I was blazing around in the warthog. He was laughing at me, just shooting at me. He was like, "Come and get me!" So I said ok and disappeared behind a rock. He lost sight of me but finally I caught his eye as a slammed headfirst into the ledge at full speed, which hopped up over it and landing right on him. Afterwards, he respawned and was "Lets try this again!" He went back to the original spot while I drove around having fun. I decided to try to fit my warthog into one of those concrete tunnels, having no idea where it went. He sat there and was like "Come on! Lets see what you....OH GOD!" as my warthog launched from the ledge above him and my left back tire barely missed his head.

Then there was the time in the level where you get up to three warthogs on that island. We managed to get two of them into the underground base that the Covenent locked down that you needed to open. We just drove through the incredibly tight spaces, mowing down Covenent even though our warthogs couldn't have possibly fighted through those tunnels (90% of the time the warthog was driving at a 45 degree angle)

So..we kept going, then finally one warthog got stuck in a door. I mean, the tires were too wide, but the front ones somehow made it through but the back ones wouldn't so it was STUCK! I decided to use my warthog and try to go another way, getting it stuck in the other door. Thus...we were trapped in that room, neither warthog willing to budge.

I Dream Of Sleep

One of my Favourite Game moments has to be completeing Sonic Adventure for the first time on the DC. I had waited over a year to play the game, and when i finally managed to thrash Perfect Chaos it was one of the best things i had ever done. The music, the setting, everything was perfect for the final boss fight. Ah, memories.