Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

After what happened on the Dreamcast, and the import version of episode 1&2, you should of already expected people to cheat.....

Cursed J-Sword hunter

I never played Dreamcast. I am a person who hopes that when people enter a contract, they have enough honor and personal integrity not to break.

I feel bad that I was wrong, as this game has shown me exactly how man acts when he isn't being watched. How sad.

Also, you don't get the point. I already paid, and you already cheated, so it's done. You can't blame me for being naive at first. I entered a contract and I did my part by paying. When the cheating occurs, you break the contract. I know that nobody's forcing me to play, but that's not the point. That is, however, being dodgy and not accepting responsibility for your actions.

Rather than say its too late, you should realize that you're wrong. I have pointed it out clear as crystal, and have done so in the politest manner possible. If that is not good enough, then you are beyond all means of reason.
    Now you are calling me a cheater and saying I'm responsible for the current state of online PSO and the very reason you're quitting...

Sorry, but I'm not going to accept responsiblity for something that I had no part in.

I'm just thinking that once your dream was "tainted," and you knew it wasn't working out for you, you could've quit that month and moved on to bigger and better things.

A hunter's liscense lasts a month. So you lose $10.00 and then you know better than to renew the next month. You're out ten bucks instead of however much you've been spending playing a game you obviously can't enjoy anymore. There are other online games to try, and many are much more stringent about enforcing their TOS and such.

PSO has a long history of being hacked to hell (at least on the DC and PC), and it didn't take long at all before it was fairly bad on the GC and xbox... It's a drag, but I saw it coming a mile away.

When I stayed on the DC even after horrible things like PK and CK, I knew it was my own fault if something happened to my characters or items. I was taking a big chance by going online,(despite the fact that I was paying for V2) but I did it anyway and managed to survive, thanks to many good friends.

But I don't think there is much one could say to you that won't make you respond in a negative way. In any case, I sincerely hope you can find another online game that suits your needs, or at the very least, that you enjoy your time away from PSO.

Cursed J-Sword hunter

Now you are calling me a cheater and saying I'm responsible for the current state of online PSO and the very reason you're quitting...

Sorry, but I'm not going to accept responsiblity for something that I had no part in.
    -----------------------------------

You are reading it incorrectly. I say "You" in general terms. Not you specifically :|

Also, I cannot see how it is a "fault" to stay on the game, when the cheating isn't even supposed to exist.

Accepting something that is wrong, and not doing anything about it is even worse than condoning it (more cowardly, at least).

Let's not turn this into a flame war. You got what you wanted, right? I'm gone. I'm just continuing to post because I hope that someone may find value in my words and start down the right path.

If enough people do this, things will change. I really wish people would challenge themselves and become complete, wholesome, accomplished players. Bypassing the work necessary to become that is easily seen, as the skill level of unknowledgable cheaters is sadly apparent.

So, if you know that cheating PSO is also cheating yourself out of an excellent game experience, then why do you do it? Also, I don't want to hear about the "Oh I used to be legit" stories. Every "legit" I've talked to in this way has had a very, hmmmm, questionable outlook on PSO. If you're a legit player but you're constantly malcontent about it, and would go to any length to get better stuff (ie. cheating) then you are not legit in your mind. A person who is legit in his mind rarely falters. Which one are you?

You are reading it incorrectly. I say "You" in general terms. Not you specifically :|
    My bad.

Also, I cannot see how it is a "fault" to stay on the game, when the cheating isn't even supposed to exist.
    Again, find a better game with a more strict approach to cheating than ST or PSO. ST has a history of not caring about their own TOS and rules, nor do they try to do much to enforce the rules when it's apparent that people are doing things that should be stopped.

Accepting something that is wrong, and not doing anything about it is even worse than condoning it (more cowardly, at least).
    Venting your rage on an internet message board accomplishes nothing and in no way makes you any better than anyone else. Everyone's got opinions.

Let's not turn this into a flame war. You got what you wanted, right? I'm gone. I'm just continuing to post because I hope that someone may find value in my words and start down the right path.
    I didn't flame you, and I don't think anyone else did, either... strange. Also, see my response to your last section for a recap on how I feel about people spouting their infinite knowledge on the internet. It's a pointless endevor.

If enough people do this, things will change. I really wish people would challenge themselves and become complete, wholesome, accomplished players. Bypassing the work necessary to become that is easily seen, as the skill level of unknowledgable cheaters is sadly apparent.
    For the most part, this is true. But since I didn't limit myself to playing with legits or non-legits, I know for a fact that people that dupe, or at least use dupes, can play the game just as well as anyone else.

So, if you know that cheating PSO is also cheating yourself out of an excellent game experience, then why do you do it? Also, I don't want to hear about the "Oh I used to be legit" stories. Every "legit" I've talked to in this way has had a very, hmmmm, questionable outlook on PSO. If you're a legit player but you're constantly malcontent about it, and would go to any length to get better stuff (ie. cheating) then you are not legit in your mind. A person who is legit in his mind rarely falters. Which one are you?
    I'm the person that doesn't invest enough time into video games to get that worked up over them.

Again, why didn't you quit this game after the first month of unhappiness? It was your money, no one forced you to pay. If PSO was and is nothing but a wretched hive of scum and villainy, why have you been paying to be dissapointed for so long?

Mercenary for Hire

*still waits for the second half of the title to come in to the topic*
    I never saw where you posted what comes next.
    The whole reason why I clicked on this topic was that second part of the title.
    Instead you go on and on again on why cheating is bad and why you cancelled your HL. But that second part of the title made me think that ADE might have made him/her finally see how some people work/think on PSO. That people will cheat more, get new codes and ST won't do anything (untill cheats are used online then they might actually be arsed to make one(maybe 2, just maybe) patch to disable the codes online. And that NGC will have the same fate as the DC,PC and Xbox if ST doesn't get their act together and they can't on NGC, they could even do a better job of it on the Xbox and I don't see that happening now do I? Non of this stuff I see anywhere in your replies.

And like EvilNixon666 said, if you didn't like the cheating, leave the fukking game. Yes it not supposed to be there, but it is. So find another game and a developer that does enforce their TOS.
    (Don't go saying they don't need to enforce their TOS and people must have personal intergrity and honor. Some people don't think that way. And I fully explained that in one of the previous topics with you. So please don't make me copy-paste )

And we all know that cheating is wrong (just like I said in that other topic) that is like you say as clear as crystal, but does that stop people from doing it? Not as long as ST allows it to happen
    (and the rest you could read in that other topic again from I can't be arsed to copy-paste from atm )

On 2003-12-12 01:18, ADE wrote:
    Fact: this board does not take kindly to people that think differently.
    Sorry but lets not make your opinion into a fact ok?
    If the admins/mods didn't like your opinion (which you have clearly stated too much over past few months) they would have deleted all your posts. And they didn't, now did they?!

And once again the only reason why we think you have no life is because you get so upset about this. Look around you are the only one here who is so upset about it. Man if would get upset every time ST "stole" money from me (and they did in the past and probably will in the future).
    I would go mental. For you the cheaters "stole" money from you
    (I would think beyond and say ST stole money from me but that is just me I quess).

On 2003-12-12 02:42, ADE wrote:

Oh and he isn't under the general public of "you"?
    When you mean some people and not all (which "you" clearly does mean) say "some people".
    That way EvilNixon666 wouldn't have to reply.

True, but tell that to ST

Which am I?
    Well I play legit with some chars (and have a great time doing that)
    And I cheat with some other chars (I find it fun, so I ruin my own game experience for my legit chars?)
    Why would I play legit then? Oh yeah, because I can see those things seperate. And couldn't care less if some dude has a weapon that he didn't do anything for to find it, as long as he knows how to wield it, it is no problem.
    I know my version is legit and had a great time hunting it down. See how the duper and legit player both enjoy a weapon?
    Same goes for the level 200 code. So there are some people with a modded lv200. So what? You had fun during those lv ups right? And that duper has fun being a modded lv200. Yes there is no "honor" in that modded level, but as long is he has no probs with it I couldn't care less. And sure people will call you a cheater with your level. Screw them. It never bothered me on v2 with my legit Lv200 and even made a couple of jokes about it with those people that were calling me cheater. I know I got it legit and my mates know it. Is there any else worth knowning it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-12-12 03:42 ]</font>

Cursed J-Sword hunter

What's next...oh yeah. I forgot about that part. Offline PSO and offline games, and more school work. That's about it.

------------------------------
    Same goes for the level 200 code. So there are some people with a modded lv200. So what? You had fun during those lv ups right?
    ------------------------------

Actually, no. After awhile it started to suck. I did it for the pride and partially for recognition. Some of you might be all tough and say "I do things for myself." Well, sometimes I do things to get a bit of recognition. I like being liked, is that wrong? So when my accomplishment becomes a commonality due to cheating, it ruins the prestige and any respect that I would have gotten. Leveling up 190 and up is NOT FUN. It's repetitive, boring, and seems pointless at the time. None of the cheated 200s will have any appreciation for what they have.

My personal satisfaction is not enough for me. I need recognition and approval to feel at one with myself. If you have a problem with that, I do not care.

Mercenary for Hire

On 2003-12-12 03:43, ADE wrote:

Actually, no. After awhile it started to suck. I did it for the pride and partially for recognition. Some of you might be all tough and say "I do things for myself." Well, sometimes I do things to get a bit of recognition. I like being liked, is that wrong? So when my accomplishment becomes a commonality due to cheating, it ruins the prestige and any respect that I would have gotten. Leveling up 190 and up is NOT FUN. It's repetitive, boring, and seems pointless at the time. None of the cheated 200s will have any appreciation for what they have.

My personal satisfaction is not enough for me. I need recognition and approval to feel at one with myself. If you have a problem with that, I do not care.
    Same for me on the DC, those last straws of getting lv200 can tend to suck, but still had fun with the quests I did. But after that was done. It felt good.
    The nice 2 0 0 on the screen. "Mission acclompished" idea. But as for that recognition, your mates know you got it legit, right? That is at least a bit of recognition, sure it isn't the entire PSO community, but I see that really matters to you. The whole community must know you got it legit, alltough you will never see the entire PSO community. Don't you play more with your mates? Or did you join a lot of open games?
    Btw do you need a level and good found weapons to show you are a good player? Level and weps don't make the char, it is the person behind the char that makes the char. And sure legit players tend to have better tactics than a dude who maxed stat his way from lv1, but that dude can still learn. Just like a legit lv200 person can still learn new tricks

On 2003-12-12 03:28, AppieDPC wrote:
    And couldn't care less if some dude has a weapon that he didn't do anything for to find it, as long as he knows how to wield it, it is no problem.
    I know my version is legit and had a great time hunting it down. See how the duper and legit player both enjoy a weapon?
    There was a time when I thought like that. However, that changed when VulpesMundi came up with the argument that ST may decide not to release an item because the hacked ones are already around, and more easily obtainable then they would have been were they released normaly.
    As an example, suppose the J-sword could not be unsealed yet, and ST decided not to release a way to unseal it. Then I would never be able to wield the best sword in the game. (As I my choice to play legit has become a matter of integrity and honor)
    Other example may be the Parasitic Gene Flow. Suppose that would never be released. Then I would never be able to make a dark weapon, and I would never be able to see Rico. That would be a serious downer!

@Ade: If I read you correctly, you are calling upon the legit players to leave. However, despite the downs of online, it still adds seriously to my gameplay. If it hadn't I would have left long ago. This won't keep me from complaining about the down-side to cheating, but I won't let that ruin the game even more either.
    I wish you the best and hope you find new activities that will make you care as much as PSO obviously has. And I hope you find less assholes along the way...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2003-12-12 04:49 ]</font>

Cursed J-Sword hunter

Thanks man. That's one of the nicer things I've heard this week