Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

...when they enter your game.

I've FSODed 3 times on entering a game this week, each time there were 2 people in the room before me who spammed symbol chats when I entered. Thereupon the game crashed. I just lost all my best chars to this. Last time I was corrupted it was my USB card, but this was when everybody chose to spam chats while it was saving too. Now is it just me or can this cause a data overload while saving? Each time as soon as the symbol chat appeared, FSOD. Twice was just before it saved and twice the second it started (= corruption). If the server's already packed isn't it possible your cube could crash? Just a thought. Just in case, please, please do not do this when people are entering your game. The cube's already downloading your character data into memory so a lot of data's going through, don't add extra for it to handle. And DON'T whatever you do spam a hacked symbol chat in-game. People I know have FSODed from doing this, do it while somebody is saving on entering and you could very well kill their chara. Yes I know it's a one in a thousand chance but that extra data could tip the cube over the edge.

I'm not bitter because somebody had to show me their retarded cat-in-a-window-I've-seen-a-million-times-before, honest.

- drunk and suicidal

The S is for Strange.....

That sucks! How unfortunate, this kinda pushes me away from coming online, dont want my characters getting killed by FSODX

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

uhm, for regular FSOD u just keep everything u want (including what u got equipped)in the bank, but with FSODX, i always just make my own games, and hope hackers dont get in and think its funny to FSOD me

I usually wait a few seconds before I say hello to people because if you do it too early, they might not even see what you say.

I could see it being a cause for FSOD. It also bothers me a lot when I join a game and people start shoving the chat bubbles on my screen the instant I show up. I always until I see them or if I'm not in the room, a few seconds after they got in before saying anything.

For normal FSODs, the so called corruption prevention trick works just fine. When the screen freezes, unplug your memcard and open the GC disc tray before shutting off the cube.

As far as FSOD-X... I usually make my own games, or tag along with people I already know. I'm very wary of joining anyone else's game, simply because I might get dragged into a TTF that I don't want to do. (NOT EVERYONE LIKES BUM RUSHING ALL OF THE BOSSES AT ONCE, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY HAVE RARES THEY NEED TO COLLECT!!)

HOw can this be? I hear so many people fuss about fsod and how they loose all this stuff, ect. I have never fsod once or had a corrupted char. People symbol chat me all the time and I never freeze and I always say h to people right when they come in and they never get dced or anything, I dunno, maybe im just special!

On 2003-11-05 14:11, Krank40oz wrote:
    HOw can this be? I hear so many people fuss about fsod and how they loose all this stuff, ect. I have never fsod once or had a corrupted char. People symbol chat me all the time and I never freeze and I always say h to people right when they come in and they never get dced or anything, I dunno, maybe im just special!
    Let me guess, you're on broadband. That helps somehow. I've been on broadband from the moment I got online. I've never had FSOD-X (thankfully) and the last FSOD was months ago, when there was trouble on the EU servers.
    Oh, and corruption can also occur without FSOD-X. This is mostly attributed to bad memory cards.

lol my friend's memory card got corrupted OFFLINE after transfering a character back to its own memory card... he kinda was pissed until we found that the char we sent back was on the temporary file AND its own memory card... both containing everything the character had in inventory and bank.... heh... duped char on accident....

Through the Fire and Flames

I corrupted a loooooong time ago. lv86 i was.
    but i didnt FSOD, and i had an official mem card. i just quit in the game (i was online). and when i came back later my char was corrupted. i was pissed off big style, and i tried again and again until i accepted it and reformatted. sometimes its just bad luck