Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

would you change the combat system?

i for one would like a more dynamic one, with dodge moves+controlling blade weapons with the right control stick. they could make enemies fight more agressively to counter things such as dodge move. also, your ata goes up when you use ranged or quick accurate weapons, attack power from heavy hitting weapons, evasion from dodging attacks, defense from taking damage and blocking, luck from hitting an enemy's weak spot(doing a horizontal strike on something with a weak/skinny torso, like dimenians) and mst from using spells. character classes keep weapon restictions and bonuses in certain ares. that way character leveling is more dynamic. possibly add jumping.

i know that the above would change most of the pso forumla but do you think it would be cool? aslong as they dont rip off other games on combat, it could be cool. ideas?

On 2003-12-31 22:35, Cybridnum051 wrote:
    would you change the combat system?

i for one would like a more dynamic one, with dodge moves+controlling blade weapons with the right control stick. they could make enemies fight more agressively to counter things such as dodge move. also, your ata goes up when you use ranged or quick accurate weapons, attack power from heavy hitting weapons, evasion from dodging attacks, defense from taking damage and blocking, luck from hitting an enemy's weak spot(doing a horizontal strike on something with a weak/skinny torso, like dimenians) and mst from using spells. character classes keep weapon restictions and bonuses in certain ares. that way character leveling is more dynamic. possibly add jumping.

i know that the above would change most of the pso forumla but do you think it would be cool? aslong as they dont rip off other games on combat, it could be cool. ideas?
    *Cough*FFXI*Cough*

call me crazy but i have never played ANY final fantasy games except for tactics at my friends house. once. heard alot about em though.

XI Is the new online one that's coming in March for PS2. It looks great.

Anyway, if there ever were a new real time action PSO game, I would definately want new areas.

yes but my question is would you change the combat system? if yes than how?

The c-stick thing sounds like a pretty good idea. Or maybe a fight option like in some fighting games, where when you do different button and stick combos, you do different moves.

With mechguns I'd like to see it so you just hold the button down and you keep shooting until you release it, instead of the standard 3 hit combo. That might make it a little too easy though.

well i was talking xbox. never thought about gaypube

*cough* i mean gamecube. just kidding. im a playstation 2 and xbox owner, but i prefer my xbox.

the only reason i havent got gamecube is there arent enough gorey/shooting online games for me. if there are, point em out! all i have seen so far are cartoon/kiddy games. it might make me get one.

console debates aside, if they were to control sword type weapons with an analog stick, then what about rangers and forces? they wont get any cool combat.

On 2003-12-31 22:51, Cybridnum051 wrote:
    well i was talking xbox. never thought about gaypube
    Don't even start with that immaturity..

console debates aside, if they were to control sword type weapons with an analog stick, then what about rangers and forces? they wont get any cool combat.
    RA could use it to aim, FO could... I don't know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ERS on 2003-12-31 23:08 ]</font>

i was just kidding. anyway, lets not have harry potter spellcasting. mabee they can use it to aim simple spells and direct the path of complex ones, like have gifoie make a Z pattern......

i'd like to more move you can do in general...all there is the same animation over and over and over and over and oevr and over and over again(gets so boring after like 5 min)

new areas, new enemys(smarter ones would be cool they could try and flank you dodge your attaks instead of just walk right towards u)