Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X

I'll probably get moaned at because it's not PSO, but since a lot of PSO players are also probably rpg fans I think this is worth posting.

Daily Radar has just released a load of movies on their site from the demo version of Final Fantasy X at the Tokyo Game Show (most of them are actual gameplay, not cutscenes). I downloaded all of them. After watching the first one my hands were shaking. After sitting through all of them I could hardly speak for a couple of minutes. Ok, they're only rolling movies of the game so it's difficult to tell exactly how good it will be, but from what I've seen, the word 'stunning' doesn't even come close.

Since I couldn't find an equivalent page on the US site, here is the link to dailyradar.co.uk:

http://www.dailyradar.co.uk/news/game_news_1963.html

S.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Sisqua on 2001-04-03 08:05 ]</font>

Unfortunately, Square have forgotten to add anything new to the FF games since FFVII. After the "Damn random battles are tedious"-ness of FFIX, things are getting a little stretched, in my opinion.

Oh yes, Square seem to have run out of ideas quite badly...for example compare the following two pictures:

Hello Squall!

and...

No! Hello Squall!

I can hear the cogs ticking.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: MaximumBeef on 2001-04-03 08:24 ]</font>

I agree to a point. FFVIII and FFIX have both been a disappointment after FFVII was such a great PSX game (you only have to see the number of characters called Sephiroth on PSO to see how people still hold it in such regard).

I think we all have our fingers crossed that FFX is going to be something of a quantum leap forward though.

S.

I agree completely! Hopefully the ycan resurrect it

If not they deserve a kick in the nuts.

Does look nice though.

*cough* off-topic forum?

I've been one to complain about some of the new ideas in the FF series. For example, I really disliked the Draw system in FF8 but eventually figured it out and I really enjoyed it. Same thing from the change from Magicite in FF6(3) to the Materia system. I also couldn't stand the way the new characters were draw for FF9 (I still think that Amano is a bad artist, but that's me), but grew to like them. However, overall 9 was a disappointment to me.
    So basicaly I try not to judge anymore. I'm sure they'll come though with a good game.
    The reason they look the same is because Tetsuya Nomura designed the characters this round. He did FF8's characters, and yes they look very recycled. Tidus = Squall+Zell, Yuna = Rinoa + Selphie.

WOW. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH SQUARES FF8 & 9.
    I HATED THE DRAW SYSTEM AND 9 WAS JUST TOO CUTE FOR ME.
    I REALLY LIKED THE EDGEY-NESS OF 7 AND 8'S
    CHARACTERS AND STORY.
    THE TRUTH IS, I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED THAT I NEVER BEAT 8 & 9...
    THEY FAILED TO KEEP ME INVOLVED IN THE STORY THE WAY 7 DID.
    ALL IN ALL I SAY FF7 WAS THE GREATEST
    "FINAL FANTASY"GAME EVER.

FFX looks poor, very, very poor. Take a look at Shenmue2... Hell, even shenmue I is twice as good graphics wise. PS2 is pretty lame, they can't even tap into it's power because it's too hard to program for. I'll take good old dreamcast over it any day...

Obviously not finshing the games gives you no right to judge the game having finished it. You haven't seen/heard the real story line have you then? You can't tell me you can have a movie without an ending?
    I am a die hard fan of FF series, right back from no. 1.
    Each game has changed, in it's own right.
    And why would you change the random battle thing? It'd be a straight line to the end if it wasn't. You might aswell throw leveling out if you did that.
    If you didn't notice that they all have 'Final Fantasy' at the start of the game title, you'd realize that they are a series, and wouldn't be entirely different.
    And finally, this is not a console war, do not judge the graphic ability of a machine with only 2 games.
    I love both Sega and Playstation, and soon to come XBox. You seriously can't tell me, now that it has been annoucned that the Xbox will play DC games, that you'd still choose the DC? Give a console time to settle in. Even if it is hard to program for the PS2, there are still some mighty fine looking games on it. Metal Gear 2 being on of them.
    I know this is a huge rant, but yeah, games are games, people are people.. all of them are different.

Off that FFX looks extremely good. CANNOT wait!

Hey now Final Fantasy 1 was the best. Nothing beats that rpg save maybe shining force 1 and 2. Final Fantasy for the nes was a great rpg and then after 1 the story sudenly disappeared I hope they make one just like Final Fantasy

I've finished all of them except FF9. You know why? PSO came along . I haven't touched my PSX since PSO came out. Still on the third disc...