Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Because people are in denial that she is infact a female that can hack games pretty well.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

On 2003-11-30 13:14, LamerPanda wrote:

#2 - Why does any sort of tech support-esque (Yes, I am making up words) topic usually call for Baru? Is s/he running some sort of tech support hotline that I was unaware of?
    Of course Barubary has a tech support hotline. If Barubary is giving out spotlights then Barubary must have a hotline. Its really just an extension of logic. (If you want the hotline number, then you'll have to ask AUTO_ it probably came with the spotlight)

Steven Richards. Who used the code-name "Barubary" to basically protect his name hired a team. This man was interviewed by many top hackers from a Californian PC Convention a couple years back. His greatest work... taking a team of 5 (who were to act as translators and carefully fix the language barrier) to work on a emulation of SquareSoft's Japan-Only Final Fantasy 5 game.

The name Steven Richards and Barubary has always stayed with me since the success of the FF5 emulation. Indeed he was a hacker that tried to make a Black and Green-text based website on "codes". Not hacks. He would never share his information with general public, but would give away his works... codes in this instance. Along with Code-Masters (creator of Game-Genie), Code-Masters website was soon revamped after it got much attention thanks to Steven's work. From PlayStation and Saturn to N64 and GBPocket. Then soon came hacking for PS2 and GBA games. DreamCast made the greatest impact for their website CMGSCCC. Steven was a great code-creator who takes minor glitches, and take them to great extremes by presenting his hacks unto codes for everyone to use. Companies that reverse games in teams with much time were benefitted by the Code Creator's team. Steven was the prize of the team and website... which gave away "cool" codes to the General Public. These codes include Front Mission 3, and Sephiroth codes for FF7 that actually worked.

It may be history to you... but it's great information about the past. Which brings me to the obvious questions.

1. If Steven and Barubary are the same person... then who is this Barubary who hacks PSO?

2. Isn't Steven a male's name?

3. For some who know the pso player known as Davka (and I myself personally asked her), remember when 'Barubary' said he met Davka in person... and she (Davka) said she met him (Barubary) in person?

4. The Code-Name for the FF5 emu-creator was Barubary, who was a young man interviewed at the PC Conventions back in 1998-1999... kind of odd how a female Barubary and a male Barubary are both taking credit for this action, isn't it?

5. I talked to Code-Masters representatives a while back, 2 of them were cMx (Rev. ENG and Web host), and Son of Jun (Code-Master's REPs) and they told me that Barubary created the FF5 emu... a work created by Steve around that same time, right?

So... either Barubary is telling a lie about himself, or the PSO version of Barubary is none other than a imposter who knows him. In my opinion, Steve/Barubary is a very confused man.

There was once a link that gotten cut-off by another Barubary 7 or 9, I am not sure. It was editted by an admin/moderator because some truth was exposeed to protect Barubary's identity and his relationship with the late HayatoShi, who took action in the DC version by expanding a code he entrusted him.

If I come up to the Official GameSpot link Barubary posted his "reason of discovering codes, and japanese cheating relation", I will post it. Until then, you can only go with the conclusion that Barubary is a strange little man. I mean come on. I'm a male with a female avatar opposite to that of S N K's. And, yes, I'm a male. Any male out there can claim himself a female, and there is a great chance someone will believe him. But, it's best from the people who actually remember the history, and those who encountered this sad man (Davka).

That is all.

P.S. I'm still disappointed in the fact that, you just can't come to realized how much of a male he is with all this true evidence. That's like saying Michael Jackson was never once a black kid with a big ass afro and nose... and common sense... to not ummm... rape... kids.

On 2003-11-30 18:22, Silhouette wrote:
    Because people are in denial that she is infact a female that can hack games pretty well.
    To get on this side of the topic. I met females with this sort of rebellious thought. The thought in which females "Can be" stronger than males. Maybe... if you were implying the digital character that spawns the PSO world. But not the man I hear about who sits behind dual computers one monitor for a game another for debugging. There are two people you can also ask about Steven's workplace... Clara (who is also a guy) and Davka (some old woman who actually met the guy). I have their AIM handles which is sort of illegal to give out because , I didn't get permission from them to invade thier privacy. cMx and Son of Jun also know him as another alias, and trust me... they are all males. Females can hack out there... but it's very unlikely for a female like Steven to have a male's name and play video games 24 hours a day while attending a community college in San Diego and working at the same time, who also seems to share a history with a a man many people met in person. You see what I'm saying?

It's more of a seeing, hearin, and knowing is believing... rather than going with YOUR feelings and pretending/joining a bandwagon. What if I were to say you were a male Silhouette. If you are a male? What if i were to say you were a female? or a goat? or giraffe?

Barubary is also a dragon.

P.S. R.I.P. H. Shimizu November 19, 2003

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BogusKun on 2003-12-01 08:28 ]</font>

On 2003-11-25 18:25, Firocket1690 wrote:
    Kinda funny how Baru never replied to a thread that basically turned into another arguement over his sex ...
    Just to repeat it...
    Amen.

Your story about FF5 is wrong. First of all, I'm not Steven Richards >_<

In 1997, I got into emulation and emulated game cheating/hacking. At the time, there were numerous teams that were trying to translate Japanese ROMs to English without permission. One of these teams was named RPGe, and they were working on FF5.

The FF5 team in RPGe didn't have an assembly language hacker, something that I knew is necessary. I joined RPGe to offer my services.

I very quickly realized that their FF5 translation was going nowhere. They were trying to translate the game by using just a hex editor, with no modifications to code areas, which just doesn't work. I agreed with their Japanese->English translator to to start over together, without the rest of the team. They were angry, but we got things done. This translator was SoM2Freak, and had a first name of Jake.

With SoM2Freak, I began doing assembly language hacks to the FF5 ROM to make it able to have the larger English text. Within a few weeks, I had changed the fixed-width Japanese text display engine into a variable-width Latin text display engine. Then SoM2Freak began translating the primary script, as we then knew it was going to work.

The whole time I'd been working on this, my Japanese friend in high school, who I'll only cll harmony7, had heard about what I'd been doing, and had been moderately involved. He decided to join the project after seeing SoM2Freak's translation, as SoM2Freak was not a native Japanese speaker (in fact, I'd say he was still learning). Harmony7 basically started the script translation over from scratch, and had his brother develop some extra tools so he could preview translated text without loading the game. SoM2Freak got angry with his script being replaced, and he left the project. The first release of our patch had SoM2Freak's script, updated with some changes from harmony7, but the second release, the final, had a harmony7-only script.

We were able to translate the game in about 3 months, when I was 15, in the summer break of 1997.

Why is my gender always such an issue to everyone, anyway? >_< I guess some people can't accept a smart woman or female hacker...

-- Barubary

First of ALL ITS NOT WRONG!!!

I'm not wrong man, I used your identity (name, interviewer, and events) a secret because

1. I'm being sarcastic to an extent

2. I'm protecting your little deal you had with Dav.

Also, I know about the interview YOU had taken with someone who posted YOUR information on his website. Of course you being a man.

Sure, WE CAN ALL believe the fact that there is some female hacker out there, and if we could see through that clear as day... yes, we would comend her. I have a friend whom you had talked to face to face (you should know each person connected to you is connected to someone else). And the answers you gave him were true. About you being a man, about you NOT knowing Japanese.

I remember on PSO Version 1 and 2 for Dreamcast, you would attend the japanese servers by copying people and saying "I COPY" in japanese. And you would say simple phrases anyone could learn in a day. Sure, you lied to everyone about that... and/or someone took it to the extremes that you were Japanese or speak the language. Then you told a japanese girl that "You aren't japanese, and you don't speak it".

That stuff gets out... because I was there when I saw you on Io once. You said those exact words. You can't play with people minds like that. And then the words people say here you let them get away with saying.

Tomorrow you'll be a woman, next day a dog, maybe next month you may be a carrot?

You see where I'm getting at... We all know you're a hacker OOO big deal man. but the fact you go on and lie, or let lies get out without settling them... is pure nonsense.

As I said... I know about the failed project with FF5... most people who studied the history knows it, and most don't play PSO. But I DO. And I remember there being a GUY (name protected), who made the emu-FF5 successful. Who could it have been? None other than the great Barubary. Same GUY who talks sdrawkcab. Same GUY who hacks PSO.

And PSO allowed me to witness you go on with these "shinanigans" (however spelt), yes I stumbled in your path many times. I seen you with female charactrers, and male characters. I once had your card, and some of your dear friends that actrually know you.

The story I told was mere protection, but still the basic structure of it... to prove you and the rumors wrong. Anyone can pose asd a female... which I believe I said once. Sure I am a male who is drunk enough to slap a female avatar on my profile. Some guys here tend to do that too.

My only statement to you bar is to come clean with the lies please. If you can't seem to do so. I suggest you do this.

Get yourself... your digital camera... and videotape or some shyt of you and your little hacking playground... and present yourself for 5 minutes no pauses and no lookin at the camera for long periods of time to prevent a false female reading QueCards. Then step by step show us what you do in life (Hack PS2 ladidah) I don't care. But some others do, YOU PROVE TO ME YOU CAN PROVE THAT THE STUFF YOU SAY AREN'T LIES. Go ahead and thinks it's dumb. But either you're scared cuz you know you're a liar... or two, you "think" this is dumb and you should just surrender anyways and be considered a liar...

Choose.

(Because I'm getting sick of you misleading these people. It's taking up webspace)

This is the most entertaining topic I have read in ages!

Go BogusKun!

Well, it looks to me like BogusKun thinks he knows something about Barubary6. But from that last post, I gather that he is talking about a whole different person than the one he is talking to.
    It is true that on the internet you can pose as anyone you want to be. And just because he knows someone that used/uses the name Barubary, and we now have someone using the name Barubary6 doesn't mean these someones are actual the same someone.
    So far, most of the things I've seen Barubary6 say make sense, so he, she or it has the benifit of the doubt with regard to the claims made.
    Also, I couldn't care less just exactly who this Barubary6 really is, and what relation there is with the FF5 projects (as I see it there was more than one)
    And I am totaly clueless why BogusKun get so worked up about it...

I get worked up because I'm tired of the ignorant gamers in the community who are forced to believe lies as they are passed on EVERYDAY. That's like me saying...

"Hi guys I am Bill Clinton and I play PSO. It's no lie"

Well it may be a bad example... but come on people... how many idiots are willing to fall for something like Bill Clinton playing a video game like PSO? -100 people?

I'm saying what I know, saw, and heard.

It's ashame when people fail to listen to the truth...

And decide to listen to liars like, Barubary6...

~C A P C O M~