Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

I was lucky. The WalMart Supercentre in Memphis where I was living at the time had several copies of the game, so I had no trouble getting it. Only thing I've ever had trouble finding was the Modem Adapter, and that only because I had to wait until November last year to get it, lol. I got PSO in... Marchish? Not that long ago. I bought my 'Cube at EBX, though, because they had Platinum and WalMart didn't. Got a memcard 251 at WalMart, too. Heh. Only thing on the 59 that held my HUmar at the time, though, was another HUmar belonging to my friend's brother, and he didn't use the character anymore. So I just gave him the 251 and kept the 59. *shrug* Not that starting a L35 over again would have been particularily painful, especially not twinked with a Rati and Hard-level stuff, but I was attached to my HUmar and I'd heard 59s were better for online anyway in case I someday got on.

</ramble>

Only PSO I see these days, though, is Xbox. X_x;

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

On 2004-01-03 17:44, Ian-KunX wrote:
    I was lucky. The WalMart Supercentre in Memphis where I was living at the time had several copies of the game, so I had no trouble getting it. Only thing I've ever had trouble finding was the Modem Adapter, and that only because I had to wait until November last year to get it, lol. I got PSO in... Marchish? Not that long ago. I bought my 'Cube at EBX, though, because they had Platinum and WalMart didn't. Got a memcard 251 at WalMart, too. Heh. Only thing on the 59 that held my HUmar at the time, though, was another HUmar belonging to my friend's brother, and he didn't use the character anymore. So I just gave him the 251 and kept the 59. *shrug* Not that starting a L35 over again would have been particularily painful, especially not twinked with a Rati and Hard-level stuff, but I was attached to my HUmar and I'd heard 59s were better for online anyway in case I someday got on.

</ramble>

Only PSO I see these days, though, is Xbox. X_x;
    Why thank you....for reading the forum community your life story!

I dunno about you guys, but near every video game clerk within an hour of me either runs off what their boss babbles to them or what's stated on the internet. I find it very unlikely that half of those people actually called Sega themselves. It's also quite likely that if it were a Gamestop or EB, they were told to not push the game. Bleh, I know, but they do that all the time. They'll tell you they don't have a game in order to push their new releases. (Especially if you want to pre-order them!) PSO doesn't seem a likely candidate for hiding, but anything's possible.

On 2004-01-03 04:19, shinto_kuji wrote:

why do people always say pso is already dead? a game is "dead" when people no longer play it/log onto its servers and last time i checked this game was far from dead, especially with the recent jp release of ep3 and the impending release of it here in february.
    its dead from having no value in anything...trading means nothing...rare hunting means nothing...theres barly anypoint in playing! when every one looks the same and uses the same equipment...thats dead...

So happily unsatisfied

On 2004-01-04 18:48, Buuyon wrote:
    On 2004-01-03 04:19, shinto_kuji wrote:

why do people always say pso is already dead? a game is "dead" when people no longer play it/log onto its servers and last time i checked this game was far from dead, especially with the recent jp release of ep3 and the impending release of it here in february.
    its dead from having no value in anything...trading means nothing...rare hunting means nothing...theres barly anypoint in playing! when every one looks the same and uses the same equipment...thats dead...
    Ever try playing on a JP ship? I think I've seen more new rares in the couple days I've played there than I have since I first came online. The fact of the matter is that just because all those things means nothing on Vega-1, doesn't mean that's the case everywhere else. Also if you say rare-hunting means nothing, then I guess all those threads abuot how to find this and that are...fake?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ezellaur on 2004-01-04 19:03 ]</font>

On 2004-01-02 10:36, kevlar_pso wrote:
    OBTW, EB and Gamestop workers, almost never know what they are talkin about. Ask them where they work. Chances are they will still give you the wrong answer! LOL

*cough* I used to work in EB [now it's a game store]

In my experience half of the people they employ are slightly stupid though and either need help getting dressed, or wouldnt know the difference between a console and their own arse

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Coxy on 2004-01-05 00:48 ]</font>

I dunno about you but the guys at my local EB store seem to love PSO.

One time I asked them if they still have anymore GC PSO, they were like "Sold out man... *leans over the counter* I NEED THAT GAME MAN.... ITS SO GOOOODDD!!!" LOL.

On 2004-01-02 18:42, Outrider wrote:
    Heh. Anybody else like watching the clerks eyes bulge out in panic when you know more about the product than they do? I love doing that in the video game section at Toys R' Us.
    lmao... I do love doing that... When I bought PSO for the GameCube at a local Funcoland, the clerk was like, "You know, you could just wait a few months and get it for the PS2." To this I replied, "Um, no I can't. Maybe if it were COMING to the PS2. Maybe if I HAD a PS2, I would consider it. Except I don't have a PS2, and PSO isn't coming to it anyway. You COULD have it confused with the Sega ageS remakes of PS1, 2 and 4, which ARE coming to the PS2, but at the moment, those are Japan only." This was the day PSO was released for the GameCube in the US. The guy was just, "Oh... All right..." Meanwhile, I'm thinking something along the lines of, "pwnd!" It was glorious.

The lesson? Games shops employees are more misinformed about upcoming releases than even Gaming mags. They're likely to be accurate about a game's release date within a week of it being released (hence, when their particular store has already ordered their copies), but beyond that, the further away the actual date is, the further off they're going to be. Thus, inevitably, because PSO for PS2 will never be made or released, guys at GameStop franchises will always tell you something in between, "Next month" or "Next year". Unless they've been properly corrected. But even then, they may get corrupted again...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2004-01-05 10:41 ]</font>

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

But I shouldn't knock all game clerks. After all, the local Software Etc. made copies of Link's sword and shield for when Wind Waker was released.

However, I have had to correct clerks on more than one instance. Meh... for them it's just a job. For me, it's my life.

i got an idea lets all open an online game store in our free time!

after i get out of school....