Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

On 2003-11-02 21:25, Aurra wrote:
    I for one, don't even consider using dupes to be cheating. Can you prove that an item is duped? Can you prove that an item is legit? No and no. You never will be able to. If you can't even scientifically prove the difference between the two, how can using one give you an unfair advantage? (Which is basically the definition of cheating.)
    The 'can not prove' argument doesn't hold. Just because you can't prove that car stereo wasn't stolen, doesn't mean it wasn't...
    The unfair advantage that duping brings is that instead of having to develope a style with the stuff they can legitly get their hands on, anyone can get the same extreme stuff, leading to the same (boring) gameplay all over. This can be particularly annoying when the dupe-user doesn't quite get the style, and needs all the backup from support chars available just to survive... In some other thread Monkeyfist aptly named these dupids.
    The other problem with duping is not the unfair advantage in the game itself, but in trade, as stated above...

cheating does ruin the game in my opinion but there isnt anything we can do about it, cheaters join legit only games and claim they are legit, and they have a red ring, TJ, and a brightness circle...

legits talk trash about cheaters, and they do have good reason to, its not like we can go around killing everythign in one hit, then when we are asked to put that weapon we away that person gets a F*** You weakling!!!

Like someone stated above, this game is easy, pathetically easy, if you really have to cheat (anything besides backing up items YOU FOUND) then you really are a crappy gamer... even though you may have a good personality and fun to know int he lobby, its a whole different thing when you actually kill things in like 3 hits... it gets boring and repetitive then...

Cheaters always say, "go join a locked game and play with your legit friends" well to find legit friends we have to make legit only games, or open games which are infested with cheaters, yes infested...

if you notice now a days, a varista is rarer than a TJ...

If there was no such thing as cheating, then having a double cannon would mean that you were one of the strongest people in the game... now if you have a double cannon, your considered a cheater, and a nOOb... me having a prophets of motav, a very rare and hardly ever seen weapon on psox, im considered a hacker just because someone nOOb have never seen it... and people see that cheating (duping and hacking) havent affected this game... i dont exactly hate cheaters, but i do hate people who mass dupe/hack and give away, and cheating, not the person who cheats though... even though id rather hope that they wouldnt...

dont forget that legits arent all that heavenly and innocent either, even though i cant really say everything they do cause im not a cheater so ill leave that to a cheater to say...

i myself was never considered anything even those who often played with me online on the dc version, well sometimes i was considered a friend or associate, nothing in the lines game ruining cheater, lol

Um, Aurra, using a dupe of an item is cheating. It's just like having infinate health or ammo in some other games.

You say you won't use something that doesn't occur naturally, but yet dupes don't occur naturally.

There's no difference between you and someone who uses hacked stuff like Red Ring and TJ Sword. Well the only difference is the other person is easier to label a cheater, but you're both cheaters.

Ya know.....I think many people in this topic have valid points. They each state thier opinions about dupping whether they think its cheating or not. I for one believe that dupping is a form of cheating but can not say anything bad about it because I know people that dupe. When I got the TJ I was a n00b. Yes I admitted it! I was a n00b! I just got the gc version and met people whom I thought were just really nice. I didn't know that owning a TJ means you're a cheater! I guess that makes me a cheater because I love the TJ! It reminds me of Seohiroth's sword from Fianl Fantasy 7. It's just a bad ass weapon that I could never part with. I didn't even know that owning a red ring was bad! My pal gave me one and it really improved my stats. I was using a Kasami Bracer before and it was a big improvement! Then I find out I'm a cheating mother f***er from some legit because I own one! It wasn't even a legit game and he insulted me! I never insult legits or duppers. I believe the main problem is the attitude of both parties! People need to stop segregating! If duppers want to dupe...fine! Let them! It doesn't bother your gameplay! If the Legits want to play the way the game was meant to be played...then let them! It doesn't bother duppers gameplay! The only time it bothers gameplay is when one of the two decides, "Hey! I wanna be an a$$hole today! I'll say something about this dupper/legit!" There in fact lies our biggest problem people! Thank you.

Cant get enough of that wonderful Muff

On 2003-11-03 09:21, heyf00L wrote:
    Um, Aurra, using a dupe of an item is cheating. It's just like having infinate health or ammo in some other games.
    Ummm...not really
    > Heyf00l

I'll make a very good example. I was a noob in dc, I went to GCN and got 3 charactars to ultimate offline. I had never been online. I found a guard wave, and 20 pds in my time, these were my only worthwhile tradeable stuff. I hadnt been on PSOW, and if I had I hadnt checked the forums. Keep in mind I have no idea what is hacked or duped. I go online for the first time and decide to trade with some friendly pso players. Someone says Ill trade my Dark Flow for your guardwave and 20 Pds. I accept. I didnt realise how much I was jipped. Did having this darkflow make me a cheater?

If duppers want to dupe...fine! Let them! It doesn't bother your gameplay! If the Legits want to play the way the game was meant to be played...then let them! It doesn't bother duppers gameplay! The only time it bothers gameplay is when one of the two decides, "Hey! I wanna be an a$$hole today! I'll say something about this dupper/legit!" There in fact lies our biggest problem people! Thank you.
    i agree its not really so much as being about cheating its the attitudes on both parts

On 2003-11-03 02:02, Superguppie wrote:
    The 'can not prove' argument doesn't hold.
    I disagree. I think that your stereo argument does not hold up. Not only is it arguing from analogy (a logical fallacy), but stealing and creating are two very different things. You will never be able to prove that something is legit, no matter how hard you try. Dupes are not stolen or otherwise unethically acquired, they're simply cloned from existing items.

Perhaps the act of duping creates a disadvantage for people who want nothing to do with it, but I have not yet seen a reason for me to believe that simply using those dupes is wrong or in any way cheating.

jeez, people,
    you just need to carry 1 wep at a time. that's all you need. whenever i got fsod'd, i just lost my mates/fluids and it was no big deal

Cant get enough of that wonderful Muff

On 2003-11-03 13:37, monkeyfist wrote:
    jeez, people,
    you just need to carry 1 wep at a time. that's all you need. whenever i got fsod'd, i just lost my mates/fluids and it was no big deal
    All this carry one weapon is BS. What about in seabed when you NEED a gun for the recoboxes.

I honestly think all legit players should backup their items. Put it on another memory card, it does no harm. I personally do this. Duping is a glitch, FSOD is a glitch, use one against the other.

Everybodys happy.