Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sivar Cultist

I am now close to getting my first S-Rank, and I am going to get a rifle, and have been having a little trouble coming up with a good name for it. I am hoping some of you can give me a couple ideas. Not that I'll neccesarily use any of them, but maybe hearing some stuff will help to get the old creative juices flowing to come up with something myself. Thanks!

Quickie in flyff- aibatt

Hmmm...why not something that isn't a rifle...that sounds really good to me. Try a sword..or a double saber.

Phantom of Inferno

Well, I named my first S-Rank the Guilty Sword, with the intent of starting the "Guilty" series of weapons. It's not terribly original, but I like the sound of the word "guilty."

If you're going to take this route in naming your first and future S-Ranks (an easy way out, IMO), choose a good descriptive name that will fit pretty much every weapon you think you'll use.

If you're going to name each S-Rank differently, try choosing "fun" names that can work with the weapon type. Like something corny along the lines of "Get Shot" and "Siamese Twin," for starters (my one friend used the latter for his first S-Rank).

Or you could combine the two ideas into a theme. Different names, yet working in the same motif. Like... I dunno. A Rockman motif: Z Saber, Spark Shot, Shadow Blade, and whatnot.

Just a thought.

<insert custom title here>

There also could be a Fire Emblem motif,based on the holy weapons from that series. You could make like an Ichival Rifle.

Sivar Cultist

Hmmm...why not something that isn't a rifle...that sounds really good to me. Try a sword..or a double saber.
    No, I've pretty much already decided that I'm going with a rifle! The character it will be for is a ranger, and I like rifles for my rangers. Thanks though!

There also could be a Fire Emblem motif,based on the holy weapons from that series. You could make like an Ichival Rifle.
    I'm not familiar with what this refers to! Sounds interesting though!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rogue100 on 2003-11-05 12:52 ]</font>

Gauss Rifle
    Precision Rifle oops wont fit
    Or the unoriginal Sniper RifleNah
    Veteran Rifle
    Air Rifle

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ueiji on 2003-11-05 20:37 ]</font>

Hi Rogue, how are you?

I just got 2 S-ranks, the Flaccid Sword and the Riese twin. Riese being my "main" character so to speak.

Other S-Rank puns:
    Bi Partisan(that's my political humor)
    Rabies Shot or Vodka Shot
    Sugar Cane
    Dr Claw(I like Inspector Gadget)

dam, Rogue, there are so many possibilities. you can base it off ur character. u can base it off themes, like Alt is thinking with his "guilty" series. you can base off another game, another char. i know sometimes it's tough to think, let alone, decide on one, cuz it's permanent. i could give you a name, that I like, but I might actually use it myself.

hopefully my suggestions up there can lead you to a name.

Sivar Cultist

On 2003-11-08 18:47, haruna wrote:
    Hi Rogue, how are you?

I just got 2 S-ranks, the Flaccid Sword and the Riese twin. Riese being my "main" character so to speak.

Other S-Rank puns:
    Bi Partisan(that's my political humor)
    Rabies Shot or Vodka Shot
    Sugar Cane
    Dr Claw(I like Inspector Gadget)
    Hi Haruna,

I'm doing good. Congrats on your S-Ranks. I think I've decided to go with a reference to another game. Although I'm not sure on that yet. This is turning out to be tougher than I thought, especially since I've come up with alot of good names for many of the other S-Rank weapons, yet for the rifle I've had a hard time coming up with anything really clever, and it is the rifle that I want to get!