Ok i have Comcast(ISP) wich yes im using a cable modem. Ok after i put my info in the broadband and stuff what do i do next!? Do i just use a standard phone line running from the gamecube into a phone jack or do i have to hook it up through the computer modem!? PLZ i need help.

On 2003-12-03 21:13, TekkamanBlade wrote:
    Ok i have Comcast(ISP) wich yes im using a cable modem. Ok after i put my info in the broadband and stuff what do i do next!? Do i just use a standard phone line running from the gamecube into a phone jack or do i have to hook it up through the computer modem!? PLZ i need help.
    For Comcast cable, chances are you will need to call them and add the MAC address on your BBA. (I did it and a few others did it also with success.) You can hook it up a number of different ways. If you have a hub or router, then you would use a standard cat3 cable to go from your hub or router to your GC. Use the same cat5 cable if you intend to go from your modem directly to your GC (without using a hub or router.) If you use ICS (internet connection sharing) then you will need to use a crossover (patch) cable to go from your pc to your GC. As for the network info, just leave it all set to automatic and leave the proxy page blank.