Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PSO Assassin

since i don't get that much sleep lately ,
    i was wondering... if you keep on sleeping for about 5h a day, will your body get used to it at some point? Can you actually "give up" sleeping? i find that, altough i'm pretty tired all the time, i at least can manage that way by now. Also, as a little poll, how much does everyone sleep around here and how much do you play pso on average during weekdays and the weekend?

Rappy Hunter

Sleep heh, I don't get much. I usually sleep for about 6 or 7 hours every two days or so. Not healthy I know, but its not something I do willingly heh.

As for 5h a day question, you can get used to it, but you will be tired almost all the time, as a general habit I would suggest always making sure you get at least 8 hours sleep a night. As for giving up sleep, it doesn't work, if you stay up for about 4 days(give or take some) you will probably start hallucinating. For me mild hallucinations occur usually I am certain I can hear a certain NiN song, by that point I take sleeping pills =)

I'm beginning to ramble now heh...

Bottom line if possible choose sleep over nearly everything else.

On 2001-02-19 05:57, The_Neon_Samurai wrote:
    since i don't get that much sleep lately ,
    i was wondering... if you keep on sleeping for about 5h a day, will your body get used to it at some point? Can you actually "give up" sleeping? i find that, altough i'm pretty tired all the time, i at least can manage that way by now. Also, as a little poll, how much does everyone sleep around here and how much do you play pso on average during weekdays and the weekend?
    [addsig]
    I don't play more then 1-1 $1/2 hours of PSO, but during the week, I only get 5 hours of sleep. I got used to it, since it's been almost a year i've been doing this. Even if I wanna sleep more, I just cant. I automatically wake up 5 hours after I sleep. But then again, whenever I go to sleep at night, it takes me less then 10 mins, and I'm out cold....

So, yes, you can get used to sleeping 5 hrs a day, but when the week-end comes, I sleep like, 10 hours... heh...

I think PSO and sleep are mutually exclusive goals. I mean hey: Before I go to sleep, I need to get one more level... ok maybe two more.... I mean three.. you get the idea. Anyway, 5 hours is a little to short I think so I force myself to bed at like 11 or midnight and the get up at 7. That's about the minumum for healthy sleep I belive. (don't ask me why I have so many German's guild cards I swear that I wasn't playing at 4 in the morning)

I think PSO and sleep are mutually exclusive goals. I mean hey: Before I go to sleep, I need to get one more level... ok maybe two more.... I mean three.. you get the idea. Anyway, 5 hours is a little to short I think so I force myself to bed at like 11 or midnight and the get up at 7. That's about the minumum for healthy sleep I belive. (don't ask me why I have so many German's guild cards I swear that I wasn't playing at 4 in the morning)

I play about 5-10 hours a day, depending on what kinda mood I'm in, and usually get about 7 hours of sleep a night.

My body has learned to live on 5 hours of sleep. Like today. I went to bed at 3 and just got up at 8. 5 hrs. Chances are, I might take a nap or pass out or wake up somewhere not remembering something I did for the past 15 minutes.

Oh yes, living on 5 hrs of sleep is wonderful.

Offically your body needs 6 hours of sleep for it to regenerate. If you dont get 6 hours you will be very tired and very open to stress and other RL problems
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

I get 7 hours of sleep. Last night I went to bed at 2 am (PSO-ing) and I woke up at EXACTLY 9 am... My body is very used to 7 hours.

I once stayed up 4 days straight finishing multiple projects for design school. By the end of the 4th day, I was literally hallucinating. Wake-dreaming. It was a complete and total alteration of my reality. It was very, very unsettling.

I vaguely remember pulling up to the airport, to head home for spring break. The next thing I knew, I was in New York. It felt like the blink of an eye. That was even more unsettling.