Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Dying: Doesn't matter.

Dropping/giving to others: Doesn't matter, except with the desynchronization problems I mentioned.

Kill shots: The sword only counts final blows.

-- Barubary

On 2003-11-22 13:08, Barubary6 wrote:
    Dying: Doesn't matter.

Dropping/giving to others: Doesn't matter, except with the desynchronization problems I mentioned.

Kill shots: The sword only counts final blows.

-- Barubary
    And what of quitting the game, or loading/finishing/quitting a quest? Can it be on any difficulty, online or offline?

On 2003-11-22 13:11, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:
    And what of quitting the game, or loading/finishing/quitting a quest? Can it be on any difficulty, online or offline?
    i think its pretty clearly.
    every kill counts. its just a counter at that weapon (however.. instead of grind or % maybe?).

If it's any kill, regardless of difficulty... then everyone who found a Sealed J-Sword is probably heading off into solo Normal Endless Nightmares right now

On 2003-11-22 13:04, dj_dan wrote:
    Not saying that you are lying, but when a few people actually obtain a real Sealed J, then manage to slay 23,000 enemies, and in doing so "Use" the sword, I will believe this.
    That's what I expected to happen. I wrote this so legitimate players would know what to do and confirm it themselves.
    Nothing against you at all, but this topic has more rumours than any other videogame, even the hot topic in the past about bringing back Aeris.
    I doubt that a lot =^-^=
    Now I'm still not sure how you or Clara found this info out, but considering you have posted in the past saying there is no *counter* or anything related to the Sealed J, I was wondering, do you have anything other specifics?
    I was wrong. There *is* a counter on the item. When I tried this out before, to disprove the rumors, I couldn't find the counter. It turns out that I couldn't find the counter because the Sealed J-Sword I made to test is different than a legitimately found one >_<
    Must the Sealed J be equipped for all 23,000 kills without switching or dying (unequipping) etc?
    Nope, nothing like that matters, besides the desynch problems I mentioned.
    23,000 kills.. in one difficulty only? Does each difficulty have it's own counter? Ultimate kills only?
    Any difficulty (verified).
    23,000 kills, do battle mode kills count? Janitorbob said he unsealed his in Bmode killing a FO. Maybe he was lying, or maybe he reached that threshhold of 23,000kills (even though he said nothing of the "use" option).
    No, they don't count (verified). However, killing a Delsaber in a battle does count (verified).
    Do boss kills count?
    Yes. I just made a 22,999 kill J-Sword and killed the Dragon, and it let me convert it.
    Do quest kills count?
    If you mean monsters killed while playing a quest, yes.
    What if I attack a Merlan, and a FO finishes it off with Barta, do I get the kill? I would still get exp for affecting it, but not the kill bonus.
    Only final blows are counted (verified).
    How about attacking a Rappy with the Sealed J, switching to a Red Saber and finishing him off, or vice versa. Would either count towards the 23,000 kills?
    Only final blows with the Sealed J-Sword are counted (verified).

-- Barubary

Do you have to do the 23,000 kills in one sitting, or can you do 12,000 kills, turn off the Gamecube, then re-load and do 11,000 more?

Edit: Also, I personally would like very much to see a video of you unsealing it, and I'm sure others would as well. Not that I doubt you or anything, but I think it'd be interesting to see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheAlmightyNewbie on 2003-11-22 13:35 ]</font>

master of darkness

well if this work's...DARN i need a sealed J-sword DARN

I understand the difference between hacked and legit SWORD, but... If someone finds a SWORD and shop dupes it, since it is an in-game glitch, I assume they would all be regarded as legit, wouldn't they ?
    Because that means now all noobs are gonna brag about "my TSUMIKIRI is legit !" (and not being Lv 80).
    23 000 monsters is A LOT !

Edit : Thanks a lot, Barubary

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2003-11-22 14:03 ]</font>

I'll add this to my sticky, but I don't see why legit ones would make a difference vs shop duped ones.

On 2003-11-22 14:13, Ketchup345 wrote:
    I'll add this to my sticky, but I don't see why legit ones would make a difference vs shop duped ones.
    It doesn't. I'm talking about "truly" hacked Sealed J-Swords. Shop dupe copies of a legit can be unsealed too.

-- Barubary