Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

On 2003-10-30 09:10, AquaFlare7 wrote:
    In the early planning of adding new characters back in the ending days of dreamcast primetime, if you all remember, there was the idea for the HUnewm that was scrapped upon further planning. He was like a big Ogre-esk dude carrying a big axe on his back. So yeah, I believe that there are other character classes such as the HUmarl (Red Ring Rico). And it makes the most since in saying that Flowen was a Humar, after all look at his clothes

HUnewm for those who haven't seen him.

the guy with the FOnewearl for an avatar

The Hunewm looked awesome. I was hopin that he would be in Ep1&Ep2. I think the whole reason for Calus being a FOmar is simply elegance. Not because of the magical prowress but due to the angelic appearance that they can radiate. Good Calus does seem angel like while Evil Calus does a good job coming off as a devil. Elly is just Elly. No class. Just her and a gun (like Max Payne! Well he had like 10 at his disposal but I'm gettin a little off topic here). I have two swords but does that make me a swordsman? Nay, but it does put me in the class "Guy who spends his money lavishly when he should really be using it to pay the bills..and get more tattoos".

Also the deal with RRR is that she's just a normal hunter. You could put her in the HUmarl category. I believe she was trained under Tyrell. If you see the ending pic of the Rappy Ending you'll see little Rico fighting her Dad. The whole thing with Rico and Flowen being Mentor-Pupil is a rumor. One of the NPCs in Ep2 says this. The whole "Heathcliff" on her weapons could have been givin to her as a present by Flowen or she could have had them custom made and put his name on them because, as the game says, she adored him.

The whole thing with Rico and Flowen being Mentor-Pupil is a rumor. One of the NPCs in Ep2 says this. The whole "Heathcliff" on her weapons could have been givin to her as a present by Flowen or she could have had them custom made and put his name on them because, as the game says, she adored him.
    No no. It says so in THE book. (unless you just don't buy what the book says...)
    Flowen IS Rico's mentor. The reason that you see Rico fighting her dad is... well, I mean how many dads won't try to train their daughter at least for once in their lives?

the knightly thief at your service
    a tavern in the middle of a rich neigborhood with lots to steal

I would have to agree on RRR being HUmarl from the breif flash I saw of her as I beat falz on hard (DCv.2) and as far as Flowen I don't know Elly is probibly a FOnwrl but like most NPC's isn't really sure what there doing same with the others that "disguise" themselves and the whole reson for making a HUmarl Hunwmn RAnwmn and RAnwrl is just for the sakeof better costomizing your char I mean some people may want to be a newman guy with a shotgun but they can't because the char isn't in existance "yet" theymay come around in ep.4 seeing as I figure that they'll get that far with what there going to makeon three andbring four back to the original with the cards as a sub game(I hope I hope I hope) like FFXI the cards are there butas a mini game but it costs an extra dollar a month cest' la vive any way I have rambled to long

On 2003-11-01 08:56, Nei3rd wrote:
    The Hunewm looked awesome. I was hopin that he would be in Ep1&Ep2. I think the whole reason for Calus being a FOmar is simply elegance. Not because of the magical prowress but due to the angelic appearance that they can radiate. Good Calus does seem angel like while Evil Calus does a good job coming off as a devil. Elly is just Elly. No class. Just her and a gun (like Max Payne! Well he had like 10 at his disposal but I'm gettin a little off topic here). I have two swords but does that make me a swordsman? Nay, but it does put me in the class "Guy who spends his money lavishly when he should really be using it to pay the bills..and get more tattoos".
    Dlah, I hate the HUnewm designs. Well, there was the one pencil-sketchy one that looked fairly normal and not like some hulking idiotic... Thing. That one wasn't so bad. What the hell does ST have against male newmans? >_>;

Yeah, I have a sword too. Doesn't mean I know how to use it.(Although, if people are stalking you, if they see you carrying one, they tend to leave you alone from then on. >_>)

Hmm, as for Calus, that's fairly logical in terms of the game itself. The 'good' Calus does have that look of 'Good Guy' around him, and while I've never actually seen a picture of the 'evil' Calus(Nobody loves him, apparently), from descriptions of him I have a pretty good idea of what he looks like, and he does have a sort of 'Bad Guy' look to him. That or it's morning during SotH and he's just -really- not a morning person. (I look evil and pissy like that when I'm actually awake in the morning. XD) And yeah, the whole elegance thing... Now that I think about it, can your really picture Cal as a FOnewm? Or a HUmar? Or a RAmar? It... Just doesn't seem to work as well. XD

All this discussion of Rico and Flowen being/not being mentor/pupil/lovers/whatever brings to mind bad jokes involving the dub version of Sailor Moon. (Lesbian lovers != Cousins XD)

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

the guy with the FOnewearl for an avatar

Well guess I need to catch up on the game. Thanks navi for the refresher. I guess I got mixed up.

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

wow, this forum is about as entertaining as a barrel of munkeys with bseball bats in a china shop XD!!! and just so all of you can get some closure on this whole deal...

-flowen= HUmar nothing else describes him other than that

-rico=HUmarl, again, same thing as flowen

-calus=FOcast a computer using magic...

-elly=FOnewearl, she acts like a FOnewrl and halfway looks like one in ep2.

-principal tyrell=mar hes a civilian that might know how to fight... i guess

anyways, anybody that wants to tear this entry apart; have fun!

Well, here's what I think.

Rico is a HUmarl. She's a human, she's female, and she uses HUnter-type weapons. The reason only FOmarls can equip her glasses is that FOmarls are the "closest" character class to HUmarl.

My 2nd theory involves the Red Weapons. Firstly, we all know that Flowen was experimented on. We also know that "the results looked fairly positive", according to one of Flowen's logs. Well, I believe that the Red Weapons were developed using the data from Flowen's experiments. I mean, they LOOKED just like the "basic" weapons, but had superior power. They also were "incomplete". This was due to the fact that the lab went to hell in a handbasket, so to speak, when the various specimens got loose. And of course, the letters carved into the Weapons spell "Heatcliff".

I can only speculate HOW Rico got them...I have 2 theories about that. The first is that Flowen requested that the weapons would be give to Rico. This one seems a bit iffy to me. The other theory is that she somehow found or stole the weapons.

The basics of the final theory has already been discussed. Seeing Rico and Flowen. Well, the Red Weapons on Olga Flow allows you to see Flowen? This seems to agree with my theory of the origin of the Red Weapons. If they were made using Flowen's research, then they react somehow with Olga Flow, allowing you to see a "ghost" or shadow of Flowen. The Dark Weapons, made from the DNA of Olga Flow, react with Dark Falz (who possessed Rico, I believe) and show us Rico. The theory behind this is that Flowen received his mutant DNA from wounds inflicted on him by Dark Falz. Olga Flow, who had absorbed Flowen, has DNA somewhat like Flowen/Dark Falz. And when a weapon corrupted by this DNA makes contact with Dark Falz, it again somehow reacts and shows us a spirit or shadow, this time of Red Ring Rico.

Longest post ever for me, heh.

On 2003-10-31 15:46, Proto_Coyote wrote:
    On 2003-10-30 09:10, AquaFlare7 wrote:
    In the early planning of adding new characters back in the ending days of dreamcast primetime, if you all remember, there was the idea for the HUnewm that was scrapped upon further planning. He was like a big Ogre-esk dude carrying a big axe on his back. So yeah, I believe that there are other character classes such as the HUmarl (Red Ring Rico). And it makes the most since in saying that Flowen was a Humar, after all look at his clothes

HUnewm for those who haven't seen him.

he looks like gannondorf!

Oh yeah!?!? Well RICO MULTI EQUIPED!!! It's true!! How else do you explain the Rico's Glasses... AND Rico's earrings AND THE RED RING!! All at once!!! She probably had red weps with hacked %'s too... she was the principles daughter after all... she's got connections.

edit- if anyone takes this post seriously go end your life right now

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilr2000 on 2003-11-02 08:26 ]</font>