Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, I just want to say:
    ORAN SUCKS!

I don't know if anyone else uses Oran, but I find absolute junk when I play. Ive put in like 175 hours, and the best stuff I've found is a Sacred guard and a DB'S ARMOR, but it's 0 slot and it suckit. no rare weps, let alone double sabers... but... come on now.

Anyone else hate ORAN? Or have anything they'd like to say regarding how GOOD their ID is? Anything at all along this topic plz =)

And I apologize if this thread has been done already, I don't look through all 87 pages of messages first =)

-Selthik AKA Cloudette

over 300 hours on my oran and i got a couple double sabers. try viridia.

Eee gad, no!! DO NOT use Viridia. My very first character, Kerisis, is a level 100 HUmar with well over 300 hours into him, and I haven't found JACK. Not even a single Double Sabre (don't want one anyways, but still.....). I think the best i've ever found with a Viridia was a 0 slot Ranger Field (can't even use it), and bucket loads of materials.

I've had better luck with my Yellowboze, who was only level 58 with about 30 hours or so playing time. I find countless Double Sabres (in Mines on Hard and V-hard), found a Chainsawd (with NICE photons, found from a Delsabre IIRC, Ruins on V-hard), found S-Beat Arms (from a Delsabre of all things, on Hard Ruins 2), and a 3 slot Hunter Field (from a yellow Rappy on V-hard forest 2).

This constant debating of Section IDs always makes me laugh. No-one has ever come up with a conclusive argument that some IDs are better than others. If you look back through the topics of the past you will find an example of a person from every single section ID saying "don't choose my ID - it's crap - I've found jack in 200 hours".

Face it, even if there is a difference between IDs, finding decent rares involves such a huge amount of pot luck, that it's a complete gamble whichever ID you are; and whenever there is an element of luck, some people win and others lose out.

S.

(Sssssh, it's always a good reason for not being able to get anything decent!)

I almost gave up because I thought Greennil was diddling me out of good equipment...then I found good equipment and realised the whole section ID thing didn't affect things that much...

Rappy Hunter
    Sweden, Europa (The part of the world that god forgot)

I agree.. i don't think the difference is soo huge. Perhaps there's a little difference how big the chance are to find certain rares, but i think all ID's can find them.

But i do think the SectionID could give different rare weapons in the weapon shop. With my Whitill ID i find a lot of DISKA OF BRAVEMAN in my shop..
    Tell me if you encountered that with other ID's as well.

I agree--to an extent--that your section ID doesn't play a HUGE factor in your rare findings. But it does play a factor nontheless. Certain IDs will find more of a certain type of weapon/armor MORE OFTEN then others do. So while I do indeed find.....say.....Sword-types with my Viridia on occasion, my Skyly finds them in abundance. And while my Skyly has found a grand total of FOUR mechguns in over 100 hours of playing, my Purplenum finds them every other treasure box.

So basically, what it boils down to is this--What type of weapon(s) do you want to find MORE OFTEN? I'm a firm believer in the fact that ANY section ID can find ANY item, but again, your ID can play a major factor in HOW OFTEN you find them.

And yes, Ranx--I've encountered the same thing you described. My Skyly can purchase Last Survivors in the shop, my Viridia can buy Crush Bullets, and my Bluefull can buy Gae Bolgs. My Yellowboze has yet to find anything 9-stars in the shop.

Selthik...
    What's up with the suckit saying? Isn't that so like Generation X ago?

Heh...I find the term "suckit" more acceptable than the oft used "rulz", "rox", and "sux". Whenever someone uses those 3 terms, I can't help but be reminded of a certain 2 adolecent slackers, sitting around all day commenting on how lame certain videos are.........

I know how you guys feel, all I can ever find with my Redria is DB's sabers, hold swords, sclier of assassin, and varistas for rares

I can get tons of element daggers, but that's about it

oh well it will hopefully get better