Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are the all around best weapons? preferably like 5 for each class.

I don't really wanna go through each weapon type to find the best ones... I'd rather hear players input.

It also doesn't give accurate results. Is the Yas 9000 the most powerful mechgun? Is the Frozen Shooter the most powerful rifle? Is the Spread Needle even A rifle?

Fine...

Canes : SUMMIT MOON, no doubt.

Cards : GAL WIND, GUARDIANNA for their specials.

Claw : NEI'S CLAW for the coolness of finding it, RIKA'S CLAW, DRAGON'S CLAW for its easy drop, MORNING GLORY looks terrific and power increases with time, aslo all can use but FOnewearl.

Daggers : The best is probably LAVIS BLADE but too rare, my faves are RED DAGGER they drop easily in SKYLY and may come with good % S-RED'S BLADE is a good find too, but rarer.

Fist : GOD HAND, d'oh ! one of the 5 most powerful weapons in game.

Handguns : HEAVEN PUNISHER no I'd say YASMINKOV 2000H and RUBY BULLET for looks and power.

Katanas : OROTIAGITO for power, YAMIGARASU for looks and power, KAMUI for power and its easy VIRIDIA drop.

Launchers: RED SCORPIO, no question, bosses hate it.

Mechguns : GULD MILLA is too rare, so RED MECHGUNS for its affordable rareness and YASMINKOV 9000M for its range. S-RANK for Hunters.

Partisans : SOUL BANISH !!!! RED PARTISAN drops more easily, though, especially in WHITILL. IMPERIAL PICK looks awesome if you're BLUEFULL.

Rifles : FROZEN SHOOTER, d'oh ! for power YASMINKOV 3000R is way better, GREENNILL only but just a JUSTY 23ST (very easy find in GREENNILL and SKYLY) rocks, good power, accuracy and special, its lack of rarity favours good %

Rods : well depends really, PSYCHO WAND probably. STRIKER OF CHAO for support and AWESOME looks.

Sabers : again LAVIS CANNON is too rare, so RED SABER for its lack of rarity, ANCIENT SABER for its look and special, DB's SWORD AUW 3075 rocks too.

Shots : BARANZ LAUNCHER for power, kinda rare though, S-RANK is good, very good METEOR SMASH, I like its special (RAmar/RAmarl only).

Slicers : RAINBOW BATON, RED SLICER, FLIGHT FAN, FLIGHT CUTTER are all very good, chose the one you get the easiest way.

Swords : SEALED J-SWORD is too rare, ZANBA a bit less but still >_< RED SWORD is kinda unreliable but really powerful and not so rare, CHAIN SAWD (SKYLY only) is as powerful as useful, FLOWEN'S SWORD AUW 3084 has a terrific special (HUmar/HUnewearl only). S-RANK is very good too and VERY reliable. Again I must say I use DRAGON SLAYER (common in SKYLY and ORAN) a lot despite the fact I possess all the ones previously mentioned except SEALED J-SWORD.

Twin Sabers : DOUBLE CANNON and BLACK KING BAR are out of the question for me, so TWIN BLAZE for awesome looks and DEMOLITION COMET because it's an easy find in several IDs.

Twin Swords : ASUKA for looks, SANGE & YASHA for special, especailly as a HUcast/HUcaseal.

Wands : PROPHETS OF MOTAV, looks good, very useful, but hella rare and ORAN only >_< MAGICAL PIECE truly rocks and only costs 50 PDs, TWINKLE STAR is ok if you do not have a SUMMIT MOON or if you do not like the latter XD

You happy ?

On 2003-12-09 17:04, Stalfos333 wrote :
    It also doesn't give accurate results. Is the Yas 9000 the most powerful mechgun? Is the Frozen Shooter the most powerful rifle? Is the Spread Needle even A rifle?
    WTF are you talking about ?

Da Masta of Disasta

On 2003-12-09 17:15, Kefka wrote:

He's talking about the item comparison database. I think that theres way too many to list for each weapon class so I'll list them by character class.

HUmar/HUcast- I prefer Twin Swords or Twin Sabers. Demo Comet is the most reliable of the feasible Twin Sabers. For Twin Swords, I would say Asuka because it is MUCH easier to find than Sange&Yasha.

HUcaseal- I can't really say (I don't have one), but Twin Sabers or Swords are a pretty safe bet.

HUnewearl- Because of attack animations, I prefer daggers. The easiest good find would be the Red Dagger, provided you grind it.

Rangers- Because they have better ATA, I suggest Mechguns, particularly Red Mechguns, since only WHITILL can get the Guld Milla. Another good weapon is the Frozen Shooter, primarily because of it's handy dandy special. If you want handguns go for the Red Handgun (ground it is better than Ruby Bullet, although the special is near-worthless).

FOmar- The Summit Moon adds lots of MST and boosts your already strong midlevel techs.

FOmarl- I would say any weapon that boosts MST, since she has the least MST, preferably the Summit Moon.

FOnewm- Psycho Wand makes your hard techs even more powerful AND will cut TP costs by 50% which is very nice. Good luck finding it though.

FOnewearl- Twinkle Star will make your simple techs really powerful and adds a good boost to MST. Psycho wand would make her TP go even farther and Boost had techs.

This is just my opinion though.

On 2003-12-09 17:15, Kefka wrote:
    On 2003-12-09 17:04, Stalfos333 wrote :
    *translates*
    It all depends on your playing style. Some peopele like to use srank mechs and get whatever special they like, thers like Red mechs.
    The Spread Needle is classified as Shot because it launches 5 needles two feet in front of you . A rifle shoots one bullet with range.

On 2003-12-09 17:56, NoxiousOne wrote :
    FOmar- The Summit Moon adds lots of MST and boosts your already strong midlevel techs.
    SORCERER'S CANE and MAGICAL PIECE boost normal techs, SUMMIT MOON boosts simple ones and goes to FOnewearl.

FOmarl- I would say any weapon that boosts MST, since she has the least MST, preferably the Summit Moon.
    FOmar(l) are good melee fighters so I say RED SABER, ANCIENT SABER, ANGRY FIST, MORNING GLORY, SOUL BANISH, RAINBOW BATON, S-RANK TWIN, etc...

FOnewearl- Twinkle Star will make your simple techs really powerful and adds a good boost to MST. Psycho Wand would make her TP go even farther and Boost hard techs.
    Like I said SUMMIT MOON's better than TWINKLE STAR.

-.-;; My own thread like this DIES, so I will save this thread! Following is the list of the best weapon per type (IMO, naturally):

Cane: Summit Moon. Powers up basic techs, adds MST and EVP, and isn't too hard to make.

Card: Mahu, or Guardiana. A Mahu with Hit% is a great weapon for all FOrces, as it will let you replinish some of your TP, without draining all your Fluids. Guardiana is better for Melee FOs.

Claw: Heart of Poumn. Highly cool looking, pipeable in Skyly, adds 15 to DFP, EVP, MST, and LCK, adds a whole 71 ATA, and is the 2nd strongest claw in the game. If you can get one, I suppose Real Nei's Claw is pretty good too.

Dagger: Red Dagger. Strong, accurate, and fairly easy to hunt down. If you have it, Lavis Blades are obviously better.
    Fist: God Hand. It adds the most ATP and ATA, so...

Handgun: Red Handgun. Pretty easy find, and is the strongest handgun that all can equip.

Katana: Orotiagito, simply because it adds a massive amount of ATP. For looks and coolness, the Yamigarasu wins.

Launcher: Red Scorpio. I don't have a RAnger, but everyone goes on about how this weapon is a great RA weapon, especially for bosses

Mechguns: Twin Psychoguns are good for human HUnters, and either Red Mechs of Guld Milla for RAs. High Hit% Vulcans are hard to beat, though.

Partisan: Soul Banish or Red Partisan

Rifle: Frozen Shooter, or for Melee FOs/HUnewearls/HUmars, go with the Holy Ray

Rod: Psycho Wand, by default. For a less rare one, Striker of Chao or Sorceror's Cane

S-Rank: Either Twin or Mechguns

Saber: Red Saber. Highly useful for Melee FOs, and not too hard of a find. Lavis Cannon is better, of course.

Shotgun: I don't have a RAnger, but Spread Needle or maybe a Baranz Laucher.

Slicer: Rainbow Baton with high Hit% is tough to beat, for just about ANY char.

Sword: Red Sword, for looks, strength, and ease of finding. If you've managed to get one legitly, go with TJSword. I'd still go with Red Sword, myself.

TwinSaber: Demoltion Comet. Easy to find, strong, accurate, cool looking, etc...if you're extremely lucky, go with Double Cannon. BKBs are just a tad overdone for my tastes.

Twin Sword: Either Sange&Yasha or Asuka. And only for HUnewearls or HUcaseals, since they have the usable twin sword animation.

Wand: Prophets of Motav. Hello, 20% Boost to Ra-techs, and it adds 55 MST. Also, it's a spellbook.

Now, per class...

For just about any hunter, it is really hard to beat a good doublesaber. A Demolition Comet is easy to find, and quite strong. Hell, for lower level HUmar/cast, the Stag Cutlery is pretty awesome. Also, HUs should carry a good multihit weapon. A good sword (like Red Sword), a partisan (Red Partisan or Soul Banish), or even a good slicer (Flight Fan, Rainbow Baton). A good set of mechs, even Vulcans with Hit%, are really useful as well.

Now, I don't play as much as rangers, but pretty basic. The best rifle you have, some good mechs, a shotgun (preferably Spread Needle), and maybe a good melee weapon, like a claw or doublesaber.

Non-melee FOrces should use something that boosts techs. Summit Moon is really great, especially for FOnewearls. Psycho Wand is good, and so is Sorceror's Cane or Prophets of Motav. Whatever techs you need, get weapons to boost those. Merges help too.

Melee Forces, it's tricky...Soul Banish, Holy Ray, maybe a Morning Glory for FOmarls, SRank Twin would be nice. Angry Fist isn't too bad, and a High Hit% Rainbow Baton is a God-send.