Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You Know....

I'm too legit...

>_>
    <_<

too legit to quit...

I'm legitter than you are! I'm too legit to eat! Since not everyone in the world has food to eat, me eating food is obviously illegit! YOU DAMN EATING CHEATERS! GO JUMP OFF A BRIDGE, THE LOT OF YOU!!!!

On 2004-01-02 10:12, VioletSkye wrote:
    wow, yet another uninteresting and pointless thread. No offense to the newer members, but I've noticed alot of them piping in with something stupid. Here is an idea, do a bit of lurking first. Get a feel for the board, and then post when you actually have something to add to a discussion. Don't feel like you have to post something right off the bat, and spare us the favor of creating yet another ignorant poll.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-02 10:15 ]</font>
    You don't have to even read the posts if you find them so distasteful. If you are having problems with people being stupid as of late then tell the people in the official stupid people thread.

Why do people bother even saying "no offense"? If you ever feel the need to say it, then you must be about to say something offensive, you can't expect people to not take offense to an offensive remark. If they took your adivice and took no offense, then they would hear nothing you say in your remark anyways, so you might as well have said nothing at all. Sorry, that "no offense" thing bugs me ever since I started hearing people use it to try and cover themselves. I recall my neighbor's son saying "No offense, but you're stupid." The whole concept just irks me, anyways I'll leave now before I have to say offense one more time.

Oh, and to Aurra, while you're on the starving to death path why not make it a hunger strike against non-legitimacy? It worked for Ghandi, why not you?

On 2004-01-04 13:33, _Ted_ wrote:
    On 2004-01-02 10:12, VioletSkye wrote:
    wow, yet another uninteresting and pointless thread. No offense to the newer members, but I've noticed alot of them piping in with something stupid. Here is an idea, do a bit of lurking first. Get a feel for the board, and then post when you actually have something to add to a discussion. Don't feel like you have to post something right off the bat, and spare us the favor of creating yet another ignorant poll.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-02 10:15 ]</font>
    You don't have to even read the posts if you find them so distasteful. If you are having problems with people being stupid as of late then tell the people in the official stupid people thread.

Why do people bother even saying "no offense"? If you ever feel the need to say it, then you must be about to say something offensive, you can't expect people to not take offense to an offensive remark. If they took your adivice and took no offense, then they would hear nothing you say in your remark anyways, so you might as well have said nothing at all. Sorry, that "no offense" thing bugs me ever since I started hearing people use it to try and cover themselves. I recall my neighbor's son saying "No offense, but you're stupid." The whole concept just irks me, anyways I'll leave now before I have to say offense one more time.

Oh, and to Aurra, while you're on the starving to death path why not make it a hunger strike against non-legitimacy? It worked for Ghandi, why not you?
    You missed the point entirely. By stating that a particular topic is pointless, it may cause the poster to stop and think about what they post in the future. See how that works? Simple huh?

I bothered to say "no offense" because I felt like it. Why did you bother to comment on it at length? Talk about pointless. If what I say is so bothersome to you, take your own advice and ignore it. Simple enough huh?

And just for your edification, the term "no offense" is pretty standard in every day conversation, so I am so sorry to have used such a trite/hackneyed phrase that is commonly used. I'll try to think of something creative next time before I comment on someone's post, just so you don't feel the need to give a full paragraph dissertation on the banality of my wordage.

Gee, I think the next time someone says something that I find "irksome" in regards to word usage, I'll quote them like you did and write out a paragraph or 2 on why it bothers me. On second thought nm, its "stupid" and I have better things to do

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-01-04 16:21 ]</font>

Whoa, calm down there. All I said was if you don't like the thread then you don't have to read it and I said how I dislike it when people say no offense, I'll admit it was long-winded and pretty much pointless, I did not mean to direct it to you in an attempt to attack you, I was sharing my opinion and why I had come to that opinion. I did not mean to deeply offened you.

Don't you think you were just a little harsh in your response? It's not like I killed your family and then burned down your home or anything.

On 2004-01-04 20:18, _Ted_ wrote:
    Whoa, calm down there. All I said was if you don't like the thread then you don't have to read it and I said how I dislike it when people say no offense, I'll admit it was long-winded and pretty much pointless, I did not mean to direct it to you in an attempt to attack you, I was sharing my opinion and why I had come to that opinion. I did not mean to deeply offened you.

Don't you think you were just a little harsh in your response? It's not like I killed your family and then burned down your home or anything.
    I might have been a tad harsh Sometimes I do come off as being rather abrupt and dare I say, abrasive. My apologies