Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    EGA Warrior
    In the loney shadows of Oakhurst, California.

Personally, I think it's stupid that you accuse cheaters of "Stealing" your money. Noone forced you to pay for your HL.. you did so of your own free will - and you goddamn well knew the state that PSO was in each and every month when you went back to renew. The moment you're "Dream" was crushed, you should have left the game. Don't blame others for your own screw-up.

Wow, that's almost exactly what I said before. ADE seems to want to be angry at someone besides himself for the position he put himself in.

My personal satisfaction is not enough for me. I need recognition and approval to feel at one with myself. If you have a problem with that, I do not care.
    As I stated before, you can find that recognition in other online games. Also, why do you want the recognition of people you accuse of being cheaters and dupe users and the like? Why would you base so much of your value on the opinions of people that you seem to dislike so much?

Also, I find the last part of that quote to be very telling. You obviously care about our view of you and your PSO status. Yet you call everyone cheaters and accuse the rest of not doing enough to end/help this situation. Do you want the recognition of PSO players, or do you think they aren't worthy of your time and money? It seems like if you didn't really care, you wouldn't have made a topic about this at all.

Have you thought about FFXI?

I don't mind cheaters,because their going to be cheaters on games. People cheat on test,on videogames,and many other things. I play this game when I am bored. Right now I busy geting to lv.199.

[quote]
    On 2003-12-12 02:42, ADE wrote:

I'm just continuing to post because I hope that someone may find value in my words and start down the right path.

Now I'm going to say this about the right path
    Legit is the only true to god way to play but some people want to cheat at it. The other road has duping and hacking now I think that if you dupe just for item backups and for friends who lost stuff thats not cheating but duping super rare stuff Nei Claw example is cheating. After everything you said in the past ADE I can see where you are coming from. MY legit lvl189 char is now 200 the right way. I hv never hacked but hv duped for friends many times over. I will continue to use my hacked chars but also will continue to use my legit ones too. If you would hv just said all this before then people might not hv hated you so much. You wanted to be a rare collector and I see what happened. I can say that I'm srry and maybe we all can understand what he as said.

there are so many better ways to get recognition in this world.

and to be honest, its a case of "horses for courses" people want to cheat and hack because they find value in it.I understand that it may offend you ADE, but you cant realistically expect people to stop...

and as already pointed out, noone is stealing from you. you volunteered the credit card number, and coudl cancel anytime. If anything, I think you set terribly unrelistic goals for yoruself- a merchant in all of the rarest weapons? consider the amount of other people playing and those who played long before you. face it- it was never going to happen.

ADE most people do not like you because you think diffrently cause if you hadn't noticed there are pelnty of legits that hate hackers
    they dont like you cause you talk to much aka spaming,flaming, and not noticeing that if you didnt so much/take it so seriously others may be on your side.

youll also notice that many legits like your self are putting you down.

i got this out of a book and i beleve it
    evil cannot be without good thus if evil is to go than good will burn away utlil theres nothing left
    like wise dupers cant be without legits if you want proof just ask

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: metermore on 2003-12-12 17:36 ]</font>

On 2003-12-11 21:55, ADE wrote:

NO, you have it all wrong. I wanted to be a "merchant" of sorts. That dream was completely ruined by cheating.

There you all go, sidestepping the main issue again.
    So in otherwords, you are mad that cheaters prevented you from bragging about your rares and taking advantage of the "supply and demand" trading method.

Also, use "quote" tags; they make things alot easier to read.

Fact: this board does not take kindly to people that think differently.
    No, we don't take kindly to people self-righteous people who cram the beliefs down our throats in an arrogant, obnoxious manner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2003-12-12 17:38 ]</font>

Only replying to the main poster 'cause I'm lazy, wow. If anyone said the same thing as me, my mistake, but I didn't want to read through all the replies...

Oh, and to all you who said I have no life, look who's still playing.
    So... because they play video games, they have no life?

Everyone lives their life differently, you can't judge someone as having "no life", as so many people put it. Both sides are wrong if they say such. =/

Fact: this board does not take kindly to people that think differently.
    Depends on how they state their opinion. You may have tried to be polite, but if one person finds a post even slightly offensive, things do tend to develop into a mob mentality. That's how forums work.

Well, sometimes I do things to get a bit of recognition. I like being liked, is that wrong? So when my accomplishment becomes a commonality due to cheating, it ruins the prestige and any respect that I would have gotten.
    Getting recognized isn't a bad thing, but you chose a bad place to make an attempt at it. You can't get it by leveling or by items anymore... so why not find a different way to get attention? There's no lack of actions to make someone stand out.

There's plenty of other online games out there. Maybe PSO just wasn't the one for you. Good luck wherever you end up.

No, we don't take kindly to people self-righteous people who cram the beliefs down our throats in an arrogant, obnoxious manner.
    Ecks dee.

Mercenary for Hire

On 2003-12-12 04:39, Superguppie wrote:

There was a time when I thought like that. However, that changed when VulpesMundi came up with the argument that ST may decide not to release an item because the hacked ones are already around, and more easily obtainable then they would have been were they released normaly.
    Hmmm well ST did do that. At least, I have reason to believe they did that on DC and NGC.
    But perhaps ST should focus their energy on screwing dupers/cheaters (patches) instead of screwing legits with this kind of shit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-12-12 18:39 ]</font>

On 2003-12-12 17:54, LamerPanda wrote:

Ecks dee.
    What does that mean?