Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

On 2003-11-03 13:47, muff wrote:
    All this carry one weapon is BS. What about in seabed when you NEED a gun for the recoboxes.
    just deposit it once you beat it.
    works like a charm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fojar on 2003-11-03 14:23 ]</font>

On 2003-11-03 13:37, monkeyfist wrote:
    jeez, people,
    you just need to carry 1 wep at a time. that's all you need. whenever i got fsod'd, i just lost my mates/fluids and it was no big deal
    All this carry one weapon is BS. What about in seabed when you NEED a gun for the recoboxes.

I honestly think all legit players should backup their items. Put it on another memory card, it does no harm. I personally do this. Duping is a glitch, FSOD is a glitch, use one against the other.

Everybodys happy.
    i back-up dupe my uber rares onto my 2 blank characters, so i see no problem with it, even though actually i don't its how i choose to play the game

On 2003-11-03 09:21, heyf00L wrote:
    Um, Aurra, using a dupe of an item is cheating. It's just like having infinate health or ammo in some other games.
    That's crap and you know it. Using dupes gives you NO unfair advantage over anyone else. They do not extend your HP to infinite, and they don't allow you to kill Falz in one hit. The only difference between a duped BKB and a legit one is that one was brought into the PSO world from a glitch while one was not... and if the two were placed next to each other, you wouldn't be able to provide a single piece of evidence as to which one is duped. Is one stronger than the other? No. Does one have a higher grind? No. Does one have better percents? NO. They are exactly the same. The duped one provides no unfair advantage.

There's no difference between you and someone who uses hacked stuff like Red Ring and TJ Sword. Well the only difference is the other person is easier to label a cheater, but you're both cheaters.
    Cough, did I say I used dupes? Anywhere? Using the old Jump to Conclusions Mat, aren't we f00l? I'm not lying when I say that by your standards, I probably play the game more legitimately than freaking Jolt.

I may not have any dupes that I want to equip, but that doesn't mean that I condemn them. Practically all of my best friends use dupes, dupe Photon Spheres right in front of me, have TJ-Swords, etc. And I don't care. I don't consider my status in this game to be a reflection of my real life status, so I don't go around worrying that the economy is being ruined and that my 0.0.0.0 Lavis Cannon that I found isn't being respected. I am not insecure in this way in the least, so such things will never bother me and I have absolutely no beef with dupes. You and everyone else are yet to provide me a single legitimate reason to call using them an act of cheating.

PS, I don't think the TJ-Sword was originally a hack. On Version 1.0 the first TJ-Swords that popped up had negative percents mirroring those of the duped SJ-Swords. Example, SJS had 35D, TJS had -35D. Explain that one.

After hearing this I now say that duping for backups from fsod is not cheating. Hacking is cheating if you use the items online me I use my red ring offline only as well as my tj and Dark Flow but online I still use duped weps.

Aurra,

The success of an argument from analogy depends on the relevant similarities outweighing any dissimilarities. In itself, analogy is neither here nor there. Normally I get paid to say that, but I'll give it to you free of charge this time. Explaining burden of proof to you, though, that'll cost you.

On 2003-11-03 13:37, monkeyfist wrote:
    jeez, people,
    you just need to carry 1 wep at a time. that's all you need. whenever i got fsod'd, i just lost my mates/fluids and it was no big deal

I honestly think all legit players should backup their items. Put it on another memory card, it does no harm. I personally do this. Duping is a glitch, FSOD is a glitch, use one against the other.

Everybodys happy.
    thats why there are different classes!!!! prime example of "what happened to teamwork" 1 wep at a time is good enuff for me.

On 2003-11-03 15:23, cjbelfor wrote:
    Aurra,

The success of an argument from analogy depends on the relevant similarities outweighing any dissimilarities. In itself, analogy is neither here nor there. Normally I get paid to say that, but I'll give it to you free of charge this time.
    Yeah thanks

Anyway, I still maintain that the stolen stereo analogy is not a good one. Stealing a stereo and duping a weapon are two very dissimilar processes.

have u ever tried slicing recoboxes with a sword? it's cake. works like a charm. and get a team. or play offline

>AurraMuff

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: monkeyfist on 2003-11-03 16:35 ]</font>

On 2003-11-03 15:23, cjbelfor wrote:
    Aurra,

The success of an argument from analogy depends on the relevant similarities outweighing any dissimilarities. In itself, analogy is neither here nor there. Normally I get paid to say that, but I'll give it to you free of charge this time. Explaining burden of proof to you, though, that'll cost you.

Allow me to expand on that:

In the linerboard case, Aldisert continued, "For appellants' argument to prevail, therefore, they must demonstrate that the facts in Newton are substantially similar to the facts in the case at bar, what logicians call inductive reasoning by analogy, or reasoning from one particular case to another. To draw an analogy between two entities is to indicate one or more respects in which they are similar and thus argue that the legal consequence attached to one set of particular facts may apply to a different set of particular facts because of the similarities in the two sets.

Because a successful analogy is drawn by demonstrating the resemblances or similarities in the facts, the degree of similarity is always the crucial element. You may not conclude that only a partial resemblance between two entities is equal to a substantial or exact correspondence.

"Logicians teach that one must always appraise an analogical argument very carefully. Several criteria may be used: (1) the acceptability of the analogy will vary proportionally with the number of circumstances that have been analyzed; (2) the acceptability will depend upon the number of positive resemblances (similarities) and negative resemblances (dissimilarities); or (3) the acceptability will be influenced by the relevance of the purported analogies. Irving M. Copi and Keith Burgess-Jackson, 'Informal Logic' 166 (3d ed. 1996); Arthur L. Goodheart, 'Determining the Ratio Decidendi of a Case,' 40 Yale L.J. 161, 179 (1930); John H. Wigmore, 'Wigmore's Code of the Rules of Evidence in Trials at Law' 118 (3d ed. 1942); John Stuart Mill, 'A System of Logic Ratiocinative and Inductive' 98-142 (8th ed. 1916) ('Two things resemble each other in one or more respects; a certain proposition is true of one; therefore it is true of the other.')."

As such, Aldisert wrote, "For appellants to draw a proper analogy, they had the burden in the District Court, as they do here, of showing that the similarities in the facts of the two cases outweigh the differences."

Hey that last part sounds familiar LOL.

In this case I have to agree with Aurra in that the stealing of a stereo is far too dissimiliar from duping an item and until such time as a proper demonstration of why they could be considered similiar is presented I can't buy that argument.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-11-03 16:21 ]</font>

*blink*

come again?