This site has ALOT of info. The only thing it doesn't have that i think would be cool is a character maker of some kind. Like so that others can see what your character looks like. The little pics arn't good enough! lol, anybody agree?

It would be nice to have a character maker...but it would mean a lot more work for them...so I don't think they will ever do it. Really good idea, though.

All you really have to do is take a few screenshots of your character and put them in your signature...that would work.

Through the Fire and Flames

If your talking about custom avatars, no matter how related to pso, im pretty sure its not going to happen :S

i was going to quote it but just going to this thread lets you see it in all its glory
    No custom avatars thread

i dont think he's talking about custom pics..
    he's talking about something compareable to what gaia has.
    rebuilding your charas in a flashlike system... hmhmhm...

well, write such a think, its not that difficult but would need time to get all outfits in the same style (weapons and mag adding, armor visualisation, hm.. could be something really neat - and if its just for the profile)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-11-23 08:55 ]</font>

You'd have to know Perl and hecka C++ out the butt to make a program like that. @_@;;
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

you could do it in flash, and save user characters into a database.. it'd be fairly easy

Edit: Ya know, I might just see if I can find some time to work on something like that

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark_agenda on 2003-11-24 11:39 ]</font>

Actually, the hardest part about creating the character program would be modelling everything so it would be a dang close replica of what is on the NGC, DC or X-Box.

The coding for the most part would be easy (I use VB6 with Truevison3D so coding is a piece of cake), but like with 90% of games, you have to make every single object, mesh, tree, plant, etc. in order to have a game... having code means nothing if you don't have any textures and meshes to back it up.

true, the graphics would be the most difficult part of the whole operation. I don't have the capabilities to screen cap from the cube so I would have to rely on someone to get screen shots of all the costumes, weapons, and mags. That is of course if you indeed wanted to see the visual of the character... what I was thinking was something more like this:

There would be a customizable number of tabs at the top, each one would represent one of your characters. once you clicked on a tab, you would see in the main body a visual of the character on left, and you would have statistics of the character on the right. It could include as little or as much info as you would want. All of the information (i.e. which costume each character is wearing, and all of his stats) would be held in a database. I could host everything that will be needed for it, the only questions are:
    A) Will a bulk of the people on this site be interested in something like this

and

B) Will I be able to save enough space on it so that it doesn't go out of the sig boundaries

BTW, I was thinking it would be something cool to have as a sig thing, but it would be even better if it worked out to be part of the profile, that would just be sweet! I'm going to ask the site admin people if they would be cool with me making this thing and then they could just adapt it to be used on their site, I could build a proto-type hosted on my own servers, and if they like it, I could give them instructions on getting it to work for their profile page. It'd be a piece of cake really.

hmm build your char like how you make a sim in the sims? Then use the pic. That'd take a lot of work and kill slow computers.