Read at your own risk.

-The HU that took....EVERYTHING.
    Someone I know was curious about c-mode. He got his HUmar. When we were picking things up, I told him that he needs to give mind materials and tech disks to the Force. He said "uuh kaay" in a sluggish voice.
    A Hildebear thwacks him dead. The team leader gives him his doll. The team leader is in a pinch so I leave my doll for him.
    Area 2 goes by, no mind mats, no TP mats.
    We get to the Dragon. Said HUmar casts barta! WHAT THE HELL! That was supposed to go to the FO!
    The dragon takes off! Said HUmar casts ZONDE. Ibid on that.
    The HUmar dies. He's died twice and he just got revived. Looks like he swiped the doll I left.
    Due to the mad skills of me, the HUcast and the FO, we still somehow killed the dragon.
    All 3 of us were stunned. This guy was the biggest idiot to ever get Ra-Gou above his head. To this day, I still cannot believe he got it.

Intoxicated.
    If you are drunk and seriously hung over, please, stay the f**k out of c-mode! I absolutely adore hearing you taking breaks to go puke. Are you playing with your XBOX on the tile floors of your WC?
    Why? Why? Why did I have to be able to hear that?!
    With pure luck, he stumbled into all the secret passages. Don't ask me how I was able to pass that one either. At the time, I wasn't *that* good of a player.

The FO that took HU stuff...
    You'd think that idiots wouldn't make it to higher levels of c-mode. If only an iota of that tenacity could be substituted for brains. But this is c-mode. I was a HU. Not the team leader but I still expected a degree of dibs on the Knight Powers, good weapons, power materials and mates.
    I also expect to drop all my fluids and scape dolls so the FO can unleash tech fury and die for TP.
    No, this FO thought that TP death is stupid, didn't find Shifta and Deband nearly as sexy as the rest of us and what have you.
    Suffice to say, you could imagine the look of shock on my face when, near the last room, the FO goes "what do I do with all these fluids?"
    If I hear something like that, I'm now at the level where I'm just gonna disconnect.
    Somehow, we beat the stage. I know some people have a habit of dropping all the stuff they've picked up near the Hunter's Guild Counter. Wow. Look at all those power boosting units the FO had picked up! Some of em were better than some of the HU's!

Pressing people's buttons isn't funny...
    In C3, there are lots and lots of buttons. Push the wrong ones and you blow up! I got to be QB in this one. One guy kept on pushing switches he wasn't supposed to. In fact, I would love to add the little fact that he lost his freakin scape doll because of his button-happy idiocy.
    Finally, we got to a point where I was going to go off and follow the lights. I told him to come with me. "Press that switch over there."
    <whine>"I thought you told me not to hit any switches! Waah!"</whine>
    Um. I told you to stop pushing buttons unless you know what they're for. Rather than push the button, he proceeded to argue with me and topped it off with "well I didn't like your attitude."

That light at the end of the tunnel is the twinkle of a Grass Assasin's eye...
    I've gotten less tolerant of st00pidity in c-mode. If you're acting like a moron, I'm "lagging out."
    Caves challenges without androids can be a pain. When droids are the minority, it's an uber pain.
    Some numbnutz made it a point to charge all the lillies even after I said I'd take care of them. I dropped all my antis early. One non-droid HU(call him, MORON) fed them to its mag, even after perpetually getting paralyzed.
    I traded mags with the other HU(call this HU, DIZZY) since I was playing my Ranger. Dizzy at least had the decency to give me a good gun and stick with the default.
    Moron kept running out of mates quickly and dying. Fortunately, no one gave Moron their dolls. Instead, they told Moron to stay out of the action. Of course, Moron living up to my new name for him, didn't. I wasn't there for it but apparently Moron died right next to his grave several times. I was too busy sending Simple Mails to my friends telling them about this total moron I was playing c-mode with.
    After the 4th failure, I gave up. After sending some messages, I disconnected. I dropped my doll for the FO so she could do a TP death or something.
    I kept seeing a perpetual C2 room that had Moron in it. I got some mail from one of my friends in the game. He kept refusing to stay in the hallways when bling blingin. IE, out of mates, out of dolls and hurt.

Moron...
    I saw Dizzy in the lobby. Dizzy told me that Moron died by his freakin gravestone several times.
    That's a new record right there.

==========AFTER WORD==========
    I will still play c-mode with newbs if they will listen to their team leaders and follow those orders. Sometimes, that might be me. A mere 2 months ago, I was a total n00b and I still remembered that time. I too find myself searching for the next potential Time Attacker...

Disgruntled Culinarian/ Commis become Master

i can sympathize. i really like to help the inexperienced with cmode, and i really really hate when they don't know what they are doing, so they go against what you say because you give them orders. being a harsh leader is part of cmode, and with that kind of anti-teamwork going on, i tend to just leave too... i'd love to help you pass your challenge, but you have to be constructive to your team... i'm not going to carry you for god's sakes.

Tell them to remember the Pig-Hog story.

The pig that eats the most grows the fattest. The fattest pig becomes the hog. The hog goes off to market. He gets killed. Then eaten by little bacon loving kids.

But all the less eating pigs that dont grow as fat live another year till pig eating season.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! BACON!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spartan117 on 2003-11-15 14:56 ]</font>

I like Fuego!!!

Hey Haruna, I was about to vent about the c-mode games last night with the moron who just would not stay behind the door and kept killing us all and it seems you beat me to it.

Well after you left, it was just the three of us and same moron was still not listening and not staying in the hallway no matter how many times we pleaded with him to do so. I was writing to you while I was regenerating TP in the hallway. I admit to being a newbie at c-mode so I try to follow the leader as best I can, but this guy was f**king rediculous. He kept saying how he just could not stay in the hallway and when we asked him to use a gun rather than killing himself using a sword and ended up being forced by his father to leave the game.

Well the ultimate result was that Arielle still has not passed C2 after about ten times trying. I stopped playing PSO for the next hour or so after that because I was so frustrated. I came back and decided no more c-mode for the night and decided to so some character leveling instead and ended up in a really fun game with two friends of mine that are really hilarious to play with. We were amusing ourselves playing with the profanity censorship on the game and discovered some interesting words that were not censored when others were.

On 2003-11-15 14:01, MasterJoel wrote:
    i can sympathize. i really like to help the inexperienced with cmode, and i really really hate when they don't know what they are doing, so they go against what you say because you give them orders. being a harsh leader is part of cmode, and with that kind of anti-teamwork going on, i tend to just leave too... i'd love to help you pass your challenge, but you have to be constructive to your team... i'm not going to carry you for god's sakes.
    I wasn't a n00b in c-mode *that* long ago. I mean, I first beat c-mode around late Sept with a time of 6'45".

If I could pick and choose from the best of the times I've gotten these past 2 weeks, it would be around 4'30" and I'm shooting for below 4'.

I took a n00b through today and he constantly asked where he needed to go. Fine. He did what I told him to and it went OK. He used his FO and did a good job keeping all the HUs on Shifta and he knew his tech resistances. For a n00b, he had pretty decent timing on his TP deaths in C5.

Pretty much my new policy for taking on a team is giving them a little quiz:
    -"If I say 'ignore the enemies' what do you do?"
    -"When can you press a switch?"
    -"I am the team leader; will you do exactly as I say?"