Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My favorite weapons are Frozen Shooter and Snow Queen. I need both because of their shortcomings. Now I'm wondering if an S-rank rifle (both are rifles, so I think it's logical to start with an S-rank rifle too) can help me get a weapon that has none of'em.
    What I want is a gun with a long range, that freezes (I can put the Freeze on at Paganini if I got that right) pierces (like Snow Queen) and can do Combos (like Frozen Shooter)
    I have already started doing C-mode, but am still a long way from S-rank. But by the time I make it that far, I wanna know what to get...
    So, anyone know if an S-rank rifle with freeze will do the trick? Or do I need another gun?

i dunno... definitely not piercing since this is only for bazooka-type weapons (like SQ), and i also dont think the srank special has the same 100% hit chance as the FS has...

good luck with the cmode. cmode is fun, dont do it for the srank only.

On 2003-11-24 04:35, rena-ko wrote:
    i dunno... definitely not piercing since this is only for bazooka-type weapons (like SQ), and i also dont think the srank special has the same 100% hit chance as the FS has...

good luck with the cmode. cmode is fun, dont do it for the srank only.
    thanx. I think finding ppl to play with may be harder than the C-mode runs themselves. lol
    And I wasn't just trying for S-rank. There are still some things left to do, and I let the desire for the S-rank (think I'll call it Gup-Cannon or something) decide which is next on the list...

So, basicaly, SQ is called a rifle, but really a bazooka. And bazookas don't combo... hmmmmmm
    And an S-rank that is less powerful than a pretty common rare? Wow. I may hope not. But still I'm gonna try and see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-11-24 07:34 ]</font>

S-RANK RIFLE with Blizzard on it will have the same odds of freezing as a Blizzard Laser with 5% hit, forget it, but still do C-mode, its terrific and pick either the TWIN, MECHS or SHOT.

Have fun

Mercenary for Hire

And an S-rank that is less powerful than a pretty common rare? Wow. I may hope not. But still I'm gonna try and see.
    A S-Rank Twin max grind has about the same power as a Demolition Comet.
    A S-Rank Mech gets owned by a 40-50% hit Vulcan
    S-Rank Sword vs Red Sword just Like Demolition Comet and S-Rank Twin about the same (though S-Rank Sword has fixed ATP unlike the Red Sword)

And I could go on and on like this, The current S-Ranks all have about the same power as most 10 star rares. The custom special of a S-Rank might make it more usefull than its "common rare" counterpart. But other than that?

sranks have the special joker. but true.

for a ranger i think the best suggestion is a shot with zalure, given you are a bot... as a human, hm, thats difficult... i didnt thought into that so far...

best sranks are twin, sword and that shot with special... imho. or a slicer with zalure/jellen for the bots...

On 2003-11-24 07:31, Superguppie wrote:
    So, basicaly, SQ is called a rifle, but really a bazooka. And bazookas don't combo... hmmmmmm
    Who said bazookas don't combo? They do, both types (Launchers and Bazookas).

You can combo with the Photon Launcher Series (some more powerful ones don't combo, but I am almost sure the S-Rank one should).
    You can also combo with bazookas. There is only one real bazooka class weapon out right now (the Inferno Bazooka, unless they realesed the S-Rank and Challenge Ep 2), and it combos just fine.

On 2003-11-24 12:02, Ketchup345 wrote:
    Who said bazookas don't combo? They do, both types (Launchers and Bazookas).

You can combo with the Photon Launcher Series (some more powerful ones don't combo, but I am almost sure the S-Rank one should).
    You can also combo with bazookas. There is only one real bazooka class weapon out right now (the Inferno Bazooka, unless they realesed the S-Rank and Challenge Ep 2), and it combos just fine.
    Hm, my mistake. Could have known it, as I was a fan of Guilty Light before I got Frozen Shooter...
    But still, what I am looking for is a piercing thing with the freezing power of Frozen Shooter, that can do a combo. Considering most S-ranks don't freeze that well, I doubt even the S-rank Bazooka would do.
    But when done with the Ep1 C-mode I probably will try for Ep2 C-mode too and see where it gets me.

26Mins for EpI C1 stage

On 2003-11-24 12:02, Ketchup345 wrote:
    You can combo with the Photon Launcher Series
    You've said it, Photon Launcher. It's not the same as Bazooka, it's a different kind of weapon, so the fact that they do combos has no matter in this discussion.

And no, Bazookas in general do not combo.

On 2003-11-25 02:32, RFB wrote:
    You've said it, Photon Launcher. It's not the same as Bazooka, it's a different kind of weapon, so the fact that they do combos has no matter in this discussion.

And no, Bazookas in general do not combo.
    Look at the rare weps list. The bazookas are listed as 'Photon Launcher' just like the ones actualy described as such. From what I can tell these weps share the piercing ability. And as was said, there are bazookas that combo too.