Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who do you all think is the better? HuMars or HuCasts post reason's why along with which you think is better ;d

From what i heard.. in DC humars where cheap and broken or somthing when they first came out.. ;d but now there evened out now hrmm.. i think the hucast is better though.. no posion.. paralize.. and heal when just sitting still + the fact he is very strong phy wise ;D

Make a Skyly Hucast. God/Arms and Chainsawd's come easy in Skyly town...

LOL i have a Skyly Hucast righ now hes 65 i was trying to get some god arms in that... Forest of sorrows ;d i tryed twice and i beat the quest.. now i have to beat like every quest to unlock them all forgood ;[ its depressing

master of darkness

HUcast...

HUmar's are weak to a HUcast

Oh ya, you wanted reasons.
    Well, I think Hucasts are better because They have the highest Atp in the game. Also their Dfp and Hp are high. Their only real weakness is there accuracy but as I said before that can be corrected with some easy God/Arms from Hildablues. Humars...bleh, too common, too overrated.

Truth Seeking Hunter

I only use females, but at this I have to say that being a Hucast is much more better that a humar.
    Hucasts are stronger and have better defense than a humar.

Ya, I think female characters are actually better in this game. (for hunters at least) Since you already have have a Skyly Hucast, I suggest you make a Redria Huneweral or if you want a different class, make a Purplenum Ranger.

L:200 Purplenum RAmarl extraordinaire

Who would I rather play? A HUcast, I would equip S. Parts on him to stop him from being pathetic.

Who would I rather have on my team? Always a HUmar. I would definitely rather have a teammate capable of Zalure, Jellen, Resta and Anti than one with traps whose extra power only saves him a hit on five enemies, tops.

I prefer HuCast, for both multiplayer and alone.

HuMar has weak J/Z, but it has no real effect at that level and doesn't make up for the decreased ATP. ATA is better, but that's easily remedied on a HuCast. The JZ has a narrow effect. His lower ATP means less of a boost from a Fo in multi, and anything he can do, save attacking less effectively than a Cast, can be done better by a support Fo. If your team is using a HuMar as support, it's a sad group indeed.

HuCast, on the other hand, really shines with a support Fo. The J/Z is wasted when a Fo's doing it better, and the ATP of the Cast really rockets with the percentage based S/D. The Cast has an additional bonus, since the traps have a wide effect, and are things that a Fo can't do. While a Cast can't support others through techs, he is a tank that can distract enemies from a fo, can cause massive damage quickly, and can stop a roomful with smart playing (a tactic I call herding) and wise use of traps. This same tactic makes offline easier than for a Mar as well, even without the support.

Edit: A HuCast who uses damage traps is either only looking to tag (whuch really isn't necessary) or is a novice. There is a reason they get so many of the other ones. Freeze and Confuse are the keys to actually playing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stalfos333 on 2003-11-20 22:40 ]</font>

I would have to say HUcast... not because I play that class almost exclusively, but because of different reasons already covered.

More Defense to withstand hits and damage. More HPs to take the damage. More ATP to return the favor and kill off pests quicker. Traps to harass enemies and buy time for himself and the rest of the group.

Only gripe: bad ATA. Easily fixed with God/Arms, S-Parts and hit% weapons.
    A lack of Resta may seem like a big handicap, but a clever player knows to use each and every mate at the right time. If you're paired with a Force, then the healing is only problematic if you're too faraway from your partner, in which case you should heal yourself to avoid an unnecessary death.

Herding monsters is easy if you practice the tactic. Traps are even better in Ultimate mode since they detonate faster, and if you have a ranger who can see them (RAcast, RAcaseal or someone with a Sense Plate), being a decoy to attract enemies suddenly becomes great tactic. Get them close, drop a trap, alert the Ra (or yell if offline) and you got a bunch of frozen/confused/damaged enemies real quick.

The regeneration only comes in handy in solo play, but if you gotta take a break, you can easily heal fully by standing near a doorway.

HUmars aren't bad. Their techs and high material limit gives them an edge, but they (IMHO) don't compare to a HUcast of approximate level (taking into account both have almost the same equipment, mags, weapons and material diet).

Just my two meseta... ^-^